Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Today's Update Not-So-Mega Megathread

Kind of worried about the no-weapon Wednesday thing. I wonder if that's not sustainable, or if they're just spread thin right now for some special reason? 

We get Gorgon Wraith so I'm not complaining. They're definitely doing it right. Dual pistol/melee or Wraith / Vandal weapons seem like a good way to keep up expectations while reducing dev time. I have no problem with that. But I do worry.

In the last live stream they said they would be diverting some attention away form weapons for a bit in favor of other things.

I.E. " melee 2. ...2.5, Vor's Prize, drop table fixes and more cosmetic options for your frames. skins, scarves and other stuff."

a lot of players (including myself) asked DE to stop adding new weapons for a time and concentrate in fixing stuff / make older weapons more viable...

Balance and art are not done by the same teams. Sure new weapons need balance, but they can't be tweaked in depth until they've been out in the wild for some time and DE has stats on usage as background and context for player feedback.

Hopefully, we can sustain the practice of regular releases where new weapons can be added while existing ones are tweaked, rather than a cycle of one then the other.

...adding cosmetics (thats whats gives money to companies nowadays), so i am happy they listened, i am not worry about it at all.

Cosmetics I get, but that's also partof what I meant by sustainable. If they can't do one weapon a week + cosmetics then that worries me. Obviously I recognize that we don't get everything they're working on immediately. Those prime weapons last Wednesday were not dropped off by the prime fairy. That's why I was saying maybe they're spread thin for another good reason. I would hope however that when things are 'normal' around the office we could sustain one weapon per week for the life of the game. 

Being able to say that to people is a huge draw to this game, vs other games that remain stagnant for long periods of time then see huge releases. I want DE to stay that course of consistent releases, not go over to what the other games do.

In the last live stream they said they would be diverting some attention away form weapons for a bit in favor of other things.

I.E. " melee 2. ...2.5, Vor's Prize, drop table fixes and more cosmetic options for your frames. skins, scarves and other stuff."

I'm aware. I'm just hoping that it's not common and that the 'normal' continues to be a reliable weapon per week.

Again, we get Gorgon Wraith and I'm not complaining. Wraith / Vandal or dual versions of existing singles are (I would think) an easy way to keep that going and give devs a breather. Just hoping they realize how special and valuable that is, that fans can say REGULAR CONTENT RELEASES WITH A NEW WEAPON EVERY WEEK to other gamers.
Edited by VKhaun

Kind of worried about the no-weapon Wednesday thing. I wonder if that's not sustainable, or if they're just spread thin right now for some special reason? 

We get Gorgon Wraith so I'm not complaining. They're definitely doing it right. Dual pistol/melee or Wraith / Vandal weapons seem like a good way to keep up expectations while reducing dev time. I have no problem with that. But I do worry.

They said they're planning to add things like cosmetic items on Wednesdays, instead just of weapons all the time. This will provide new cosmetic items more frequently and appeal to the players who simply refuse to understand that the people working on the "reinforcements" aren't always the same people working on the big, important game changes/updates. Of course, I'm not saying you are one of those people, I'm just pointing it out.

I do enjoy getting new weapons, but I like using the ones I already have because they're at max rank and can actually kill things (leveling can be so slow with some weapons), so I don't really craft new ones unless they're really cool. I'm very much looking forward to getting new cosmetic stuff, mainly syandanas.

Edited by Ailith

Alright my Tenno brethren you're all alive, well and strong.

Let's all show DE how ready our bodies are for today's goodies! MOAR HYPE NEEDED!

(Sorry no GIFs with my posts this evening. I'm mobile and posting from a phone, but thank you bros for keeping the energy going!)

Edited by sushidubya

Alright my Tenno brethren you're all alive, well and strong.

Let's all show DE how ready our bodies are for today's goodies! MOAR HYPE NEEDED!

(Sorry no GIFs with my posts this evening. I'm mobile and posting from a phone, but thank you bros for keeping the energy going!)

Oh, I can help you with the GIFs part. gmsRoYN.gif

It's still fairly early evening in Canada where DE is.

Exactly. DE's in EST, so when they say "evening", it means evening in context of EST.

Cosmetics I get, but that's also partof what I meant by sustainable. If they can't do one weapon a week + cosmetics then that worries me.

It doesn't particularly worry me. One weapon/week is, frankly, an incredible output of content. So incredible that I don't think it is particularly sustainable. I can't think of a single game that did similar. Even Mass Effect 3 only introduced weapons sparingly at expansions every few months, and for a lot of them (ie the N7 guns, the collector rifle, the prothean particle gun) the art and code assets were merely ported over from single player.

I wouldn't mind if DE pushed it back to a weapon every two weeks or something, if it means the DE employees don't burn out and have to stop producing content altogether.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

The simple solution is to use Tokyo Time and release updates on Wednesday mornings (Japan time).

This way - Prime Time can become a Canadian Wednesday afternoon show, Devstream can move to Thursday and then we ALL get updates on Wednesday AND Friday night is free again!

Win - Win - 勝利!

Have never understood the drama over cosmetics... If my frame has 12 skins, couldnt that just be 12 more frames instead of 13 total art assets tied up in 1? if anything it makes it easier for DE as they dont have to worry about all of the other components. this game moves much too fast to sit in the middle of a mission and admire someone elses frame, when by design we should ALL have the same gear as its required to level Mastery Rank. so something like a skin wouldnt even be unique in this game, and thats good. Tenno are already outnumbered and outgunned when viewed as an entire faction, we dont need to compound the issue by being underleveled so to speak

Just dont get it honestly.