The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0: Shiny, But Useless Toy.

letir

Then shouldn't the enemy have the same swords/abilities? Then anyone with a gun loses any battle and all the grineer and corpus will ditch guns for swords. The Tenno would lose in such a situation.

Other factions don't have Tenno's sword mastery, but have a specialized units for CQC situations.

See here... you're already judging a development without any test. Reserve your 10 barrels of whine and wait for Melee 2.0... make a review of it, be it pretentious, arrogant or constructive.

Your post is hardly speculation, if that was what you imply. It's already judgement.

That's like buying girl toys and pink hat gifts for a 2-month old fetus. You don't even know the gender yet you already bought something.

Here is what gonna happen when Melee 2.0 released

1/ Player A charges toward an enemy with his melee. Player B instagib that enemy with his gun

2/ Player A charges toward an enemy with his melee. Player C instagib that enemy with his power

Here is what gonna happen when Melee 2.0 released

1/ Player A charges toward an enemy with his melee. Player B instagib that enemy with his gun

2/ Player A charges toward an enemy with his melee. Player C instagib that enemy with his power

And what is wrong with that?

Fine Keep complaining and don't use melee 2.0 when it come out . i'll be kicking grineer in the face with a scythe like a boss

Or bashing some head with rhino

47045363.jpg

You engaging Napalm 40 lvl. He's knocked you down with unavoidable AOE and finish fight with one-two shots.

QTE in Warframe?

How, exactly do you propose they implement such a feature in a game where you are regularly swarmed by legions of quasi-zerglings intent on eviscerating you? Do you, perhaps, seem to enter a pocket dimension invisible to the other players within the session? And while engaged with one of these foes, you suppose the others will wait their turn like in Assassin's Creed? The answer would most likely be no. Adding something like that is not like changing the HUD. It would be a serous pain. QTE only really works effectively in single player games. It would be a complete disaster in Warframe.

Also, about parry... If you allow melee to parry everything, when will you be allowed to use a weapon or an ability...or...anything? While I agree you should be able to parry anything, there are the animations to consider. Bullets constantly fly in your direction. A maxed Reflex Guard is going to activate all..of..the..time. Now, this would be BEYOND hilarious to do with say Trinity and..uh Retribution, Reflex Guard, and all the parry mods with Link active. I don't know if I'd have my stroke before or AFTER my heart attack from laughter. But it just wouldn't work on any other frame. The guard animations would lock out your guns. You would have to get lucky to use them...or sneaky. But then you wouldn't need Reflex Guard, neh? Going try that Trinity noise, might not survive. The only thing that could make it better is Counter Strike bunny hopping while I'm doing it. Ultimate troll victory dance hehehe.

Fine Keep complaining and don't use melee 2.0 when it come out . i'll be kicking grineer in the face with a scythe like a boss

Or bashing some head with rhino

47045363.jpg

You engaging Napalm 40 lvl. He's knocked you down with unavoidable AOE and finish fight with one-two shots.

Combo damage multiplier + iron skin+ ragdoll effects + jump attack 

Edited by Deidaku

New melee system will be useless. It can be "beautiful", "imbalanced", "glitchy" etc - but it will be useless in real game.

Let's make it clean - Warframe is FPS with simplified combat mechanics. Game balance designed for a gunfight, and also has other problems on its own.

Main problems:

1) Ranged weapon master race.

It's quite simple: Risk vs. Reward. Ranged weapons have a minimal risk, but highest reward. You can kill enemies one by one from cover, or kite infected without the slightest danger. Moreover, ranged weapon has the highest damage, can penetrate obstacles (modding) and has a large reserve of ammunition (it can be replenished during the mission).

2) Powers.

Press 4 to win. To be invisible. To be immortal. To wipe room. To control room. To be contined...

3) Game balance.

a) СС problems - inevitable and irresistible control effects.

b) Tank vs late game - insane damage from high level enemies can easy kill any tank. It's fight of glasscannons.

с) Lack of combat etiquette - enemies can freely attack you in crowds, without any hindrances.

What need to be done for REAL Melee 2.0:

1) Absolute block and parry system.

Not DMC, but Jedy Knight and Metal Gear Rising battle type.

Tenno can block EVERYTHING with blade - bullet, rocket, death ray, and even return it to the sender. They have deadly counterattacks, able to destroy a tank in one hit.

Parry sequince have timing and QTE - very difficult and challenging. Every enemy have his own QTE (gunners have simple and obvious, melee fighters have difficult), and it's length/speed imroved with level.

2) Enemy diversity.

All fractions adopted to modern warfare. They create new armor, shields and tactics to counter gunfire. What's why Way of the Sword is still alive - Tenno sword can beat unbeateable.

3) HP, tanking and CC system rework.

a) Rework of defence - defence modules with better effect. Real tank must miltigate some damage even on high levels, even from most dangerous enemies.

b) Stricted CC - all control effects can be avoided or blocked. There isn't any "insta-AOE-knockdown" or "infinity-chain-of-stuns". Handspring for free.

"You just wanna faceroll Pluto/T3/Nightmare!"

I want a chance to use my sword against Grineer squad or pack of Ancients/Chargers. Without the risk of being killed on the spot/controlled to the death.

4) Stricked ammunition for ranged weapon.

Each weapon should be limited to 1-3 clips. Supply of ammunition should be significantly limited. Ammo drops must die.

On Defence/Survival Lotus give you ammo drops.

That's the way to balance everything without nerfs. Use your gun now, or keep ammo for future boss? Kill this crowd with rocket launcher or take down armored leader without melee battle? Choices and decisions.

5) Stricked powers.

CD's and "rage" concept - you can gain energy only for damage/kill, melee give more energy.

P.S. "It's too difficult, you want to destroy the fun!"

I want VIABLE melee - not just funny toy. And simple shooter with unlimited powers can't have viable melee - there is just no way. It's question of game balance - every "melee orientated game" must strict ranged weapons.

you spelled Jedi wrong.

Yeah because everyone want to play as Rhino/Trinity and abuse the ragdoll effect.

Excalibu r + Super jump : Jump attack + combo multiplier from slash dash

Mag :  Pull eneimes to close range and finish them off all in a row with fast combo

Ash , loki ;  invisibility dmg bonus + combo multiplier  : a lot of insta kills 

Valkyr  hysteria  : invulnerable to knocdown  = combo the sh*t out of enemies with high damage

Stop being so negative and be creative 

Edited by Deidaku

Mag :  Pull eneimes to close range and finish them off all in a row with fast combo

Or I just Penta and Nuke everything with Molecular Prime. Also Invisibility Melee Loki is cheap.

1) QTE in Warframe?

How, exactly do you propose they implement such a feature in a game where you are regularly swarmed by legions of quasi-zerglings intent on eviscerating you?

2) Also, about parry... If you allow melee to parry everything, when will you be allowed to use a weapon or an ability...or...anything?

1) You have damage resist (and CC immune). Your main target is paralyzed, but can hit your back, if you failed too hard.

2) Bullets and other "small things" parrying automaticly when you have melee in hands. Big dangers (such as strong projectiles/melee strikes) must be blocked.

Edited by letir

I understand your desire to simply charge into a 12 heavily armored and well equipped marines and start tearing them apart at no penalty to you. That being said, what you ask for is irrational on many levels:

1) Change the game's genre.

2) Force 1 and only 1 playstyle on everyone.

3) Piss off everyone that ever invested anything in guns.

4) Destroy the game's pace.

5) Completely revolve a game around 1 feature of it.

I could go on but I'd rather not.

Shot from Soma and kill target.

Shot from Penta and kill g. squad.

Stop being so creative and be effective.

Edited by letir