Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron's Polarities (Or Lack Thereof)

Zuzzie

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before, but why exactly does the Brakk get a Dash and a V polarity while the Detron has to struggle with none? When DE designed these two weapons, surely they wanted them to be as equally balanced as possible, so as to make people who have one but not the other feel as though it is fair. I know, forma fixes everything, yada yada, but 2 forma to get them on an equal playing field feels like a bit much. Hate to hate, but it just seems odd.

they should be equal in my opinion as well. i only have the brakk, not having fun/luck finding harvester. do you have both? if so is there a big diference in damage? i am imagining the detron has a more concentrated shot with slightly less damage while brakk has more spread and more damage??

When DE designed these two weapons, surely they wanted them to be as equally balanced as possible

melolsoohard+rolled+a+random+image+poste

Sorry. It's just expecting balance from DE is unrealistic. At least for now. Anyway. Sadly forma is an argument against adding polarities as it adds longevity to the game. I'm not saying it's good but it works. So grind away, you lucky Tenno bastard

Edited by WhisperByte

I think they should just be consistent, you know, follow a pattern instead of being so random. For example: 1 polarity to every weapon you can craft from the market, 2 for every other weapon; that would be the best, but I won't complain for a meaner rule as long as they stop making weapons with no polarities at all.

I also don't mind if they change or improve the polarities of older weapons and it doesn't affect those I already own, it's beta after all.

Edited by CubedOobleck

My guess is that the Detron's base Radiation damage was compensating largely for it's lack of polarity.

I mean, think about it, it's one of the few weapon where you can have radiation AND another electric combo, and we all know how strong electricity is when combo'ed with another element.

Brakk on the other hand has a pretty bad typing and fall off damage. I mean, Impact is pretty much only good for shields and the damage fall-off is self-explanatory. 

they should be equal in my opinion as well. i only have the brakk, not having fun/luck finding harvester. do you have both? if so is there a big diference in damage? i am imagining the detron has a more concentrated shot with slightly less damage while brakk has more spread and more damage??

Don't have the Brakk yet, but the Detron seems better at longer ranges, due to it's lack of damage drop off, and I think it has a tighter spread too, not sure about that though.

I have both. You are pretty much correct, also the detron does not have damage falloff but brakk does. The inherent radiation damage of the detron makes it a bit more specialized.