Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credits, Resources, And The Void

BizarreFetalChimpanzee

A quick note to Moderators before I get started:

EDIT: Apparently this thread is now likely doomed to die as far as long discussion is concerned. So much for that note :/

Either resource and credit cache rewards should see an insane buff in value or be removed entirely, especially when doing T3 void survival/defense. 

It is outright insulting (and discouraging for future runs of the void) to go to the trouble of farming a void key, playing several minutes on survival, only to see several of my rewards be insignificant 5000 credit caches, or simply one orokin cell. Just one. Or better yet, control modules (not like I already have over 1k of those useless things). It is also pathetic to get to, for instance, wave 20 of endless defense, only to land with similarly pathetic rewards. 

With regards to resources, particularly orokin cells (though this applies to all resource rewards in the void), we as a player base wanted those to be random drops from kills and loot crates, not wave/survival time rewards. However, if you truly insist on us gaining those as rewards, you need to actually reward us with them. If I knew at the start of a void mission I was going to end up with just a single orokin cell as my main reward, I'd skip the void entirely and just do a few runs of Ruk. I'd like to see these rewards be buffed to minimally 5 of whatever resource they happen to be. This way I don't feel like I'm being slapped in the face when I do a hard run, only to get one of whatever it gives me. 

As for the credit caches, I'm far more inclined to say get rid of these things. All they do is clutter up the drop table (so do the resources, but these feel like a large bulk of it some times). Again though, if you truly insist on us having credit caches as rewards, think for a minute what it's like to be doing a long survival or defense run, to land with most of your rewards being insignificant credit caches. I understand not wanting strictly primes and forma in the drop tables. However, if I'm going to be getting nothing but credit caches all the time, then they need to be far more significant than they are now. I seriously say no less than 10,000 each to even consider them being decent rewards, especially in long T3 survival and defense runs. 5k is outright insulting, especially when I hit minute mark 40 or wave 20.

This issue ultimately boils down to a severe case of reward < effort, when really, it should be reward = effort (or is close enough to be negligible). Granted, it's almost near impossible to truly reward properly for X amount of effort, but I still think these things could definitely use a massive buff if they're not going to be dropped from the tables entirely.

In short: With regards to the void, either buff the amount of credits we get in credit caches/buff the amount of X resource we get in a resource reward, or get rid of these rewards entirely.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Feedback belongs in the Feedback sections. 

Moved to the proper section.

This is NOT feedback, he is starting a discussion.  You clearly did not read the spoiler.

-------

What needs to happen...

Remove resources and credits from the Tier 3 reward tables.

Survival mission rewards should NOT rotate on a cycle.  The fact that after playing for 20 minutes, your rewards reset as if you had just started the mission but all the mobs are boss level (40+) is just plain stupid.  Rewards should remain at the Tier 3 level until you Complete or Fail the mission.

With those simple changes, one would only ever see resources as rewards at the 5, 10 and 15 minute marks of a Survival mission and only at Waves 5 and 10 of a Defense mission.

Feedback belongs in the Feedback sections. 

Moved to the proper section.

This is not the proper section. While feedback is part of this, I wanted moreso to start discussion on this rather than simply providing feedback. If I was simply doing feedback, I would have put it here in the first place. Please read the spoiler note next time.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee