Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hit Scan Weapons.

Harazard

What if Hit scan weapons like the Braton,Karak,Soma etc. used 3D projectiles and not 2D projectiles? and the speed of those projectiles would be significantly faster of the plasma balls shot by Dera Tetra and Supra.D you guys think this would be a great idea?I know this purely depends if you play in a no lag or lag game but this would atleast make long range engagements with the grineer less painful due that you can hit anything as long as your crosshair aims at targets but your weapon is clipping with a wall or crates.

Sorry if this suggestion causes lots of rage....

Edited by Harazard

Well  to be exact alot of people would be glad of this because all the AI of this game are aimbots which can never miss you.And the Corpus Elite Crewman is immposible to dogde without cover because he is strickly locked on you.and the Grineer only miss you due to their unaccurate weapons.

Hit-scan weapons are exactly that. When the weapon fires, it's already made it to the target. The visual effect you see is only for looks.

However, you'll notice which enemies have hitscan weapons, and which ones don't. Heavy gunners have hitscan weapons, while Corpus crewmen with the strun have projectiles

3D projectiles? 2D projectiles? Explanations please.

3D objects are things that exist on the X, Y, and Z planes.

2D objects only exist on the X and Y planes.

If that didn't make sense, he's talking about shooting spheres instead of lines.

Edited by Archistopheles

3D objects are things that exist on the X, Y, and Z planes.

2D objects only exist on the X and Y planes.

If that didn't make sense, he's talking about shooting spheres instead of lines.

Oh so essentially you increase the chances of hitting your enemy slightly.

I thought that the hit scan would no longer work 3D but in 2D. (a whole plane, wow)

Miter blades aren't hitscan... they're what he's basically asking for.

I have to firstly note that hitscan is on most heavy machineguns, so it would cause some framerate issues for everyone having to calculate all of those projectiles.

I think, honestly, just adding tracer fire to them would help loads--one out of every few rounds (let's say 7 or so) has a very long projectile trace the path at highspeed. That way, we'd be able to see where the incomming fire is coming from, and we wouldn't have the massive uptick in calculation load.