Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime Has Golden Bolts !

LascarCapable

God forbid a Primary weapon gets 16k DPS without being damned as OP.

Meanwhile Secondaries are rocking 20k+ DPS and that's considered normal, Hell, UP in some cases.

I'm all for weapons being effective throughout.

If you spend six or more formas and a catalyst on a weapon and fusing your mods to max it damn well better be able to drop level 60+.

You earned the privilege.

the weapon is fine. stop it seriously.

its the same as soma but without crits.

Dude it deals MORE dmg than a Soma! Watch Mogamus or PeoplesChoiceGaming review. They Confirm it. And since they are completely @(*()$ ELITES at this game I'm 100% sure they're correct. Haha I mean... you could probably guess when you first used the weapon ;)

Dude it deals MORE dmg than a Soma! Watch Mogamus or PeoplesChoiceGaming review. They Confirm it. And since they are completely @(*()$ ELITES at this game I'm 100% sure they're correct. Haha I mean... you could probably guess when you first used the weapon ;)

PCG says the Soma deals more DPS than the Boltor Prime, watch his vid please.

ROFL. Where do you get this bullocks from?

I was talking about the arsenal screen.

In-game phage does 40k+.

Seriously, I don't think we even play the same game.

I'm assuming you are aware Latron Prime got a significant buff recently, right? Not sure how you would consider it 'long forgotten' as the thing is exceptionally powerful. 

Boltor Prime with the following mods: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, and 4 Elements, deals more than 20k damage per second - Rexsol

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้  

You heard it here folks!  Boltor Prime is the TOP DPS PRIMARY IN THE GAME!   RAISE YA DONGERS!!! IT DEALS 20K DPS.  NOTHING ELSE IN THE GAME CAN TOP THAT!

This is the future of Warframe!

Edited by Ishki88

It's description actually says it fires Orokin Bolts, hence the gold =P

Boltor P felt a bit iffy to hit stuff with, but then that's the bullet travel time and shot pattern. As soon as you chuck on a Heavy Cal that little bit of lost accuracy increases the radius of your hit cone and, hey presto! everything in front of you dies.

I enjoyed leveling it (since it actually was able to kill stuff reasonably well at low levels) but I've since shelved it. Headshots with my Latron P are just that much more satisfying to full off, and they keep my aim sharp.

I'd say that the Boltor P is a tad imba, and I'd like to see it toned down a tad, ~5% reduction in base damage with a slightly longer reload maybe.

Also I tend to run my own damage calcs, rather than using other peoples. I get about 22k for my Latron Prime with bodyshots, and that comes with better ammo efficiency, more procs and hitscan. Other Rifles eat your heart out. 

ALL HAIL THE HIGH LORD LATRON PRIME

Edited by Sixty5

Sustained BASE DPS:

1. Brakk

2. Boar Prime

3. Boltor Prime

Burst BASE DPS:

1. Drakgoon

2. Brakk

3. Boar Prime

Latron Prime is similar to the Brakk. It has high enough DPS to be top tier anyway, but can be further pushed with critical mods.

Soma and Synapse are different though. On their own, DPS is weak, but when you add critical mods, their DPS increases exponentially rather than linearly. Weak early game, powerful late game is the concept. To elaborate, here is an example.

Soma deals 10 damage per shot.

Soma has 30% chance and 3x crit damage.

Serration maxed out adds 165% or multiplies by 2.65 damage and Split Chamber maxed out doubles the # of shots meaning 2x damage.

So... 10 X 2.65 X 2 = 53

Point Strike maxed out adds 150% chance or multiplies by 2.5 and Vital sense adds 120% or multipliers by 2.2

So... 10 X 75% X 6.6 + 10 X 25% = 52

Now think about that. Almost the same result. Well guess what... you can have both.. resulting in extremely high base damage which makes elemental mods even more powerful rather than just stacking several different one. Example:

53 X 75% X 6.6 + 53 X 25% = 275.6

Now lets compare Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammershot, and 2 elemtenals on Soma vs Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Wildfire, and 4 elementals on Boltor Prime to settle this atleast in terms of damage per shot:

Soma: (10 X 4.3 X 2 X 75% X 8.4 + 10 X 4.3 X 2 X 25%) X 2.8 = (563.3) X 2.8 = 1577.24

Boltor Prime: (54 X 4.3 X 2) X 5.2 = (464.4) X 5.2 = 2414.88

Then you could factor in fire rate. Well, Soma has 15, Boltor Prime has 10.

Soma: 1577.24 X 15 = 23658.6

Boltor Prime: 2414.88 X 10 = 24148.8

So basically almost the same DPS, but Boltor Prime is more efficient per shot whilst Soma is actually hit scan.

Now one might wonder, what about Latron Prime? Well lets see (same mods as Soma).

Latron Prime: (84 X 4.3 X 2 X 37.5% X 7 + 84 X 4.3 X 2 X 62.5%) X 2.8 = (2347.8) X 2.8 = 6573.84

Latron Prime: 6573.84 X 4.2 = 27610.128

At least someone made the math. Didn't want to do it myself.

We already discussed it over and over again.

Soma relies on crit builds and punch though while boltor prime has inate puncture damage that happens to be the best type of damage. Plain simple.

Edited by Mr.Pava