Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do The Tenno Have To...

Whatarewordsworth

...murder everything? I was running an extermination mission on the Corpus when I thought to myself, "Why am I killing everyone on this ship???". I understand the Tenno are weapons of war but exterminating over 100 people is overkill. Tenno kills should be surgical, personal, tactical, and purposeful, not miniature genocide.

Because Tenno are Evil. They enjoy slaughtering entire ships and outposts. They enjoy taking out assassination targets and sabotaging operations that have nothing to do with them. Because Lotus said so, and she is giving them a cookie if they do as she says, and they like it.

We are here not to ask. We are here to Obey lotus in silence.

We are but tools. Little gears in a huge machine.

We are a scalpel. Our goal is to remove the tumor that is spreading across the galaxy. Sometimes you need to slice the whole leg off to save a life.

Sometimes we need to commit genocide, like it was commited on us, and earlier on the Orokin, to save the whole galaxy.

We do not question orders.

We are executing them.

In silence.

Edited by Angius

...murder everything? I was running an extermination mission on the Corpus when I thought to myself, "Why am I killing everyone on this ship???". I understand the Tenno are weapons of war but exterminating over 100 people is overkill. Tenno kills should be surgical, personal, tactical, and purposeful, not miniature genocide.

The Orokin ordered us to destroy the Sentients and bring balance to the system.

We reduced the Sentients to zero.

We reduced the Orokin to zero.

The Corpus and the Grineer are thus unequal to the other sides.

Balance will be preserved.

Remember, we did not start this war, we simply happened upon it, we woke up to war.

If our enemies believe their might can stand up to us then let them fight only to be slaughtered.

I'll destroy the Grineer, Corpus, the Infestation, I'll do whatever it takes to end this pointless war.

By the thousands my enemies fall, they will fall as long as they fight. 

I will not stop fighting until I shatter the illusion of hope that the enemy possesses.

I will not stop fighting until my frame fractures and my bones break.

I will fight till I drop.

Edited by FIGHTTILLYOUDROP

Remember, we did not start this war, we simply happened upon it, we woke up to war.

If our enemies believe their might can stand up to us then let them fight only to be slaughtered.

I'll destroy the Grineer, Corpus, the Infestation, I'll do whatever it takes to end this pointless war.

By the thousands my enemies fall, they will fall as long as they fight. 

I will not stop fighting until I shatter the illusion of hope that the enemy possesses.

I will not stop fighting until my frame fractures and my bones break.

I will fight till I drop.

But what would happen with the warmongers if all enemies were defeated and the war ends?

Lotus will not let the war end, the so called "balance" will be maintained to fit Lotus interests. She is manipulating both sides, we will keep this war going on forever. She knows we're outnumbered and cannot directly declare war against either faction, we need their credits and their resources to fund Lotus own operations.

But what would happen with the warmongers if all enemies were defeated and the war ends?

Lotus will not let the war end, the so called "balance" will be maintained to fit Lotus interests. She is manipulating both sides, we will keep this war going on forever. She knows we're outnumbered and cannot directly declare war against either faction, we need their credits and their resources to fund Lotus own operations.

Or, after the war ends, we will head back to our cryogenic chambers, awaiting The Second Call. Awaiting the time when we'll be needed again. Awaiting The Lotus to wake up, when the galaxy will be in need.

Warframe: The Second Call, coming soon

Or, after the war ends, we will head back to our cryogenic chambers, awaiting The Second Call. Awaiting the time when we'll be needed again. Awaiting The Lotus to wake up, when the galaxy will be in need.

Warframe: The Second Call, coming soon

Soon?

It's just around the corner!

Azariah Kyras said it best really:

Faitful, Enlightened and ambitious. Brethren.
In but a single decade a mere few swipes of the pendulum.
We have gathered a sacrifice to Khorne.
That will be made LEGEND!

Though it was a simple weaker voice that illuminated me during my centuries upon the judgement of Kharier. It was Khornes messenger who showed me the true path of freedom from our pathetic corpse emperor.

And what is this path, this meaning, this purpose to which we gather the skulls of our foes?

It is nothing.

There is no meaning.

No purpose.

We murder, we kill, it is mindless savagery. This universe is mindless.
In mere hours billions will die. Innocent, guilty, strong and weak! Honest and deceitful! All of them!
They will scream, they will burn and for no purpose than the mighty Khorne may revel in their bloodshed.

And united in this void of purpose, fear or duty. We Shall AT LONG LAST!!

BE FREE!!!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

LET THE GALAXY!! 

BURN!!!

Edited by Ziegrif

Lotus says kill and you kill. Like a trained animal you do as you're told. You don't care that that crewman had a wife and kids, that he had a life outside the corups inustrial machine, that he wanted nothing more than to be off that godforsaken ship and back home with his friends and family. You don't care because you're Tenno, and you've been made to believe you're the good guys.

I'll have to dig up that thread from a ways back titled something like "are we really the good guys?"

In an extermination mission I suppose that is the purpose of the mission itself. But, as for other missions I suppose it would be up to us if we just wanted to run past everybody, or leave them suspended in Bastilles . . . it just wouldn't be any fun.

^This

People really over think these things sometimes.