Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Brakk Parts Need To Be Tradeable.

Macros20

Let me tell you why I think this is a good idea:

- The Three are an absolute nightmare to farm. The fact that their appearance is based solely on RNG makes it frustrating to try and hunt them. Not only that, but it isn't even a guarantee that they will drop Brakk parts. Again, that's left to RNG. I'm sick of RNG in games and it just makes my (and other peoples) experience less rewarding and more frustrating.

- Some will say "The Brakk is too overpowered to have its parts tradeable". You know what else has all of its parts tradeable? Boltor Prime. And while its yet to be nerfed, its a powerhouse of a weapon that is just as, if not more, overpowered than the Brakk. But we don't see people complain about its availability, do we? Not only that, but weapons like the Soma are very much overpowered too, and you can literally buy their blueprints in the market and build them right away.

- I get it, a lot of people earned this weapon in the Gradivus Dilemma, and other from being fortunate enough to get all the parts against the Three. What about the other people? People that are either unlucky as hell or don't have enough time in a week to farm the blasted thing are losing out here, and the rest of the community, and even DE to an extent, are practically mocking them for missing that one event or not having enough time to play the game.

- Warframe is a co-operative game. If I'm correct, co-operative has something to do with helping eachother accomplish goals. Someone could be fortunate enough to have duplicates of a Brakk part and their friend is lacking it. Who's to say a friend can't help a friend out and give a Brakk part to them? I feel like people who have the Brakk are very stingy about making it even slightly more accessible, and it really detracts from what this game is supposed to be: a co-operative game. 

I know people are going to say how stupid and wrong I am for suggesting the Brakk parts become tradeable, but if someone in DE can give this idea a chance before they blow it off, that's all that really matters to me. As a fan of this game, I only wish the best for it, and I only suggest this idea because I feel it could help out the community in general.

Whoever reads this, thank you. 

I don't want to see anything else become tradeable...

Trade chat is mind-numbing as is, people screaming for brakk wouldn't help.

Plus, more people who had to work for the brakk would get even more angry.

Trade Chat will always be spammy. That's the way it is.

And even if the vets who got the Brakk in the Dilemma get angry, it would only be temporary. The aren't angry about the Boltor Prime being tradeable, so I don't see them hanging onto their anger for too long. Plus, as I said above, this game is co-operative, and we as a community should be able to help eachother out. If people don't like that, they shouldn't be playing the game.

It was an event item, I disagree with the ability to be traded. This is a nice middle ground for the players who earned the brakk during the event. And for those who couldn't obtain it. Basically allowing it to retain some sense of accomplishment without making it impossible to obtain for the people who joined after/didn't qualify.

Making it tradeable defeats the entire point of having done the event. It trivializes participation of future events as the perception will shift to "why bother, can just trade for parts later". 

Edited by Nariala

Ok firstly, I think you cry babies have had your way long enough. The simple fact that you are able to get the Brakk in the game now WITHOUT doing the event is bad enough. Now you insist on making it easier to get ? REALLY?!?! Will you people never be happy with a challenge ? I understand your RNG woes but you aren't the only one. I love the Brakk and I got it from the event, like how you we suppose to. Maybe you weren't around so you feel cheated ? TOUGH ! I wasn't there for the Vandal versions or the strun wraith. No one is seeing those things coming back....and i can understand why. I feel cheated that I worked hard in such a limited time Frame to get the gun only to realize it became farmable later. 

De has already stated that they wont make the parts trade able.

PS I had the Brakk From Day one and It has been amazing ever since. (before all the nerfs)

"forget detron

forget stalker's arsenal

forget the entire not obtainable (unique or not) arsenal (ether daggers, machete, Braton Vandal...)

we only need brakk"

did you know that the Prime Bronco has no damage falloff and has almost the same base damage?

you can not catch the Brakk, but want an alternative, take the Bronco Prime

Not another one of THESE threads * Cringe *. . . You people should be happy you could get the weapon to begin with. . . I'm shocked as it is that an EVENT weapon is no longer an event weapon, but now a " Grustrag weapon ". To all the people that got Brakk during the event; good job, you really deserved it. . . Anyone who gets it otherwise-. . . I have no words of disappointment.

- And I agree with Zeyes. . . There is a WHOLE BETA GAME ( A whole small - medium library of weapons ) that you can use..

Edited by IvoodooI

It was an event item, I disagree with the ability to be traded. This is a nice middle ground for the players who earned the brakk during the event. And for those who couldn't obtain it. Basically allowing it to retain some sense of accomplishment without making it impossible to obtain for the people who joined after/didn't qualify.

Making it tradeable defeats the entire point of having done the event. It trivializes participation of future events as the perception will shift to "why bother, can just trade for parts later". 

This.

So, you want to see tradeable parts only because of hard farming Brakk, huh? Why not Dread, Despair, Hate or Detron and etc...

Why i don't see any threads where people wants to get their Machete Wraith and Prova Vandal, hmm...

I get it, a lot of people earned this weapon in the Gradivus Dilemma, and other from being fortunate enough to get all the parts against the Three. What about the other people? People that are either unlucky as hell or don't have enough time in a week to farm...

No offence, i know that feeling... Sometimes it makes you angry... but nobody owes nothing to nobody. It's our owns problems we don't have enough time to play or something else. The life is so unfair.

For example, I farmed Detron entire a few weeks. The one part i wanted was the Receiver. Well, i get it and then we're failed the mission. Can you imagine that moment of rage?

Ok, again. Week or maybe two weeks of farming. Met the Harvey again. Finally, Receiver! Yay... And you know what? I lost it because of game servers down. Right after mission complete. That's it. Ofc, that was unfair and i was angry. Support didn't helped me, 'cause logs didn't saved.

When i got Detron, i just lvl'd up and forgot about it.

Hate it x)

Btw,

this.

BUT! You can still obtain it. RNG is part of this game. Sad but true. Just beat the RNG.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

I guess it was a stupid idea to begin with. GG vets, you get your Brakk. I'll just go cry in a corner for a bit.

So... i should do the same with Detron 
only yesterday I had my first encounter with the Harvester, even though I spent almost 3 months just going on Corpus missions

I'm kinda getting the feeling that " Vets " or " veterans " Is pretty much an insult now to anyone who did a previous event and got the weapon, then are angry when others can get the same event weapon without actually doing the event .-. . But whatever. . . I Guess I'm a vet then.

DE has flat out stated that with the exception of Excalibur Prime all of the event/limited weapons have a chance to come back.

And sad to say each time one does we'll have people crying over it. If you haven't gotten it yet, the real exclusive is the badge, not the toy.

I think one of two things needs to be done with the Brakk parts. Either A) shift the tables so one member only drops parts to guarantee a drop like harvester, or B) make them tradable. However if route B is taken all the hunter drops should be tradable as well.

And for all those who say trading these parts would be bad, why? What makes trading any parts any worse than trading mods?

This is a serious question.

DE has flat out stated that with the exception of Excalibur Prime all of the event/limited weapons have a chance to come back.

And sad to say each time one does we'll have people crying over it. If you haven't gotten it yet, the real exclusive is the badge, not the toy.

I think one of two things needs to be done with the Brakk parts. Either A) shift the tables so one member only drops parts to guarantee a drop like harvester, or B) make them tradable. However if route B is taken all the hunter drops should be tradable as well.

And for all those who say trading these parts would be bad, why? What makes trading any parts any worse than trading mods?

This is a serious question.

To your last statement- err. . . Someone typed this earlier. . . Where is he/she?

There we go. This exactly is why Exclusive/event/limited weapons should not be able to trade with.

To your last statement- err. . . Someone typed this earlier. . . Where is he/she?

There we go. This exactly is why Exclusive/event/limited weapons should not be able to trade with.

My last question was regarding prime parts as well, since everyone seems to hate it so much.

There's also a line between accomplishment and frustrating grind.

Personally, I don't want the Brakk for anything other than the mastery points. When I do get it, there will be no sense of achievement. Only a slot forever filled because of the off chance the game will change in a way to make me want to try it again. Just like the Miter, Phage, and any number of other weapons that are a pain to get.

My last question was regarding prime parts as well, since everyone seems to hate it so much.

There's also a line between accomplishment and frustrating grind.

Personally, I don't want the Brakk for anything other than the mastery points. When I do get it, there will be no sense of achievement. Only a slot forever filled because of the off chance the game will change in a way to make me want to try it again. Just like the Miter, Phage, and any number of other weapons that are a pain to get.

The problem coexists with prime parts as well. " Why farm this or that, when I could just trade for it.. ". The only weapons I would not mind being traded is clan weapons. Maybe resource trading as well. . . But any type of " Exclusive " is a tad bit too far.

The problem coexists with prime parts as well. " Why farm this or that, when I could just trade for it.. ". The only weapons I would not mind being traded is clan weapons. Maybe resource trading as well. . . But any type of " Exclusive " is a tad bit too far.

Why mods then? And do forma count as a resource? And clan weapons are even more exclusive than void or hunter weapons as they are mastery locked, research locked, and require forma to build. That's three hoops instead of one.

Why mods then? And do forma count as a resource? And clan weapons are even more exclusive than void or hunter weapons as they are mastery locked, research locked, and require forma to build. That's three hoops instead of one.

To me, it's about personal preference. . . But trading is a way for DE to make some extra money with people buying platinum. . . It pretty much exists with every thing tradable, it's how people handle it.. And the way I handle it is Mods-meh. Prime parts/BP's - Wish not. Exclusive weapons-Hell no. Forma - It's pretty common, but still... Regular weapon parts - Nothx, you can buy a BP. Clan weapons - Join a clan with the research, but I'm half on that.

I've found personal experience plays a huge part too.

I had Frost Prime before I had a stormbringer mod. I was well into Pluto as well.

Before this last prime update I could count on one hand the number of formas I'd gotten, mostly from alerts and invasions. Now I need two to count them, but the frequency is looking better.

Also, how do you define exclusive? Things that can't be bought directly from DE? Or things with one specific source?

I'm kinda getting the feeling that " Vets " or " veterans " Is pretty much an insult now to anyone who did a previous event and got the weapon

Considering they had the Brakk handed to them for only doing a hundred missions, if someone wants to complain that I should have to do way more work than them AND prostrate myself before RNGesus to get something that was for them purely a welfare weapon...

Let me tell you why I think this is a good idea:

- The Three are an absolute nightmare to farm. The fact that their appearance is based solely on RNG makes it frustrating to try and hunt them. Not only that, but it isn't even a guarantee that they will drop Brakk parts. Again, that's left to RNG. I'm sick of RNG in games and it just makes my (and other peoples) experience less rewarding and more frustrating.

- Some will say "The Brakk is too overpowered to have its parts tradeable". You know what else has all of its parts tradeable? Boltor Prime. And while its yet to be nerfed, its a powerhouse of a weapon that is just as, if not more, overpowered than the Brakk. But we don't see people complain about its availability, do we? Not only that, but weapons like the Soma are very much overpowered too, and you can literally buy their blueprints in the market and build them right away.

- I get it, a lot of people earned this weapon in the Gradivus Dilemma, and other from being fortunate enough to get all the parts against the Three. What about the other people? People that are either unlucky as hell or don't have enough time in a week to farm the blasted thing are losing out here, and the rest of the community, and even DE to an extent, are practically mocking them for missing that one event or not having enough time to play the game.

- Warframe is a co-operative game. If I'm correct, co-operative has something to do with helping eachother accomplish goals. Someone could be fortunate enough to have duplicates of a Brakk part and their friend is lacking it. Who's to say a friend can't help a friend out and give a Brakk part to them? I feel like people who have the Brakk are very stingy about making it even slightly more accessible, and it really detracts from what this game is supposed to be: a co-operative game. 

I know people are going to say how stupid and wrong I am for suggesting the Brakk parts become tradeable, but if someone in DE can give this idea a chance before they blow it off, that's all that really matters to me. As a fan of this game, I only wish the best for it, and I only suggest this idea because I feel it could help out the community in general.

Whoever reads this, thank you. 

No, this is a terrible idea.

-You can't 'farm' them. The only thing you can farm for is their deathmarks, that's it. And that is how it was intended to be.

-How OP/UP a weapon is should have nothing to do with its tradeability. I'll agree on that.

-You can't 'farm' for it. How do you people not get that? You can farm for the chance to kill something for the chance at getting the drop you need. The fact of the matter is, if you missed the event that's your fault. If you don't like the current avenue of acquisition that is open to you (not saying you do or do not, just making a statement) don't do it. The 'boo hoo, I want it' argument doesn't really mean anything. If you want it, play the game.

-Cooperative isn't the word I'd use to describe the kind of price gouging you'd see going on if the Brakk parts were sellable. People would be charging a TON of plat for the very reasons why you feel it should be tradeable in the first place. Then there would be threads about 'QQ brakk too expensive'

People would be charging a TON of plat for the very reasons why you feel it should be tradeable in the first place. Then there would be threads about 'QQ brakk too expensive'

That's capitalism for you. People will charge what people will pay. If nobody pays the price, it'll get lowered or the seller won't be able to sell. It fixes itself.