Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept Ultra-Violet (Light Based)

oick88

DE should make a light based frame there are almost all major elements used in the warframes if we are talking about seriously advanced tech here shouldn't there be a light based warframe.

Here are my base stats:

Heath: 25-90

Shields: 125-175

amour: 75-125

Power: 100

speed 3.5

Abilities:

1. Light speed: Speeds warframe up to insane speeds and courses damage upon impact with enemy.

2. Focused beam: Sends out a beam of light so focused it burns holes through anything.  

3. Time warp: Your warframe accelerates so fast that everything seems to have slowed down.(AoE)

4. Solar Flare: Like a imploding sun you contract then send deadly levels of light expolding outwards killing everything near you.

Please tell me if this sounds to OP and could someone come up with adiquete damage for these abilities because I don't want to make them invincibly Strong.

P.S: the hyphen on the stats is to indicate the range which I believe they should have eg. Health 75.

P.P.S Its a she the names pretty obvious 

Alternate abilitys

1. Focused Beam: A fast cast single target beam with a .75 or 1.0 punch through. Good for hitting tougher enemies, or clusters.

2. Solar Flare:A pulse that does radiation damage with a chance to stagger. Changes it enough to make it less of a kill everything and more a good crowd control ability. 

3. Light Absorb: It converts damage to energy and distribute it among squad members in a radius that scales with the mods level. Dividing it among the squad makes it a support ability, and keeps it from being an infinite energy exploit.

4. time warp:  Going so fast no one sees you do it.The base duration is short enough to where you really need to be ready to take advantage of it. But used correctly, it would provide a variety of tactical options. And since it slows time, just imagine how it could save the day during survival.

link to Water warframe:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/196536-new-warframe-concept-aquarius-water-based/

Edited by oick88

Looks good overall. I'd tweak the first ability personally, but only because it sounds so similar to Slash Dash and Rhino Charge. Maybe make it a burst laser offensive ability that has a chance to deal either heat or radiation damage, but has spread over distance.

And maybe change the name of UV Rays to Focused Lense or something to indicate that it's a concentrated beam of light.

Time Warp sounds fun. Accelerating the squad to light speed make the effect plausible, and it would be very useful in a variety of situations. Might even be a candidate for being the ultimate ability for the frame.

Like I said. Cool concept. Definitely +1 on this.

How is #1 Rushframe 

The frame already has more than twice as fast move speed as Loki. The skill that adds even more speed (and with max efficiency it would cost like 5 energy) would be an overkill and the frame would pretty much be a go to frame for rushing

1. light absorb: speed halved but while moving all damage is halved and converted to energy.

Sounds pretty op. Rage only converts 40% of HEALTH damage to energy while your proposed skill converts 50% of ALL damage. For a frame with minimum of base 125 shields that's really too much

I like the light speed idea. It would be cool if there was a flash of light when it was activated and your frame instantly teleported to wherever you were aiming, with a limit on distance travelled of course.

The thing is, some of these abilities are dangerously close to both Volt and Nova. I think an alternate to the ultimate could be something like a black hole ability. You send out a black hole that sucks anything within range into it and it violently sends out light bursts damaging enemies in range.

And perhaps it could be a "light-based" frame instead of just UV light. This would make sense because the ultimate would involve Gamma Ray Bursts.

Edited by LauZaIM

Firstly, speed is far too high. When loki/Rhino P with vanguard has 1.3, 3.5 is far to high. I'd say, at most, 1.3 like the rest.

Secondly, light speed seems like an better version of volt's speed.

Thirdly,I'd say make the health range from 75-90. 25 results in 75 at level 30, and with a max vitality, under 200 health. One bleed proc and you're down.

@Warriorrouge I'm trying to balance powerful abilites with fragile heath. and with the speed this warframe is meant to be able to reach light speed its meant to be insanely fast but with low heath

Edited by oick88

Why don't you like it I like critics they make you think harder

Nothing to think about. Three out of four abilities are either too simple or too similar to other abilities.

Light Speed: Volt's Speed with an irrelevant amount of damage.

Focused Beam: Saving grace of kit. Could be interesting but if it's too weak, it'll be useless. Think it would work if it was very strong but had a CD.

Time Warp: Seems pointless when you can just press 4 to win. Low utility.

Solar Flare: Stomp, Molecular Prime, Overload, Radial Javelin, Sound Quake, World on Fire. Been there, done that.

@LauZaIM a black hole would be a anti-light warframe not a light based one 

And does anyone have ability ideas for a aquatic warframe

Black holes involve light; its light based frame. GRB's are the brightest things in the universe. I think having the most powerful source of Light on the Light frame would be a great idea..

4th  ability: Ofcourse it has to be a nuke

3rd ability: Should be changed to solor flare or focus light, either you shoot a giant ball of light, or shoot a lazer that drains your energy ever second.

2nd ability: Invisibility seems to be a good fit, since you know Light frame

1st ability: Really this can be anything that is a projectile attack.

Maybe 4 could be a Kamakazi, it could do something like 20k and radiation damage, but down your character instantly, i can dig a nuke that has recoil.

Edited by Feallike

kk read my alternate ability section theres a possible replacement I just thought of

I'd order the abilities like this, with a brief explanation as to why.

1. Focused Beam: Make it a fast cast single target beam with a .75 or 1.0 punch through, and it could be very useful, but not OP. Good for hitting tougher enemies, or clusters.

2. Solar Flare: Change it to a pulse that does radiation damage with a chance to stagger. Changes it enough to make it less of a kill everything and more a good crowd control ability. At max it could still deal enojgh damage to kill mid-range enemies.

3. Light Absorb: I like this idea. Make is convert damage to energy and distribute it among squad members in a radius that scales with the mods level. Dividing it among the squad makes it an awesome support ability, and keeps it from being an infinite energy exploit. I also would make it the third ability, because as a first ability, the energy wouldn't benefit a low rank frame, especially during solo missions.

4. Light Speed: The base duration needs to be short enough to where you really need to be ready to take advantage of it, but leveling and power duration mods could still effect it. But used correctly, it would provide a variety of tactical options. And since it slows time, just imagine how it could save the day during survival.

Those are my opinions. Lime I said, cool concept. Wonder if this will inspire some concept art.

Edited by MisterUltimate

Maybe 4 could be a Kamakazi, it could do something like 20k and radiation damage, but down your character instantly, i can dig a nuke that has recoil.

If It killed you you would have to have a teammate or some revives