Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spud-Worthy Weapons

TonyFoot

Hm. I know you said no primes but the boar is retired... 

Spud-Worthy:

1. Boar Prime - Aim in the general direction and hold down the trigger. You've cleared a room. xD

2. Aklex - MORE LIKE DUAL DESERT EAGLES BRO! Actually very underrated imo. Makes an incredible anti-grineer weapon, and has incredible range. Add very high base damage, a respectable firerate and crit chance/multiplier and you have a bang-on secondary weapon.

3. Kestrel - Actually an incredible weapon for squishies and stealthies. A charge build makes it do respectable damage, and its charge attack has an almost guarenteed knockdown. Ash/Loki get the melee bonus from a range, and squishy frames like Nyx can use it to get breathing room.

NOT Spud-Worthy:

1. Dual Zoren - Just get them to 9 put fury on them and use them for mobility. No spud required.

2. Cernos - of all the bows... I chose this one... because it looked cool. (It sucks) -.-

3. Dark Dagger - I swear I was drunk or something when I potatoed that piece of crap.

Edited by LetsGrindItOut

I think any weapon you played and liked to lvl 30 probably deserves a potato to see how much farther it will go.

weapons that were pleasantly surprising.

Sicarus after the gave it the small buffs.

Kestrel

Fang

Regrets

Drakgoon: I was sure I'd love it from first sight... I was horribly wrong.

Dera: Same deal

Kraken: Same deal

Strun and Gorgon both got potatoes, little sad as the wraith versions came out and replaced all together, but not bitter about it.

Some Primes are utter crap, though. (Bronco Prime, I'm looking RIGHT at you.) Braton Prime was kinda underwhelming too. So not all Primes are uber. Just like some Clantech's crap (Embolist, your turn), and some of it is downright stupidgood (SynapseHYPE).

Give the Bronco Prime some slack.... the dual version is actually WORSE, I'm really glad I made a 3rd Bronco Prime instead of using the potato'ed one I had.

1: Braton and it's many variants. They're honestly just great weapons which perform admirably against every faction in the game. Not amazingly well like Soma or Synapse or any other ridiculous damage dealer, but the Braton series handles well, can dish out damage in a majority of the game's content, and looks really cool as well.

2: Gram. I love my rave glow stick boat oar. Just... Awesome...

3: Flux Rifle. Ever since I saw this I wanted to build it and as soon as I did I realized it's just a really great weapon as well. It's basically the Braton of all the beam weapons. Not super amazing damage, but functional, reliable, and really cool looking.

What I regret:

1: Obex. *shudder*

2: Obex. *shudder intensifies*

3: Dread. This thing is half the reason I hate the bow weapons in this game. The other half is Thunderbolt.

1. Detron. Has a nice, satisfying feel, and can hold 3 dual elements, allowing it to be modded to be strong against pretty much any mob in a given faction at a time. Also has lazer projectiles/pellets, so you know it's working.

AkBronco Prime. Despite the fact that some people say it sucks, I find it incredibly satisfying to use, as it both sounds and feels like a hand cannon. Lack of visible projectiles is kinda annoying, but ignorable.

Supra. Like the Detron, firing it feels very satisfying. Although it takes 6~ Formas to actually shine, and consumes ammo much faster than you'd like, it's fun watching enemies get torn apart by a pretty laser light show.

2. AkLex. Dam, this gun is terrible. I even Formaed it 4 times. In the end, it turned out to be weak and boring to use. Waste of time and Forma.

Ignis. Thought I'd love it. Turns out I utterly hate it. Got it to Rank 14, sold.

Torid. Same as Ignis. Weak, boring, unsatisfying, and sluggish. The only thing this has above the Ignis is that I got it to Rank 24 before selling it.

1. Soma - doesn't really need much explaining. Easy to obtain on top of combat capability.

Dual Ichors - great on its own, amazing when equipped on Valkyr.

Detron - my fav sidearm.

2. Galatine - was OP at first, but has lost effectiveness as mobs have gotten stronger. Haven't used it since mastery 4.

Haven't potatoed any other weapon that I regret doing it to.

1)

- Seer.  Hits hard with lots of big mods, making it great for one shot, one kill against most things.  Lots of fun if you're a good shot.  My go to pistol when I want to contribute in a group while leeching xp for my primary.

- Miter.  Bouncing sawblades!  Being heavy on the slash and charge based, it really needs the points (and you really need to choose your elemental mods with care).  But with them, it is fun, because bouncing/penetrating sawblades!  That said, I do feel the weapon is a little bit underpowered even with catalyst and formas, so if it wasn't for being in love with the thing, it'd probably be the answer for #2.  But... bouncing saw blades!

- If I were to pick a third weapon off the beaten path, it'd probably be a clan-tech melee weapon.  Probably one of the whips or the bio-lab sword.  Haven't slapped a catalyst in one yet, but I've been tempted to.  Melee 2.0 is coming though and who knows how that will change things?

2)  Regrets huh?

Can't say I really regret any of the weapons I've catalysted.  I've got a decent stockpile of unused catalysts still, and I generally only use one if its a weapon I know I'm going to keep.  Detron probably comes closest.  Just prefer my Seer.

Edited by Axterix13

Good potato:

- Marelok - Holy carp this thing hits like a truck.

- Orthos - Good, solid melee weapon if you're not into the slow Galatine.

- Soma - When I want to get a mission done and get it done fast, I bring Soma. I don't care about having fun when I need to blaze through an invasion as fast as possible to get the reward before it closes.

Bad potato:

- Reaper Prime - Not a very good melee weapon, lot of others that easily outshine it.

- Scindo - Why did I even potato this. Slow, standard damage.

- Gram - This was okay, until Orthos came out.

- Lex - Slow, doesn't have the firepower to make up for it, massive recoil.

- Tigris - Weak. Fun for the first 2 minutes until you realize everything dies in between your reloads.

Weapons that deserve a spud:

- Karak - I really do love this rifle. Good damage, good fire rate, great accuracy with little spread. With Shred, a good elemental combo equipped (getting even better since we're getting more +element cards) and Fast Hands to make reloads even faster, it absolutly rocks.

- Latron (and Prime) - I usally prefer marksman weapons in most shooters I play, and the Latron immediatly got my attention. It was the first weapon I ever built (aside from the Cronus of course) and I used it for a long while, only replacing it once I got my Strun Wraith. Even after I got my Latron Prime, I still couldn't bring myself to sell my original one.

- Ignis - BY FIRE BE PURGED!! I only use it against Infested, but its still fun.

I can't say that I regret potatoing anying, since I don't potato weapons that I'm not 100% sure I'll keep, which explains the 8+ catalysts I've got sitting around. I guess the only one I truly regret is the Vasto, not because I hate the weapon (according to my profile its still my most used gun to date), but only because the dual version outclasses it in nearly every way. If we didn't have that disparity, then I wouldn't regret it.

1. - Gram - At first it wasn't doing the damage I wanted and it felt like waste, then I realized that the charge attacks used impact instead of slash. Now the potato was more than I could ask for

- Dera - I'm a huge assault rifle fan but the only good one at the time was braton, then I joined a clan and found this beauty. Even from it's crap stage, I never regretted potatoing it.

- Vasto - I'll admit the akvastos are better but the first time this came out. I fell in love with the weapon and it will always have a place in my heart as my first secondary weapon I got.

2. - Ogris - This weapon is so OP it doesn't need a potato, and I get bored of rocket launchers anyway

- Torid - Same as ogris but not quite as OP

- Lecta - The hit box makes it really hard to be a good weapon, I might come back to it in the future though. It's still in my inventory.

I've potatoed lots of guns, and very few melee weapons.  Some weapons just don't come alive at all without one(Soma, Grakata come mind immediately).  Some weapons just don't seem to improve no matter what mods you are able to throw at them(sure, they get better, but they still suck).

Good:

Sobek--this thing only comes alive with fire rate mods and a pile of elementals.  Once it's amped, though, It's a hot little shotgun

Karak--very solid gun, small clip be danged.  Just doesn't tear it up until It's got enough juice per shot, though.

Gorgon--I gave up and potatoed this just to get it levelled, but when I did it came alive.  Didn't see it coming, to be honest.  Love the Gorgon Wraith for this reason.

Bad:

Hind--The Hind leaves you pew..pew..pew..pew..pewing no matter what you put on it.  Yeah, it might kill the target, but it feels like a narrow, slow action flamethrower with a low temp flame.

Vulkar--vastly improved with the extra mod points, but ultimately still a low kill potential gun that's hard to enjoy.

Supra--no amount of potato makes it anything but a travel time, puncture oriented, possibly even less accurate Gorgon.  If it wasn't clan tech I'd sell it.

Worth: Dread , Castanas, Marelok , all very enjoyable to level up and pretty good 

Regret: Ballistica, it just doesn't cut it , Vanilla Paris when i was newb , then probably Dual Zorens since the Ichor are just better and I keep the Zorens just to rush trough 

Worth it:

Braton(and prime) Still listed as my most used weapon. I just wish I could have gotten the vandal.

Grakata really fun run and gun game play too bad its the only SMG

Tigris my favourate shotgun

Regret:

I'm careful about what I potato so I don't have any

Ones I wont because they don't need it:

Orgris

Penta

Torid

Stug

Castanas