Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaz's Fanart Thread (4-16 Corpus Bat'leth)

Syncrasis

Excellent work! Btw, saw the model on sketchfab! Awesome website. Awesome model.

Oh! Glad you liked him! Yeah Sketchfab is bloody wonderful, it's so cool being able to post your models for people to see in three-deeeee

tumblr_n45qsozfrP1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n45qsozfrP1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

He looks so discontent. I'm going to have to play around with expressions I think, the whole Neutral Pose thing just isn't cutting it!

Also:

tumblr_n3vpti1hHm1r28itgo1_1280.jpg

Screenshot for research purposes. Heh. 

Heh.

Edited by Syncrasis

^ refreshing to see a Maya PS workflow in the ZBrush 3DS era.

I got so lazy since Sculptris, but i have to retopo it, you do it proper.

Man, I've been putting off doing the high poly + retopo workflow for like, ever. I think I'm going to start at least sketching in Zbrush or Sculptris or Mudbox or something soon though. PS/Maya is a lot easier for me because I like hand-painting my textures, I feel like I'm more in control that way.

I had a test rig all set up but then I decided to add teeth and an inner mouth, so I redid my rigging. I am not sure Alad approves.

tumblr_n4gomkqG9R1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

Or maybe he does...?

tumblr_n4gomkqG9R1qdt0m6o1_r1_1280.jpg

Or....... uh.

tumblr_n4gomkqG9R1qdt0m6o3_r1_1280.jpg

Crap.

tumblr_n4gomkqG9R1qdt0m6o4_r1_1280.jpg

...It wasn't me...

Edited by Syncrasis

tumblr_n4u3kqqVr41qdt0m6o2_r2_500.jpg

Ungrateful... You'll never know what I could have done for you.

He's almost done. I have a bit more texture tweaking and I didn't make the sliding pieces on his collar yet, but that's not much compared to what's done. I am looking forward to posing him in very exciting ways and making him dance with Darvo.

Edited by Syncrasis

and when they do dance togheter, we group glomp them! :D

Ok I should probably learn that there's no way I'm going to stop you two but... Please don't group glomp them! If you do group glomp however please don't explode.

Ok I should probably learn that there's no way I'm going to stop you two but... Please don't group glomp them! If you do group glomp however please don't explode.

they are going to do this and there is nothing, you can do to stop it

Uh i was wondering, does the program only let you make movie clips and pictures or can it actually be played, like garry's mod or something?

Maya is a full modeling/rendering/animation suite for creating assets and finished videos. I import my models into a virtual world called Second Life after I'm done or near done with them, when I am fooling around with animations, because I am not an animator. I can walk around as the characters there (and make them do my bidding)

tumblr_n4xow0LDw41qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

Darvo, you better step off or you gonna get smacked

tumblr_n4xow0LDw41qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

Uh oh. Business visor.

Aaaand as promised:

http://youtu.be/QUTvZ8WyXM8

heh.

Oh, by the way, the setting for these images and video is inside a sci fi environment I am working on with just one texture complete so far lol

Edited by Syncrasis

Okay Alad is ALMOST finished, I just need to make the sliding parts on his collar but I decided to take some beauty shots of the model anyway. 

tumblr_n56s4zdhMc1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n56s4zdhMc1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

I love u, Alad V. 

kisskiss

You're trying to kill us aren't you? Let's hope maintenance activates before They come.

Okay Alad is ALMOST finished, I just need to make the sliding parts on his collar but I decided to take some beauty shots of the model anyway. 

tumblr_n56s4zdhMc1qdt0m6o2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n56s4zdhMc1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

I love u, Alad V. 

kisskiss

To much cute!

Quite an improvement there with the model :3

Now, make a chibi Zanuka!