Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Searching For Nyx Build

Grimfrost

Question

12 answers to this question

Thnx m8

you can remove flow and add constitution instead.

my nyx is set up with

Energy Siphon, mind control, chaos, absorb, constitution, continuity, streamline, overextend, redirection and vitality. all of those are maxed.

also using vespa helm.

with that set-up, you have 740 shield and 740 health, chaos and mind control last 40secs, and absorb last about 20secs. 

you can remove flow and add constitution instead.

my nyx is set up with

Energy Siphon, mind control, chaos, absorb, constitution, continuity, streamline, overextend, redirection and vitality. all of those are maxed.

also using vespa helm.

with that set-up, you have 740 shield and 740 health, chaos and mind control last 40secs, and absorb last about 20secs. 

sweet, then i have somethings to consider, awesome :)

I like the use of Fleeting Expertise at Rank 5 instead of Streamline to bring duration down a bit, and reduce energy costs, thus increasing energy efficiency.

Chaos lasting too long is problematic, because one chaos'd guy off in the corner can prevent you from recasting for quite a while.

Also, Absorb ends up lasting too long and you don't explode till after your teammates have killed everything.

I'd keep duration at ~-30%, using one of the 2 duration mods that don't wreck range.

Edited by Darzk

With a maxed energy siphon and a maxed streamline with vespa helm, there's no problem with energy and energy efficiency.

Yes, that's quite troublesome, but with maxed redirection and maxed vitality, you can take some few hits, I'm sure you wouldn't go cast your chaos and leave your character alone.

Well, if you're with team mates, I'm sure you won't have issues with them killing everything. Also, you'll deal more damage with a prolonged absorb. works great on solo, it also works great with team mate since once you use absorb, your threat level rises, thus enemies will focus on you and ignore everything else. 

With a maxed energy siphon and a maxed streamline with vespa helm, there's no problem with energy and energy efficiency.

Yes, that's quite troublesome, but with maxed redirection and maxed vitality, you can take some few hits, I'm sure you wouldn't go cast your chaos and leave your character alone.

Its still 45% efficiency vs 75%, basically with FE skills cost half as much energy, and Chaos is useable more often, and Absorb can simply be recast if you didn't kill stuff.

Recasting Chaos is about protecting the pod, more than surviving myself. I could just stay in Absorb forever if I just wanted to survive >.>. I might use one shield/hp mod, but definitely don't need both.

I would go http://goo.gl/IN3DGx, the last 2 slots to be used for whatever you want. I like Constitution, Natural Talent, Vigor and/or Equilibrium.

Edit: Absorb Duration

Well, if you're with team mates, I'm sure you won't have issues with them killing everything. Also, you'll deal more damage with a prolonged absorb. works great on solo, it also works great with team mate since once you use absorb, your threat level rises, thus enemies will focus on you and ignore everything else. 

Depends on the teammates. If I can get all 3 to turn and shoot at me instead of enemies, I'm gonna be doing WAAAY overkill with +duration. If I'm in a pug, I might get one to shoot at me (<3 and thx) but the other 2 are gonna keep killing, gotta get that explosion off as soon as possible.

Edited by Darzk

this costs 1 forma

nyx.jpg

this is my build to solo defense missions with it lol

I use virtually the same build, but without flow. Instead I use a low rank equilibrium or sprint mod, and only a rank 2 streamline(efficiency cap is 75%). Why? Because with this build you can cast 9 absorbs straight using her base energy capacity. This is plenty of time to get out of a sticky situation.

I would suggest Flow to someone who does not have Fleeting. 

Its still 45% efficiency vs 75%, basically with FE skills cost half as much energy, and Chaos is useable more often, and Absorb can simply be recast if you didn't kill stuff.

Recasting Chaos is about protecting the pod, more than surviving myself. I could just stay in Absorb forever if I just wanted to survive >.>. I might use one shield/hp mod, but definitely don't need both.

I would go http://goo.gl/IN3DGx, the last 2 slots to be used for whatever you want. I like Constitution, Natural Talent, Vigor and/or Equilibrium.

Edit: Absorb Duration

Depends on the teammates. If I can get all 3 to turn and shoot at me instead of enemies, I'm gonna be doing WAAAY overkill with +duration. If I'm in a pug, I might get one to shoot at me (<3 and thx) but the other 2 are gonna keep killing, gotta get that explosion off as soon as possible.

you know we can argue all day/night about these, but it all boils down to the difference on how you and I play Nyx, I like my Nyx that way, and you like yours that way.

Also, I believe we are here to help another player with Nyx. I have not said that my build is better, and I have also not said yours suck.

Yours has it's own merit as do mine.