The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Seemingly Broken Drops Here

Sh1n3y

If you've read the wiki for drop tables, you may have noticed that there's supposed to be an equal drop rate for each piece in each respective mission type. I can't believe this. I've been running lots of (20 or so) T2 Capture for my last Orthos Prime Blade and have gotten lots of Ember Prime Chassis and Glaive Disc's. Maybe it's not supposed to be equal drop rates... and if not, it shouldn't be advertised so. 

Anyhow, I'm going to start a list of drops that seem to 'broken' or at least extremely unlikely. If this list does nothing else, at least it will help people know how rare an item drop is. As I only have extensive experience with one, let me know if there are others, and I'll add them to the list. 

List of Broken Drops:

- T2 Capture - Orthos P. Blade

RNG will be RNG. There is, statistically, a chance that you'll never get that part. Ever.

There is also a chance that every T2 capture you run from this point on will only give you the Orthos Prime Blade and nothing else.

I've played over 10 keys and keep getting the same drop(paris prime string) for T2 capture. Yesterday, I played T2 cap just to see what would happen and got a T3 cap key as a reward. T3 cap keys are also broken in update 12 since all I seem to get is T3 cap keys as a reward. I think drop tables are worst than ever since before update 12 the rewards used to be random and not repeated as they are now.

RNG will be RNG. There is, statistically, a chance that you'll never get that part. Ever.

There is also a chance that every T2 capture you run from this point on will only give you the Orthos Prime Blade and nothing else.

Go flip a coin ten times and tell me if it does heads 5 times and tails 5 times.

Of course no one expects to get their stuff exactly when stats say they should, but I think you'll find MANY people struggling to find the exact same items and getting MANY of the exact same items instead. When you compile everyone, there may be trends. 

For instance, I've been scouring the trading post here and trading in game, almost no one is selling Orthos Prime Blades, and many people are looking for them without success. This tells me something. 

Not very Random then is it...

If a "Random Number Generator" keeps throwing out the same number I'd say its pretty broken.

It is all a game of chance, there is always a chance of a situation like that occurring but there is also a chance you will just get one and there is a chance you will never get it or there is like chance to get 3 in a row etc.

It isn't broken the RNG mechanic just needs tweaking of some sort.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links as I do not see a rules sticky but a friend of mine wrote this and it should explain everything.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=286901

I wrote one for people who don't understand math.

This game might use a different algorithm but everything there still follows the basics.

Edited by Blutfatal

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links as I do not see a rules sticky but a friend of mine wrote this and it should explain everything.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=286901

I wrote one for people who don't understand math.

This game might use a different algorithm but everything there still follows the basics.

*brain fried*

In regards to RNG, i have a strong feeling that the drop tables are not "even"  There are definitly some iems that are more common than others, All RNG does is adds some randomizations to the common drops, and makes sure you almost never get the "rare" items like Orthos blades.

Random Number generators like blutfatal's friend said are not as random as programmers want them to be. thy know that. Hell, they encrypted the drop tables..

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

*brain fried*

In regards to RNG, i have a strong feeling that the drop tables are not "even"  There are definitly some iems that are more common than others, All RNG does is adds some randomizations to the common drops, and makes sure you almost never get the "rare" items like Orthos blades.

Random Number generators like blutfatal's friend said are not as random as programmers want them to be. thy know that. Hell, they encrypted the drop tables..

This is why we call it pseudo-random, and the terminology we have on GBX instead of random is random we use pseudo-random is pseudo-random