Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Range Mod

(PSN)edwinp426

Hi Tenno,

I've been thinking about some of the weapons in warframe and their range. I believe a range mod for rifles will be a great addition to the mod table. Often times I see pe walking around looking for enemies at the other end of the map and I think it will be a great to have a mod like this. We can call death's reach or something. I'd love to know your opinion so leave your comments below.

Do you mean zoom in/scope mods or mods that actually increase the range of weapons like the Ignis, Flux Rifle, bolt/arrow trajectory, etc? Because if you mean the former than that would be the Eagle/Hawk eye mods. If you mean the latter, then sure, why not? (So long as it's not excessive since range is a balancing element of those weapons).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I figured since the ignis,penta, ogris already have a range mod (firestorm). Why not implement one for rifles?

that's not quite a range mod however, that's a size mod. meaning your 10m distance range doesn't increase, but the AOE size of the attack (be it explosions or fire) is widened to the sides.

it'd be useless for sniper rifles, it'd be like making the bullet fatter.

I changed my mind about the range mod making the Synapse too powerful.  It needs every slot and 6 formas to do what it does best.  Taking out any one mod to add range would drastically reduce the damage output so yeah, go ahead add range if it makes it more fun to use or adds to the utility for you. It wouldn't make it overpowered.  But no way I'd make that sacrifice.