Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - How To Fear The Stalker Again

nekrojiji

The Stalker is meant to be the sleepless watcher that punishes us when we step out of bounds. He's supposed to be feared by all of us.... not farmed for his items.

In light of the upcoming "melee 6.0", as the devs called it, here's what my thoughts are:

When one of the tenno in the squad is marked and the Stalker has chosen him for punishment it will go like this:

Step 1: One of the unmarked tenno will see the flickering lights and the Stalker telling him how he's going to be his instrument of punishment.

Step 2: The unmarked tenno chosen first by the Stalker will be transported into a mastery test like arena. The tenno that has been transported is replaced with a defense mission target with 4x tenno's HP and 2x Shields and the Lotus will inform the rest of the team that something is wrong with him and needs protection. 

In the test arena the tenno will kneel before the Stalker in preparation for a duel. Both duelists will have only a Skana and no powers.

After the melee 2.0 duel with the stalker two scenarios are posible :

Step 3a: If the tenno wins the duel with the Stalker he will be transported back, replace the defense target, the lotus will say something about his mental abilities and at the end of the mission all the squad will receive a Dread blueprint.... oh sorry Stalker's weapons.

Step 3b: If the tenno is defeated in the duel, lights will start flickering for the rest of the squad, he will be transported back, replace the defense target and the Lotus will tell the rest of the squad that she can't communicate with him. 

In this time the defeated player's vision will have a dark red filter, will continuously receive messages from the Stalker, and will lose control of his warframe. The other players will see an effect similar to Nyx's chaos on the defeated player's warframe looking like the Stalker and will be able to attack.

At this time the rest of the squad will receive messages from the Stalker. 

The controlled player will only be able to see what's happening while AI will drive the frame. While the Stalker controlls the frame he will be able to use his normal skills plus a random one (including the 4th) from the controlled frame. The controlled frame will have it's equipment replaced with Stalker's items for the duration.

If the marked target is killed, the control effect will fade almost instantly, friendly fire will not be posible once more and all the squad will receive Stalker's items when the mission ends. If the controlled frame is killed he will go into bleedout mode.

Tell me your thoughts....

Edited by nekrojiji

You know I'm really used to the forums but these topics always confuses me they buffed the stalker like everyone wanted, then everyone was crying about how hes to strong so the weaken him not even to how weak he was before, it was at the point where new guys would have one hell of a time trying not to die, but still strong to give vets a challenge. I've even heard that hes scaling to conclave now so hes even stronger

In this time the defeated player's vision will have a dark red filter, will continuously receive messages from the Stalker, and will lose control of his warframe.

You had me until that.

The concept of Stalker taking the Tenno to a 1v1 battlefield is awesome, and making them duel w skana or something is fine too. But none of this taking over your frame/defense target stuff is needed IMO.

A duel w a level appropriate stalker, with pre-set weapons and no powers is terrifying to any frame.

You had me until that.

The concept of Stalker taking the Tenno to a 1v1 battlefield is awesome, and making them duel w skana or something is fine too. But none of this taking over your frame/defense target stuff is needed IMO.

A duel w a level appropriate stalker, with pre-set weapons and no powers is terrifying to any frame.

I agree

Some of you haven't got the idea at all.

It's not about how strong the Stalker is, but instead is about how he does what he does.

The fact that a Stalker event would be more than "Oh! Here he comes again .... Shoot him down ...yey! Dread blueprint"  would be preferable.

The fact that if you lose the mind duel would mean that one tenno will surely die, is more challenging without having to buff or nerf Satlker everytime.

The controll means that Stalker would have Hp, Shield, Armor, Mods for weapons calculated from what the frame, he controls, has.

Edited by nekrojiji

I don't agree with the control part either.

Personally, what I would love to see is a sort of field around the marked player (sort of like a sphere shaped moa shockwave that hits everyone but the target that forms a sort of arena like in the dojo.  Then give the tenno a choice of weapons to duel with.  Pretty much a basic weapon of each type. The weapons chosen will have no mods. Alternatively, the tenno could choose to fight with their current gear but without mods.

Then the tenno must duel the stalker to the "Death" and victory would mean the stalker drops loot and otherwise, the stalker kills the tenno.  At which point, the stalker could allow another challenger or leave.

And of course, rebalance the stalker for such a fight.

Another possibility related to that thought:  Everyone gets trapped in their own field (though this would require the teleportation idea) and must fight the stalker who then clones himself.  (going with the shadow clone idea of modern ninja fiction). Anyone who finishes early could then assist another player.  After all are finished, the stalker could leave, putting the players back, and drop loot based on the percentage of wins (or the stalker could drop loot only for the person that beat him).

Of course, the teleportation based ideas would be a problem for defense/survival missions unless the mission was somehow paused for the duration, which may not be as easy as it sounds.  The below poster also posted a few more issues with teleportation based ideas.

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

Way too many potential bugs happening, like the marked Tenno getting stuck in the arena, host migration for marked Tenno going to and from the arena, what if we lose our stuff permanently...?

Between this and simply tweaking his stats, the latter is much easier and less likely to blow up in the developer's face.

I think it's supposeds to be harder to complete the mission when an event like this happens..... 

Now we don't really feel it because .... we have formated boltor prime or soma and will kill everything in 1 or 2 seconds than we continue with the mission.

People complain that they farm too much and that the game is boring ..... this would spice things up. 

Why do we build weapons that have 30k DPS!? .... just to hold 500 wave defense or 3 hours Survival? That is why we farm!? We farm so we can farm?!

When the frame chosen for duel is in stasis .... the squad has to split roles .... prioritising the mission.

When the event happens in a solo play ... the mission will pause OR the rest of the enemies can be frozen to create the ilusion of stopped time and the duel will happen with the same rules.

I thought of this ...because I can't get my head arownd the fact that ...the Stalker travels from one palce to another isntantly. With mind control .... the actual traveling would not be necessary.

Bugs allready exist and will always exist.

Every time they tweak something in the towers ....wild fog apears ....I'm not even mindign it ... I know DE will fix it.

This is why I make suggestions .... they read them ....if they like it good ... if they don't again... good.

well...Ok!     sorry for suggesting out of the box .... I will stop .... you can all go back in your boxes now and complain that the game is boring and we farm too much.

Edited by nekrojiji

You know I'm really used to the forums but these topics always confuses me they buffed the stalker like everyone wanted, then everyone was crying about how hes to strong so the weaken him not even to how weak he was before, it was at the point where new guys would have one hell of a time trying not to die, but still strong to give vets a challenge. I've even heard that hes scaling to conclave now so hes even stronger

You got it a bit wrong. At first he was weak if you are a vet, if you were new he was trouble. That was about half a year ago.

Then he was buffed to the point where sometimes a full team couldnt kill him. Then he was somewhat ballanced, he had high shields, high damage and high reaction time but was doable. And now he is pathetic again. 

I had him attack me while i was solo and had my fully modded akmagnus (has about 3 formas). I basicly killed him in 4 bullets before he even got up. I have to say as stalker is now hes a joke. 

Buffing him a bit, i said a bit, so that he cant be damaged while he spawns might increase his odds a bit.

Edited by Alinna

You got it a bit wrong. At first he was weak if you are a vet, if you were new he was trouble. That was about half a year ago.

Then he was buffed to the point where sometimes a full team couldnt kill him. Then he was somewhat ballanced, he had high shields, high damage and high reaction time but was doable. And now he is pathetic again. 

I had him attack me while i was solo and had my fully modded akmagnus (has about 3 formas). I basicly killed him in 4 bullets before he even got up. I have to say as stalker is now hes a joke. 

Buffing him a bit, i said a bit, so that he cant be damaged while he spawns might increase his odds a bit.

yes i was there for all of that but wasnt him having paper armor just a bug