Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Solo Survivalist?

SilverEliteHD

Question

Alright so currently I'm more of a solo player in Warframe. I'm gonna keep this simple. What are the best solo frames for survival and why?

Currently my favorite is Loki because of invisibility and radial disarm (Eventually Switch TP). 

But other than Loki I really don't know what to play! And please don't mention trinity because I know that she has blessing but I don't really like playing her often because she has no CC. 

Ember is great against Corpus and Infested. Her Ulti is mobile and deal good damage, she is squishy though, so you will need to be careful.

Nekros has his desecrate if you have a decent gun

Nova can easily nuke enemies if they are close together.

If the area is open with many pits, Zephyr has her Tornadoes which are great there.

Mag's shield polarize is marvelous against cramped Corpus.

It all depends on how you play and against what most of the time.

Guys thanks for the response! I've heard rhino a lot but his iron skin turns into paper skin really fast on higher levels. I heard at about level 30 is when Rhinos Iron Skin degrades but I'm not sure. But I also never used Roar to often. Can anyone put up a good build on Rhino? My current build is for Rhino Stomp and Iron Skin.

Personally I run Zephy (especially against corpus, honestly try her 3 against them. It's god mode) but yeah, Rhino is the more 'one size fits all' frame. 

-1 for lack of originality I guess.

Yeah I love Zephyr! Really like her mobility (In case you haven't guessed, I'm a fan of mobility frames!)

Ember is great against Corpus and Infested. Her Ulti is mobile and deal good damage, she is squishy though, so you will need to be careful.

Nekros has his desecrate if you have a decent gun

Nova can easily nuke enemies if they are close together.

If the area is open with many pits, Zephyr has her Tornadoes which are great there.

Mag's shield polarize is marvelous against cramped Corpus.

It all depends on how you play and against what most of the time.

No opinions on ember (Still leveling)

I feel like Nekros dies to quickly but I haven't really run him that far with solo.

I love Nova but usually she is to exposed so I take damage and eventually die!

Ill try out Nekros and Nova right now.

I did a lot of solo with Oberon with a Shade Sentinel, the Shade is not completely reliable with his stealth skill but it's a nice survivavility bonus in tight situations and as Oberon can heal himself its easy to survive, i usually use my guns mostly and when it gets too crowded i clean the room with reckoning, i also use reckoning right after getting knocked to the ground and to kill enemies with snowglobe.

I would suggest ash too but as you already play a loki i think Oberon is a better choice than ash because he is different to loki, ash is kinda similar.

Edited by Orbister

I did a lot of solo with Oberon with a Shade Sentinel, the Shade is not completely reliable with his stealth skill but it's a nice survivavility bonus in tight situations and as Oberon can heal himself its easy to survive, i usually use my guns mostly and when it gets too crowded i clean the room with reckoning, i also use reckoning right after getting knocked to the ground and to kill enemies with snowglobe.

I used to own Oberon. Although he does have healing, its just not enough on higher levels when it takes 3-4 shots to kill you.

The Survival, Immortal or extremely Durable frames/builds are as follows:

Ash/Loki Survival build /w Invisibility and +duration 

Frost Durable build /w max Narrow Minded and no Stretch, hide in your little bubble

Mag Durable build /w max shields and Shield Polarize spam (not great vs Grineer/Infested)

Rhino Immortal builds /w Rage+Rejuv+Equilibrium

Trinity Immortal build /w max +duration

Valkyr Immortal build /w +armor/hp, Rage + hysteria

Zephyr Immortal build /w +duration, max +shields, and Guardian on a Sentinel

The Survival, Immortal or extremely Durable frames/builds are as follows:

Ash/Loki Survival build /w Invisibility and +duration 

Frost Durable build /w max Narrow Minded and no Stretch, hide in your little bubble

Mag Durable build /w max shields and Shield Polarize spam (not great vs Grineer/Infested)

Rhino Immortal builds /w Rage+Rejuv+Equilibrium

Trinity Immortal build /w max +duration

Valkyr Immortal build /w +armor/hp, Rage + hysteria

Zephyr Immortal build /w +duration, max +shields, and Guardian on a Sentinel

Not bad...

I'll give a few of them a try!

Personally I run Zephy (especially against corpus, honestly try her 3 against them. It's god mode) but yeah, Rhino is the more 'one size fits all' frame. 

-1 for lack of originality I guess.

If you got a good weapon and like to knockdown enemies > Banshee 

If you like using a slow, way too tanky (In my opinion) Frame > Rhino

Vauban got an amazing skill set, but he's slow :( 

Zephyr is amazing, no need to explain why I guess.

Nova if you're a fan of nukes.

Maybe Nyx? 

Guys thanks for the response! I've heard rhino a lot but his iron skin turns into paper skin really fast on higher levels. I heard at about level 30 is when Rhinos Iron Skin degrades but I'm not sure. But I also never used Roar to often. Can anyone put up a good build on Rhino? My current build is for Rhino Stomp and Iron Skin.

Yeah I love Zephyr! Really like her mobility (In case you haven't guessed, I'm a fan of mobility frames!)

No opinions on ember (Still leveling)

I feel like Nekros dies to quickly but I haven't really run him that far with solo.

I love Nova but usually she is to exposed so I take damage and eventually die!

Ill try out Nekros and Nova right now.

Mobility frames need to ... stay mobile or die.

Nuker frames need to ... nuke first, nuke often, kill kill kill or die.

Only tank frames can sit there and take it.  That's Trinity, Rhino, Valkeryie, and a well played Frost.  Trinity is the tankiest of them all.

Nova, Ember, Nyx and Mag aren't intended to take a lot of damage.  These are great frames, but you need to use their abilities more and stay mobile.

If you are dying as Nova, you aren't using MPrime enough.  The 50% speed debuff makes staying mobile a lot easier.  AMD also makes for a great long range explosion to hit enemies while staying in cover.  And wormhole is fabulous for mobility and tactical positioning.  Same ideas hold for Ember, Nyx, and Mag.  Mag can restore her own shields to 100% at any time.  Use Shield Polarize A LOT MORE.  Nyx has Absorb which is invulnerable.  And Chaos which is so awesome I don't bother with absorb.  Ember has Accelerate for stun and World on Fire.

Nukers gotta nuke.

Also, you need a better gun.  Pretty much any rank 0 warframe with an aura mod and redirection and a highly forma'd soma/synapase/penta can do pretty much any planetary mission.

Loki is good for the reasons you've already noticed, but less so in mobile defense and rescue missions.  I like Loki for speed runs of deception or spy or assassination.  

Did Nyx really not get a mention until the last two posts before mine?

You can fit in Redirection, Vigor and Vitality to give her 800+ shields and health.

Then you stick on Stretch and Streamline, and with Chaos you usually run around just mopping up the biggest threats while the rest shoot each other.

Whenever I do Void Survival I take Nyx.

When I do take damage, just Mind control the next Ancient Healer and you are good to go.

Absorb is a panic button to recharge shields in a pinch, and while you are doing so you can drop health restores if in a really tight spot.

So, not squishy, fast enough, great crowd control, panic safemode button.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Mobility frames need to ... stay mobile or die.

Nuker frames need to ... nuke first, nuke often, kill kill kill or die.

Only tank frames can sit there and take it.  That's Trinity, Rhino, Valkeryie, and a well played Frost.  Trinity is the tankiest of them all.

Nova, Ember, Nyx and Mag aren't intended to take a lot of damage.  These are great frames, but you need to use their abilities more and stay mobile.

If you are dying as Nova, you aren't using MPrime enough.  The 50% speed debuff makes staying mobile a lot easier.  AMD also makes for a great long range explosion to hit enemies while staying in cover.  And wormhole is fabulous for mobility and tactical positioning.  Same ideas hold for Ember, Nyx, and Mag.  Mag can restore her own shields to 100% at any time.  Use Shield Polarize A LOT MORE.  Nyx has Absorb which is invulnerable.  And Chaos which is so awesome I don't bother with absorb.  Ember has Accelerate for stun and World on Fire.

Nukers gotta nuke.

Also, you need a better gun.  Pretty much any rank 0 warframe with an aura mod and redirection and a highly forma'd soma/synapase/penta can do pretty much any planetary mission.

Loki is good for the reasons you've already noticed, but less so in mobile defense and rescue missions.  I like Loki for speed runs of deception or spy or assassination.  

Yeah I like running nyx aswell!

I think a 4 formad synapse is good enough! But I will be working on that. 

I'm late to the party but so far, my best bets are on Loki and Rhino. Not the most original choices, but they're the most "balanced" in terms of survivability w/o going all god-mode like Trinity does. I would assume that you're familiar with how Loki works so I won't go into that. Hope this helps.

Here's my CC Rhino Juggernaut build.

http://goo.gl/qZuNC8

Around level 30+ is where Iron Skin starts to be less useful and when Stomp spam comes in.

Rage, to get some extra energy early on or when in a pinch. Much like an "OSHI-!!!" button. Vitality to boost Rage and Rejuvenation for HP restoration. Now, my Rhino isn't the typical fast sprinting kind so it might not suit your playstyle.

Where he is slow in sprint speed, he's extremely quick with his reflexes/reactions thanks to Natural Talent.

Handspring is a personal preference too since Rhino moves slow and if pesky Shield Lancers, Shockwave Moas, Ancient Dsrupter or Toxic Ancients manage to catch up to me, Handspring allows me to recover from knockdown very quickly.

As someone who had recommended Handspring to me once said, "one of the only times you ever get killed is when you're knocked down" and that is very true. Especially when fighting against really high leveled enemies who can obliterate your Iron Skin in seconds or especially when you're down and finish you off quick. For me, Natural Talent and Handspring work extremely well together.

But if that's not to your liking, you can always switch them out for things like Flow or Blind Rage.

But in all honesty, with +75% efficiency you'll hardly ever run out of energy before picking up some extra orbs so Flow isn't necessary.

+efficiency > bigger energy pool

Edited by AxialBlue

Short answer is any frame can solo survival easy as long as you know how to use the frame and bring a badass weapon like penta.   Seriously, my penta kills things so fast and easy, I don't usually have to worry about what frame I'm using.

However, I do have my favorite frames I solo survival with....

First, trinity doesn't need CC for survival....Link + blessing replaces the need for CC because you can't be knocked down or killed, so all you have to worry about it killing...no hiding needed :)

Rhino is an easy mention because there is nothing in the game that rhino isn't good for, solo or team.

Nova, of course just m.prime everything and clear rooms.  Her only issue is making sure you don't get caught in a knockdown crossfire.  

Mag Prime is great because of Pull being able to perma-KD enemies and if you get in trouble can restore 100% of her shields....so a max shield build on her takes her a long way solo survival....just watch out for the bleeds.

Nekros is good because in T3 survival the hardest part is having enough oxygen.  With desecrate, you'll never run out of oxygen, ammo or orbs.  However, at some point you'll need to do a bit of hiding and use terrify when heavy mods stack up on you and attack.   Sotd becomes useless after 30 minutes, the shadows die too quick.

A good Oberon build is fairly easy to solo with too.   I often just lay down lots of buffed hallowed ground's and let my weapon do the rest.   Renewal helps to stay alive, but again like nova and just about any frame, getting knocked down can ruin things for oberon.   Hate getting caught with the die then ressurrect pickle (at least until renewal wears off lol).

Finally, I like using frost.   Snow Globe despite being nerfed still helps for a good while and avalanche is a good CC.  Freeze is lackluster to me but probably could help freeze a single heavy if it poses a problem.   Ice Wave is very good at taking out trash mobs and slowing down heavy units a bit....but frost having high armor and shields allow him to take a bit more punishment than most frames.   From my experience only rhino and saryn seem to tank damage easier, meaning when your powers are down and your taking direct shield or health damage.

But yeah, survival really isn't about CC, it's about killing as fast as possible.  Any frame or good weapon that can do that will pretty much be easy to solo even T3 survival past 40 minutes.

Trinity's CC lies within link + blessing, all of the procs that would have gone to you, get shot back at the attackers, against infested, they are thrashing themselves around,against Corpus, they rapidly kill themselves with the damage reflection from link, against grineer? they are all bleeding cause the proc themselves every 2 seconds instead of you.