Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats The Best Quotes Of All Times ?!

rouch3200

“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.” 

― Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space

Spoilered for wall of text. From one of the final codec conversations in Metal Gear Solid 2.

We've always kept records of our lives. Through words, pictures, symbols...from tablets to books...
But not all the information was inherited by later generations. A small percentage of the whole was selected and processed, then passed on. Not unlike genes, really. But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible.
Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander...
All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state growing at an alarming rate.
It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution.
--
The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards development of convenient half-truths. Just look at the strange juxtapositions of morality around you.
--
Everyone grows up being told the same thing.
"Be nice to other people.
But beat out the competition!"
"You're special."
"Believe in yourself and you will succeed."
But it's obvious from the start only a few can succeed...
You exercise your right to "freedom" and this is the result. All rhetoric to avoid conflict and protect each other from hurt. The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems.
Everyone withdraws into their own small fated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever "truth" suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large.
The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right.
Not even natural selection can take place here. The world is being engulfed in "truth."
And this is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but a whimper.
--
Ironic that although "self" is something you yourself fashioned, every time something goes wrong, you turn around and place the blame on something else.
"It's not my fault."
"It's not your fault."
In denial, you simply resort to looking for another, more convenient "truth" in order to make yourself fell better.
Leaving behind in an instant the so-called "truth" that you once embraced.
Should someone like that be able to decide what is "truth"?
Should someone like you even have the right to decide?

"Because war, war never changes"-Fallout narrator who's name I cannot remember.

Ron Perlman, and you should feel bad for not even having the gumption to look it up.

There are many quotes I like, but I have to admit, this bit comes from my circle of friends as we were playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

"There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Nick Fury way."

"What's the Nick Fury way?"

"Oh, it's the wrong way, but twice as fast and with more explosions."

Some days I think I play Warframe that way :D

"A million years of human evolution, two hundred thousand years as homo-sapiens, Fifty thousand years of societal development, twelve thousand years of agriculture, eight thousand years of history, and the single greatest achievement of our species is still the discovery of fire."

"Get busy livin, or get busy dyin!" -Coach, L4D2, 25 2 Life add on campaign.

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.  Five hundred years ago everybody knew that the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago you knew that people were alone on this planet.  Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow...."  -K, Men in Black

"I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal." Rustin Cohle - True Detective