Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why, De, Why!? (Sicarus Nerf)

Nephero

Why are the two pistols as the poster children of Warframe the WORST weapons? Not only that. The Lato I can understand wasn't all that to begin with, and looks ugly too mind you ( just my opinion) but the Sicarus too? It use to be so good, and sounded a heck of a lot better too with its high pitch screech sound. Now?... Womp womp womp. Hardly no punch, horrible accuracy, useless clip size. And before you say 'get the sicarus prime' I hate the color gold (too pretentious). Anyway, the nerf to the Lato pales to how the Sicarus got nerfed. Why DE... for shame.

Edited by Nephero

Not following the OP comment but I have been playing since the beginnings of beta when the skill trees looked like your basic elementary road map durring the time when the Sicarus performed a whole lot better than it does now and no it was not Over Powered. And no I'm not referring to the Sicarus Prime version, in fact I stated clearly why I was not referring to it. NOW, back to the topic: Why was the Sicarus nerfed in both its function and aesthetic (took away its cool sound effect if anyone remembers it.)

Sicarus Prime is actually one of my favorite secondaries.  Put the mod on that reduces recoil (Steady Hands?) and it's really quite impressive.

Really? I absolutely hate high-recoil weapons and Sicarus Prime is plenty accurate for sniping from across the room even without a reduction mod. I barely notice any recoil even when headshotting.

The Sicarus is more of a skill weapon on the lower tier. On shorter ranges the burst damage is quite significant , and on longer ranges you can still hit pretty decent if you adjust your aim downwards to compensate for the recoil. The accuracy of the gun is quite good, surprisingly, the 3 shots pretty much land exactly where they should, there is little to no horizontal spread. You can triple headshot with this thing on moderate range, but this is again a skill weapon.

Yes, sure, there is the Magnus which is outright better. But Sicarus only costs credits.

And I was thinking correctly that Nephero was referring to the old days of it.

Why are the two pistols as the poster children of Warframe the WORST weapons? Not only that. The Lato I can understand wasn't all that to begin with, and looks ugly too mind you ( just my opinion) but the Sicarus too? It use to be so good, and sounded a heck of a lot better too with its high pitch screech sound. Now?... Womp womp womp. Hardly no punch, horrible accuracy, useless clip size. And before you say 'get the sicarus prime' I hate the color gold (too pretentious). Anyway, the nerf to the Lato pales to how the Sicarus got nerfed. Why DE... for shame.

next step is nerfing ember and gorgon wraith, seriously what the hell

next step is nerfing ember and gorgon wraith, seriously what the hell

If we follow some people's twisted logic, they should nerf Loki/Excal/Mag to the ground, because they're starting frames and starter stuff should be terrible to make you "feel the progression" when you get something else.

Edited by Shackram