Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deconstructor (Helios) Feedback

ScorpDK

So I've been playing for a few hours, and I think I got enough input on the sentinel weapon to put down some pointers of things that need to be looked at.

1. Accuracy

The weapon has a 100% accuracy rating but easily fails to hit any enemy smaller than a Grineer Lancer by firing over their heads/shoulders every now and then, even if both the warframe and the enemy are standing completely still (enemies that were knocked down are also completely safe from the Sentinel). This gets worse if the enemy is moving, as at that range you would assume it to be impossible to miss, but the sentinel fails to predict movement entirely. 

Bouncing is interesting, as it SOMETIMES bounces between (distant) enemies as if it was homing in on them, other times it just goes into completely wild directions, as any Glaive-style weapon tends to do.

2. Firing Speed

Probably one of the biggest issues with the weapon is the incredibly slow firing speed. Fury and Charge Speed only affect the rate at which the individual pieces are launched once the sentinel engages, but do not lower the 3-second cooldown between "attacks sets". Which means that if the target dies on the 1st hit or (sometimes) the fired piece doesn't connect with any living object, it immediately stops attacking and goes into the lengthy 3-second cooldown, despite having 2 more pieces just sitting there, and a bunch of enemies in melee range.

Sometimes it even fails to fire entirely (this was noticeable with the sentinel casting effects enabled before the hotfix, it would trigger the effect but not fire a single piece)

3. Damage 

Another glaring issue is the current (apparently bugged) damage of the weapon. It deals 50 Impact damage, which is NOT affected by either Melee Damage nor Charge Damage mods; only by Impact bonus damage mods. This seems quite broken, as anything past Mercury will just shrug off a puny 50 (or 150, if the 3 pieces actually get launched for once) damage every 3 seconds.

Besides that, the only suggestion I have would be to properly document what mods affect a weapon, maybe even remove mods that have no effect on a weapon from its mod loadout options

Edited by ScorpDK

The Helios seems to have a cooldown of about 5 seconds before it actually fires at a new target with any other sentinel weapon, not just the Deconstructor. I tested it with Carrier and Djinn both using the Stinger, and of course the Helios still pauses to fire at a new target after killing any enemy while using the Stinger. It's cooldown for firing at new targets needs to be removed, because this sentinel is just as useless as the Wyrm.

On a side not, the scanner ability is very bad...it takes way too long to scan.

Edited by JayOutre

The Helios seems to have a cooldown of about 5 seconds before it actually fires at a new target with any other sentinel weapon, not just the Decontructor. I tested it with Carrier and Djinn both using the Stinger, and of course the Helios still pauses to fire at a new target after killing any enemy while using the Stinger. It's cooldown for firing at new targets needs to be removed, because this sentinel is just as useless as the Wyrm.

Oh wow...I didn't even try to put a different gun on it. If that is the case, then there MUST be a bug somewhere. Because it's not like the Shade, which only returns fire, but this thing deliberately ignores enemies in firing range for extended periods of time because its targeting precept is completely bonkers.

DE, please check the Helios for these bugs before the weekend :/

Oh wow...I didn't even try to put a different gun on it. If that is the case, then there MUST be a bug somewhere. Because it's not like the Shade, which only returns fire, but this thing deliberately ignores enemies in firing range for extended periods of time because its targeting precept is completely bonkers.

DE, please check the Helios for these bugs before the weekend :/

Yep, it is very annoying, especially leveling the thing up. I had to kite countless enemies in circles waiting for the Helios to fire at them 1 at a time. Have a video I can link soon to show the difference between targets with the Djinn and Helios.

thought I may bump this back to relevancy.

Patch Notes said they fixed the basic damage mods, but the UI still doesn't reflect any of it :( (and it still acts derpish when surrounded by enemies, just staring at them silently)