Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Banshee Have A Custom Waist Sash Or Syandana Placement

HAYABU5A

because it actually looked really good, on her particular model

because she deserves it, she hasnt had any fixes or overhaul for a long time now and she is a rather niche unique frame with that elegant organic alien design ,this would be some love for her 

sometimes times the best ideas simply start as an accident

Probably a better candidate for the art direction subforum in feedback.

But, I'd rather them focus on fixing her boat shoes of ugly than fancy waist scarf.

There's not really anything to 'fix'. Its how mynki designed her, I highly doubt it will ever be changed.

There's not really anything to 'fix'. Its how mynki designed her, I highly doubt it will ever be changed.

Well, if its universally regarded as tacky, no matter how pure the artistic intentions, its still tacky.

And if that is never changed, then I too highly doubt anyone will keep playing her.

Once you see them, its very hard to unsee them.

i personally love banshees boat shoes and love banshees design

i love mynki's designs and his vision for warframe, if it was not for him we would be running around in blocky generic robot powerarmor but instead we have this organic style which combines inspiration from all sorts of cultural and historical human references making all the warframes paradoxical in a good way - they are so far from us but yet are so close to us 

if anyone has an understanding of design and artistry they will understand these things but it is also fine if one has no taste for them either such is the nature of personal perceptions 

I like Banshee's design. She's insectoid and alien, yet elegant and graceful. Elven and mystic with a touch of Xenomorph to let the player know that she is indeed a huntress. My kind of character.

Well, if its universally regarded as tacky, no matter how pure the artistic intentions, its still tacky.

And if that is never changed, then I too highly doubt anyone will keep playing her.

So people are going to stop playing a character just because her shoes look silly.

Right.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

wat

So people are going to stop playing a character just because her shoes look silly.

Right.

I had originally thought to suggest that her current balance is probably the larger deterrent. It was off topic at that point and borderline a straw man for my own grievances with the design. Regardless, In a game that oozes cosmetic choices, having silly feet seems like an odd idea.  Especially given the nature of this game to be heavily influenced by the bio mechanical designs from Evangelion, Guyver, biomega, etc. (which I do recommend giving Biomega a browse, also Blame! if you are into dystopian techy futures) Not saying that Mynki isn't creative, but its hardly an original design type.

As far as cultural relevance goes... Given her name is based on a wailing ghost. Not to be confused with a Whaling ghost, which is where I imagine the boat shoes came into play. Simple cultural misunderstanding really.

EDIT: they don't appear very functional, I can find nothing of any cultural relevance aside from wooden shoes that would suggest they make any sort of sense given her relation to name and powerset. 

Edited by Nariala

I'd rather see new Syandanas with different placements in general, and not just for Banshee

I think the biggest problem facing this idea is that it would force the devs to revist frames and add more anchor points or a piece of rigging that supported the attachment.

I highly doubt most frames got that treatment early on. It wasn't till Nekros and Valkyr that we saw any potential for this to even occur. 

Probably a better candidate for the art direction subforum in feedback.

But, I'd rather them focus on fixing her boat shoes of ugly than fancy waist scarf.

I rarely see her boat shoes because my Field of View setting cuts 'em off the screen when I'm walking around c:

I think the biggest problem facing this idea is that it would force the devs to revist frames and add more anchor points or a piece of rigging that supported the attachment.

I highly doubt most frames got that treatment early on. It wasn't till Nekros and Valkyr that we saw any potential for this to even occur. 

I'd love to see the Devs revisit old frames and make improvements.

I'd love to see the Devs revisit old frames and make improvements.

I think we all would, I just know how those things end up getting prioritized. 

Add new scarf rigging or, here is a quick item that uses existing rigging that will make money.

That process repeats to infinity.

I had originally thought to suggest that her current balance is probably the larger deterrent. It was off topic at that point and borderline a straw man for my own grievances with the design. Regardless, In a game that oozes cosmetic choices, having silly feet seems like an odd idea. Especially given the nature of this game to be heavily influenced by the bio mechanical designs from Evangelion, Guyver, biomega, etc. (which I do recommend giving Biomega a browse, also Blame! if you are into dystopian techy futures) Not saying that Mynki isn't creative, but its hardly an original design type.

As far as cultural relevance goes... Given her name is based on a wailing ghost. Not to be confused with a Whaling ghost, which is where I imagine the boat shoes came into play. Simple cultural misunderstanding really.

EDIT: they don't appear very functional, I can find nothing of any cultural relevance aside from wooden shoes that would suggest they make any sort of sense given her relation to name and powerset.

Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. And yeah, that ubiquitous late 80s/early 90s sleek and dark cyber aesthetic is a big part of what draws me to the game. Heck, Nekros in particular looks a lot like an Eva. It contrasts well with the Grineer, who have that whole ramshackle junk punk thing going on.

As for her shoes, I do agree that they look goofy. It's mostly because they barely have a flat sole. Though I thought they were supposed to resemble skin boots or something

http://www.absoluteanime.com/record_of_lodoss_war/deedlit-.jpg

EDIT: Eugh, just noticed the awful quality of that image since I'm on a phone. Still gets the point across.

Or the 'stirrups' are possibly meant to evoke an insect's feet, like a grasshopper or a cricket. Which would make sense given her sound-based theme.

Shoes are hard to fit into the rest of the character's design since they are extremities that are almost always obscured, unlike hands. I'm trying to think of what would work better while fitting the huntress theme. Standard boots are difficult to imagine given her overall slender design.

Edited by Noble_Cactus