The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Worst Sentinel?

Aaryl

what if the Devs released it in its currently awful state only to improve it later, thus making everyone happy on purpose? I mean... if they put it out as the best sentinel ever made right away, you'd have jelly nerfherders doing their usual crying and shouting powercreep...

hmm. my tinfoil hat is ready... lol.

We all knew it wasn't gonna be the best when the said it would scan enemies. Anyone with half a brain or a full codex realized how quickly it would have fallen off of most players *favorite* list...

Too bad it was broken from release.

Do you really need sentinel shooting stuff for you? really, with that peashooter? I dont even notice if he does or not, even Sweeper and Deathmachine do crappy damage unless you potatoe/forma 

Well - All I need is awesome looking Carrier floating around me and gathering stuff for me. (Also, I never equiped Strike in my Carrier also. I just need vacuum :) )I never used sentinel weapons until problem introduced and I cannot level my sentinel without itself killing. (Lcuklily, I managed to max everything before that happened.) BUT now, problem STILL persists, which is around 3~4 months, I think it's since dynamic invasion was released. And Helios - the bane-box releases. Great. I'm gonna blow everything to tons of void keys after leveling this crap.

But one funny thing, I felt as if I got my legs got disabled and I had to move around with the wheelchair when I didn't have Carrier with me. Lol. Funny but sad. I'll have to move around with the wheelchair until I get this crappy bane-box calle Helios gets maxed. It's Level 23 Right now. (CAN'T believe myself that I actually leveled this bad sentinel until 23 Level.)

We all knew it wasn't gonna be the best when the said it would scan enemies. Anyone with half a brain or a full codex realized how quickly it would have fallen off of most players *favorite* list...

Too bad it was broken from release.

Yeah...  I was only 1/2 serious with my post.  I don't have a full codex and I practically stopped scanning altogether after the cicero event once I found out that scanning excessively would lower our "weapon accuracy" stats in our profiles.

I was looking forward to having a sentinel do the scanning for me.

To the devs credit the Helios is one of the coolest looking sentinels they've made so far.  I hope that after some tweaks are made it'll perform as intended because (even though it's not necessary) I'd still like to complete my codex one day.

This is more a solo Sentinal imo from what I've seen.  Good for stealty runs I am guessing, but in a group... lol, try running as loki with him.  Is his investigator disabled while invis?

As far as 'utility' we already have a mod that helps restore our shields, I believe it is guardian.  Not that I don't want a pure utility sentinal, its just something I wanted to point out.

This is more a solo Sentinal imo from what I've seen.  Good for stealty runs I am guessing, but in a group... lol, try running as loki with him.  Is his investigator disabled while invis?

As far as 'utility' we already have a mod that helps restore our shields, I believe it is guardian.  Not that I don't want a pure utility sentinal, its just something I wanted to point out.

Hell, I find this sentinel works better in a group; mainly on defense missions and the occasional survival where you manage to find yourself in a moshpit of enemies. At that point, the Little #@*&$@ has no choice but to scan something moving.

Everyone so far has managed to get the scanner to track enemies through doors, but the most I get is a blink on one guy 5 feet on the opposite side. Maybe I just have bad luck, but if I really wanted to know where enemies were I'd equip enemy radar.

Also, dunno about Loki's Invis, but I just now tested with Ash on saturn and I can confirm he actually scans while you're cloaked.

He was very keen to scan a box THROUGH THE GROUND UNDERNEATH THE PLATFORM I WAS ON AS I WAS SURROUNDED BY GRINEER, I SAW IT TURN BLUE THRU THE FLOOR. ARE YOU SERIOUS. LITERALLY SURROUNDED BY GRINEER, AND HE CHOSE THE BOX. THRU THE FLOOR. UNDERNEATH ME.

I'm done. I don't rightly care if I spent 75 plat on this sentinel, it was spare anyways. I'm selling this crock of S#&$, the credits feel better than the frustration of trying to make this thing work right.

Edited by Capere

-snip-

I'm done. I don't rightly care if I spent 75 plat on this sentinel, it was spare anyways. I'm selling this crock of S#&$, the credits feel better than the frustration of trying to make this thing work right.

(proceeds to sell sentinel...  finds out that tonight's hotfix solves all problems and Helios suddenly becomes the best thing since sliced bread...)

FFFFUUUUUU.png

Djinn no doubt, Helios although pretty much broken does highlight hidden enemies once in awhile. With a good glaive build the weapon is also pretty good, not that you really need to use weapons with your sentinel....affinity drainers.

Wyrm is actually stupid OP

Give him Sweeper and a maxed out (I think it's name is) Crowd Dispersion as it's first mod and it will spam that, knocking around Corpus for it and you too shoot.

Ever since they fixed Wyrm he's been way more useful.

I wish all the sentinels picked up loot for you the way Carrier does, and then each one had some other reasonable function on par with Shade's invisibilty.

Agreed. I think DE dug themselves into a hole with Carrier. In a loot-based game, a Sentinel that helps you get loot is of course going to be the crowd favorite. I'd rather they made it a random mod for any Sentinel, and give Carrier something else fitting with its name. Like sending out hordes of nanites or tiny drones to do... something. Lock up enemies? Buff your frame? Something, I dunno.

We should get a support sentinel which can heal us or restore some of our energy to make up for not having a Trinity, but the sentinel would only work on you. I'm gonna suggest this!

Carrier was almost a healing sentinel named Lifebulb. ~_~

Stop with the Helios flame war! I love that Sentinel.  I don't have any time to scan most things.  He helps me out a bit.  On the subject of his weapon, on mine it's doing 175 damage per little Kestrel knockdown, and with Fury on it, there is no reload time or whatever it is you're complaining about.  I agree, he needs to scan stuff quickly.  It takes forever.  But he's helped me to get some of them that I really haven't cared to before.  So what if the weapon doesn't own level 35 enemies?  It's an interesting mechanic.  I think after Melee 2.0, it'll be an incredible game mechanic.  I mean the Sentinel shoots it's bodyparts at enemies and then calls them back to rebuild himself.

Don't flame things if you don't know how to use them.

Stop with the Helios flame war! I love that Sentinel.  I don't have any time to scan most things.  He helps me out a bit.  On the subject of his weapon, on mine it's doing 175 damage per little Kestrel knockdown, and with Fury on it, there is no reload time or whatever it is you're complaining about.  I agree, he needs to scan stuff quickly.  It takes forever.  But he's helped me to get some of them that I really haven't cared to before.  So what if the weapon doesn't own level 35 enemies?  It's an interesting mechanic.  I think after Melee 2.0, it'll be an incredible game mechanic.  I mean the Sentinel shoots it's bodyparts at enemies and then calls them back to rebuild himself.

Don't flame things if you don't know how to use them.

Mogamu contradicts your opinion of the weapon, As do I. Other sentinel weapons can proc much more knockdowns/blasts on many more enemies, and as you said; It doesn't own level 35 enemies (even though sweeper/Dethrifle/Stinger can) so I fail to see the point in using it for anything else except giggles m8. On top of this, it's not an actual "reload speed" that even something like Fury or Quick return can fix; it's Helios simply staring off into space for the next few moments where it will not attack.

I'll be waiting for you to explain to us how to use this sentinel so we can stop flaming it.

Edited by Capere