The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Ignore Mind Control

Basilo

Re: the team-switch idea... no. Just no. Do not feed the trolls.

Imagine running into an Exterminate Invasion for a Catalyst BP reward, and your team has a Nyx that keeps immediately casting Mind Control on the last living Bombard. Over and over, as soon as it expires, it's cast again, not allowing you to kill it.

No.

If you can only have one active at a time, and it auto-kills the target it's active on when it ends, then there'd be no potential for this.

If you can only have one active at a time, and it auto-kills the target it's active on when it ends, then there'd be no potential for this.

Or removes the enemy from the 'roster' so to speak. An MC'd enemy is a permanent ally until killed, and no longer counts as an enemy for exterminates or for starting the next wave of a defense.

A Leader, Grineer heavy unit, or an Ancient can really help a team. They need to make the Mind Controlled enemies unkillable until the effect wears off.

So don't be a $&*^ to other players. $&*^.

Don't have a Trinity on an infested mission? MC a healer and keep the team's health topped off.

Putting a nice big swirly graphic above the target's head might help other players realize "Oh, this guy's on our side." I was playing with a Nyx last night while leveling stuff up and I almost killed his MCed target on accident because my instincts told me "shoot the glowing guy!" It's just not very clear right now.

And yeah, people will still kill the target even if the MC status was more noticeable. But it might help reduce the casualty rate, so to speak.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

its fine, they shot at them because they're dangerous if they weren't you wouldn't spent your energy stopping them, i would rather have em killed than getting shot by surprise when the effect runs out.

Nyx shouldn't waste her energy on this useless ability, that's for when you play solo.

actually its an useful ability, disabling a dangerous unit for under 25 energy? how can that be useless 

I, personally, am I fan of the "ally when controlled, die when effect wears off" idea.

not die, instant death for any enemy regardless of level or power sounds more like a design flaw than a skill description, they could get damage, and should get a stun.  I mean if someone has been messing with your head you gotta be confused.

Trust me. Even if your teammate know that enemy is mind controlled, they'll still kill him without hesitation.

Then that's not really a problem of the skill. It is the "teammate" that is being a jerk. That or it is some new player that does not really know the skill... Probably the first one is more common...

Completely against the idea of making the mob unkillable.  Teammates will still shoot at him, so it just wastes ammo, and it will create a situation where you have to stand around waiting for the effect to wear off.  I like it working like it does... as a stun with benefits.

It does, however, need a more distinct effect.  Like something that floats above his head, rather than a glowing aura.  There's tons of auras in the game, so people pretty much don't even think about it.  Glow gets their attention, they see it is a nasty mob, and the killing commences.  That will, of course, still happen often with a more unique effect, but at least then people know they're killing the MC'd thing.  It'll be an actual choice, rather than a reflex.  And they'll have an easier time deciding not to kill first.

Of course, part of the problem is the ease of the game as well.  When most of the stuff isn't a threat, you tend to zero in on the few things that are.  And those are the things people MC.