Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Officially Undress Blocking & Bullet-Deflection

RawGritz

[size=4]Thanks to DE for the 2nd Livestream. Cool to see you play the game.[/size]

[size=4]But I was hoping to hear more about blocking, its mechanics, possible mod-fueled enhancements such as melee fire rate and more.[/size]

Can you address blocking in more detail on a thread of some sort? I think many are confused why DE chose the stamina drain system and how shield energy drains, differ and function.

Personally, I think it keeps the high pace of the game and negates stagnate players sitting rooted, waiting for enemies to attack. Plus I feel it adds skill and the need to master timing.

Also it was mentioned in the livestream that incoming melee attacks can be block/parried. is this true?

Edited by RawGritz

Also it was mentioned in the livestream that incoming melee attacks can be block/parried. is this true?

It is, I've done it myself but you have to get the timing right and that's a $#*(@ to do consistently. Practice on Grineer Sawmen first [slow predictable attacks].

It is, I've done it myself but you have to get the timing right and that's a $#*(@ to do consistently. Practice on Grineer Sawmen first [slow predictable attacks].

Yeah I love the blocking. I believe it does. Only makes sense really. But I want DE to officially explain the mechanincs, thought and possible enhancements for blocking and bullet deflecting.

Do enemies take damage from deflected bullets?

I don't think enemies take damage from deflected bullets. I believe that blocking is pretty much a % incoming damage reduction, I would love for DE to actually tell us the number, but from my experience it should be no less than 50%. It actually makes quite a difference. I recommend using heavy charge dmg weapon so you can run at enemies deflecting -> instakill one enemy -> repeat, that seems to be the best tactic at the moment. You can sprint and block at the same time and stamina mods are dirt cheap and common so with heavier frame, good charge damage weapon and sprint speed + stamina mods pure melee playstyle is very viable if somewhat hard to pull off. At least up till around level 35, after that it gets kinda tricky without some very advanced gear.

I use Rhino and Plasma Sword (+50% charge speed, +125% charge dmg) and I rarely ever shoot, though that's with Iron skin boosted quite a bit (power duration mod) for when I get into tight spot. With other (especially light) frames you have to be very careful.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I don't think enemies take damage from deflected bullets. I believe that blocking is pretty much a % incoming damage reduction, I would love for DE to actually tell us the number, but from my experience it should be no less than 50%. It actually makes quite a difference. I recommend using heavy charge dmg weapon so you can run at enemies deflecting -> instakill one enemy -> repeat, that seems to be the best tactic at the moment. You can sprint and block at the same time and stamina mods are dirt cheap and common so with heavier frame, good charge damage weapon and sprint speed + stamina mods pure melee playstyle is very viable if somewhat hard to pull off. At least up till around level 35, after that it gets kinda tricky without some very advanced gear.

I use Rhino and Plasma Sword (+50% charge speed, +125% charge dmg) and I rarely ever shoot, though that's with Iron skin boosted quite a bit (power duration mod) for when I get into tight spot. With other (especially light) frames you have to be very careful.

I agree 100% running or sliding while blocking is most efficient. Standing still while blocking is the least. I think that's why it works on your stamina the way it does. Keeps the pace of the game going so folks don't stand idle trying to block.

But bullets should hit enemies. Not sure how hard that is to code. But Mag has a similar ability redirecting bullets at enemies.