Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Loki A Mistake?

highly_developed

Question

Alright ladies, I'm currently a level 11 Loki frame with a number of 'decent' upgrades to my stock weapon set.

In a group scenario I am still finding myself to be the most squishy of the lot and often times taking more hits to take down an enemy(when a charged sword shot just wasn't possible) And yes, I understand this frame probably takes a bit more finesse than the other frames, I am not one to run into a group of enemies without a plan(read: stealth)

I have to say, while the abilities sounded good on paper, I don't find Loki's abilities too fruitful in combat. They are great for "OH SH!T" moments, but otherwise they are quick lackluster. I currently own the clone and teleport skills and I have come to realize that maybe I've made a mistake with the Loki frame.

Is the only way to get a 'different' frame to buy platnium(side bar, can platnium only be purchased IRL?) Or am I able to craft frames in the foundry? Such as Rhino, Nyx or Mag. Essentially I am looking for a frame that will do some damage!

I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to essentially start over as another frame at this point or if I should tough it out and try for another frame.

All in all I am having fun but I am finding that Loki is a bit useless in a group situation. My main asset is when everyone else is down I am able to survive and kite the longest or distract while others heal-up/escape.

You can get any warframe in the game by "farming" the appropriate boss. If you look up the individual frame on the Warframe wikia you'll find out which boss you need to defeat. These bosses will drop the appropriate systems, chassis, and helmet blueprints for that warframe (be patient, depending on your luck this can take a while). Then you will need to purchase that warframe's blueprint from the market, which can be done with in-game credits.

All together you will also need numerous materials and 105,000 credits in order to craft a new warframe. All of which requires time but no real money.

Yes, platinum can only be purchased with real money.

I will have my own Loki soon. Mostly I've crafted it because I'm curious about the powers, to see how well it stealths, and to see if I can get a hang of the proper playstyle. It may not be the warframe for me, in which case, oh well!

The Loki isn't really intended for damage output, anyway. Your role is distraction and misdirection.

If that playstyle doesn't suit you compared to damage output, then yeah, it was probably a mistake.

Now, with weapons, just about every frame does similar damage due to mods and such, I'm only talking about powers.

The Loki isn't really intended for damage output, anyway. Your role is distraction and misdirection.

If that playstyle doesn't suit you compared to damage output, then yeah, it was probably a mistake.

Now, with weapons, just about every frame does similar damage due to mods and such, I'm only talking about powers.

Definitely and I understand that completely. In a team setup, where I knew I had compentant teamates I would definitely be able to and perform well at those tasks. However, in the pug-style gameplay I've been experiencing it's more of a solo with some friends style. Not too much team-work.

I know what you mean. I tend to kill more and do more damage overall than most people in a PUG in my Excalibur due to it's potential for massive damage output, which makes me happy with it.

But in those ad-hoc groups the support roles really don't live up to their potential because of a lack of coordination. Most people seem to go into them as if they're playing solo, afterall.

Find yourself a clan maybe?

yeah it feels loki is lacking/not so fun in pug style groups where the people go apes**t at their own discretion lol.

but in groups that actually stick together, i find loki to be gdlk. What i do is carry decoy and invisibility(which i upgrade constantly) and abuse invisibiltiy in any big confrontation and use decoy for the bosses/heavy enemies.

I keep track of how many invisibilites i can do(like if i have 125 energy i tell myself i have 2 invisibility and 1 decoy) and use that knowledge to safely wreck the enemy group BEHIND the one that is being confronted by the team. I currently just use chronos and charge attack(oneshots like 80% of bad guys) as many guys as possible and if the bad guys drop blue orbs, I keep note if I can pull off another invisibility during the fight(like if have 75 and blue orb drops, I will tell myself to screw decoy use and that I now have 2 invisibility)

When I run out of my last invisibility, I run like hell back to team and use guns~~

With this tactic, I always tend to always have 1st or 2nd most kills by the end of the mission. Plus because I am using invisibility as much as possible, I also tend to always have the least damage taken.

i try to play loki as ninja as possible lololol

...funny tho, i wanted volt, but i didn't have that option so I picked loki....

Edited by pills28

Give him a chance Loki level 30 here.

For defense mission it's not that bad decoy + gorgon helps and don't forget you can switch teleport with your decoy and take advantage of it to get into higher ground.

Learn to play with him until you get all the part to craft a new warframe. You don't have to buy anything.

His also one of the fastest frame so rushing M prime in less than a min is a piece of cake to have credits.

First, you have to understand where true damage in this game comes from. Outside of some class Ultimates (#4 power) powers don't do serious damage. Most damage comes from either your gun or your melee weapon.

If you are having trouble doing damage with a Loki its more likely that you need to look to your weapon. Because the Loki can Decoy and Cloak it is easy to line up head shots on Grineer or other kinds of weak point shots. There is also another side of the Loki, Cloak basically guaranties critical hits with melee weapons. Prior to update 7 people would use Dual Zoren (axes) for hyper-speed crit swings. While it isn't nearly as good in the current game it is still viable. Get either a Furry (rate of attack) or Charge Speed+ mod so you quick charge and get crits that way.

In team battles you may not feel like you're doing much but just throwing out a well placed decoy can mean the world to your teammates, as it frees them up to put sustained fire into enemies instead of playing peak-a-boo with cover.

Edited by Brasten

LOL WUT ? Loki is not ment for damage dealing ? Don't make my pants laugh!

I 1 shot all(heavy trooper 2-3 shot) with dual skana charge atack while others pew pew ammo clip by clip at 1 enemy... You can go stealth and make tons of crits in melee, charge attacks ignore armor, you have decoy to pull of agro... Ofcourse you get your &#! handled to you if you take all the shots, so don't take them.

Get some shield capacity and shield regen mods, get some health mods, cuz loki lacks it and get some melee weapon with cleave. Then CHARGE!!!! and 1 hit KO anything(you can farm 2 mission on mercury for those).

Loki got so much potential, I do not regret taking him instead of excalib or the other one.. what was it.. oh yeas.. volt...

LOL WUT ? Loki is not ment for damage dealing ? Don't make my pants laugh!

I 1 shot all(heavy trooper 2-3 shot) with dual skana charge atack while others pew pew ammo clip by clip at 1 enemy... You can go stealth and make tons of crits in melee, charge attacks ignore armor, you have decoy to pull of agro... Ofcourse you get your &#! handled to you if you take all the shots, so don't take them.

Get some shield capacity and shield regen mods, get some health mods, cuz loki lacks it and get some melee weapon with cleave. Then CHARGE!!!! and 1 hit KO anything(you can farm 2 mission on mercury for those).

Loki got so much potential, I do not regret taking him instead of excalib or the other one.. what was it.. oh yeas.. volt...

You'll eventually lack energy for stealth and decoy and actually you cant do the half of the damage the other frames deal since their warframes can deal damage aswell while you are dealing damage with your rifle shotgun whatever.

You cant go and charge attack infesteds. They'll derp you up in a split second since they eat your energy and shields in a second.(try going melee against 10 toxic ancients in defend mission i dare you)

Loki's job is creating distraction and keeping the hell away from your team, not dealing damage.

I put sprint & invisibility mod on my loki, and then slash all my enemies up with my dagger in a few seconds.

on infested missions, i can teleport to a safe place and non of them can reach me ^^

Loki is actualy my favourite frame besides excalibur.

So, I am likely going to purchase the Ash frame. I think it'll cater to my potential play-style much better- as I'd still like to employ that steatlh role but have some offensive special abilities.

Can anyone comment on this move? I see they are the same speed, with a difference in HP vrs Power being the biggest statistically difference.

Lastly, does anyone know if the "frame packs" are worth it? If so, I'll wait until they are offering an "ash pack" because at the moment they say there is a "sale" on the Ash frame however it is significantly more expensive than any others..

If you know what you're doing Loki is really one of the most OP frames there is... invisability makes enemies unaware, unaware enemies give you huge bonuses to crit.

One of my clannies does 8-10k *per attack* when invisable.

There is a reason they warn you he's an advanced frame; getting to that point with Loki alone can be quite challenging.

*Edit* this bonus applies to >>Melee<< damage mind you.

Edited by Bakim0n0

1 : Loki is actually a PRO frame in my POV.Decoy is one of the most usefull first skill,if not the most useful in the whole game - you need to get invisibility,with it you will see how you can pwn with a melee weapon,and when using it,you will be immune to gunfire damage. 2: Yes,you can craft other frames as well,bosses drop theyr blueprints.though loki is squish,its the fastest frame out there.

You'll eventually lack energy for stealth and decoy and actually you cant do the half of the damage the other frames deal since their warframes can deal damage aswell while you are dealing damage with your rifle shotgun whatever.

You cant go and charge attack infesteds. They'll derp you up in a split second since they eat your energy and shields in a second.(try going melee against 10 toxic ancients in defend mission i dare you)

Loki's job is creating distraction and keeping the hell away from your team, not dealing damage.

You mean like how I solo Xini with my Loki to wave 15? I could prolly even go further.

I hope I won't sound like an uptight pretentious #$&(% but here goes:

A variety of frames are available with different skills that can suit you

Having 3 starter warframes, we can divide them as a str, int, agi type or an in your face warframe, (as many have mentioned) a misdirection/trickster warframe and an aoe caster.

Still, even with those in mind, the outcome of how your warframe plays out depends heavily on how you play it. People can make Rhino play like an Ash or Excalibur even with the movement speed difference, the mods are there not only frustrate people, but they offer a sense of customization. Like the one I mentioned, you want a faster Rhino? You put on a maxed out rush mod and a stamina mod + (or not) a stamina recharge mod with either a charge weapon or a normal swing weapon. The decision is really up to you.

For the loki part, it was my first pick as well and I knew there were no damaging skills whatsoever, but the invi itself offers to do that. It's both a defensive and offensive skill as mentioned by others. Again it really is up to you.

For your question, yes, I think you might have gone wrong with loki as either it just doesn't fit your intended playstyle of a warframe/outcome of using a warframe or (don't hate me for this) you just can't maximize loki's potential. Potential in a sense that you haven't tried out things out of your comfort zone.

And I disagree, even without a teamplay, loki shines in different ways aside from invi, switch teleport and decoy are very useful (decoy shines more in defense maps, switch teleport is a very supportive skill).

But I have yet to find the radial disarm useful.

Currently playing Ash and Rhino, as you've experienced, I find the lack of damaging skills very sad, albeit loki being fun, but that's the reason why Loki's a starter warframe. It's up to you to stick with it or find another warframe. I suggest you do get an ash, and chances are you'll get tired of it as well one way or the other.

Try to farm for warframes or look up vids of their gameplay and decide which to try out, and if you do decide to try one out I hope it's the one you're looking for or we'll see another post of this kind lol.

People have already sung the praises of Loki and I agree with them. However I'd suck at Loki because that's not my playstyle. If you make the decision that Loki is simply not the frame for you then you have 2 choices:

1) buy a new frame with real money, or

2) abandon your account and pick a new frame.

You *could* build another warframe but it will take a lot of play time to do so, plus 3.5 days crafting time. It will take several multiples of time you've already put into your rank 11 Loki to get what you need. Since you're only level 11 that means you can't equip all your frame uniques at the same time. Consider that you will probably be in the 30s by the time you collect all the parts you need for a 2nd frame. That's a long time to play a frame you dislike. You'll likely quit the game before you complete it. You aren't losing much by ditching a level 11 warframe or any of the weapons you've put into it.

Either get a new account or get better at playing Loki. And in this case "better" is a mindset rather than skill.

Edited by EvilMind

People have already sung the praises of Loki and I agree with them. However I'd suck at Loki because that's not my playstyle. If you make the decision that Loki is simply not the frame for you then you have 2 choices:

1) buy a new frame with real money, or

2) abandon your account and pick a new frame.

You *could* build another warframe but it will take a lot of play time to do so, plus 3.5 days crafting time. It will take several multiples of time you've already put into your rank 11 Loki to get what you need. Since you're only level 11 that means you can't equip all your frame uniques at the same time. Consider that you will probably be in the 30s by the time you collect all the parts you need for a 2nd frame. That's a long time to play a frame you dislike. You'll likely quit the game before you complete it. You aren't losing much by ditching a level 11 warframe or any of the weapons you've put into it.

Either get a new account or get better at playing Loki. And in this case "better" is a mindset rather than skill.

Or

he can just be patient with Loki while farming/fusing mods for the upcoming warframe that he'll make, while getting rank exp from leveling his current items and Loki warframe, so he'll just have to rank up a few more items and frame to get up to rank 3/4, having access to higher tier weapons.

he can just be patient with Loki while farming/fusing mods for the upcoming warframe that he'll make, while getting rank exp from leveling his current items and Loki warframe, so he'll just have to rank up a few more items and frame to get up to rank 3/4, having access to higher tier weapons.

That makes no sense. None. It's not even a skinner box situation.

When i first started with my Loki i was also a bit disappointed. It seemed to have no cool damage abilities the other 2 starter Frames have. it also has low Health and Shields, but after upgrading Invisibility and Continuity(Invis Duration), crafting a Cronus and putting some Charge damage/speed mods on it my Loki became a Melee killing Machine.

invisibility gives you a nice melee Damage boost so you can oneshot pretty much every normal enemy while invis and with the increased duration you can kill 4-5 before it runs out.

as for sidearms: Currently using AKLato and a Paris Bow. I also bought the Latron Rifle but didn't really like it. it may shine when you put many highlevel Mods on it but now at Rank 20 it is a little underwhelming.

However i LOVE the Bow. It is awesome against Grineer.

About the Loki Skills:

Decoy is usefull. Nice for Distracting tough enemies

Invisibility is the best Loki skill imho. Upgrading it is a must tho.

Teleport: sometimes(very rarely) it is usefull for escaping but then again i rather save the energy and go invisible.

Radial Discharge: would be good if it would work on Bosses, but sadly it doesn't so im not using it. Sure you can disarm a group of enemies, but for the 100 energy i can just go Invisible twice and kill them in melee without any danger of being hit.