Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Very Disappointed And Upset.

Adamantknight

I've been playing this game since it's been out and so far i've been very impressed. but i am very angry about the Hyena boss battle. first off. you lied about what level it was. it says on the mission level 15-24. yet hyena is level 30, second of all he has missiles that will find you no matter where you are and ONE SHOT YOU?? SERIOUSLY? don't you think thats a little too overpowered and ridiculous? im trying ot kill him to get the rhino armor and it kind of &!$$es me hoff how i have everything but the control module yet i have to wait till level 30 to even get it now because this boss is waaay higher level than the mission says. false advertisement. and your connection issues SUCK. me and friends have been playing it and we always get disconnected. we all have fast computers and internet. so PLEASE fix this problem. im about to leave the game because of it.

Joke's on you. Hyena doesn't drop Rhino blueprints. Jackal does.

And level range is correct, it refers to the level range of mobs in the mission, not necessarily the boss or your levels.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait till you are level 50+ to do Pluto.

Those lvl requirements are misleading - it means the level of the Mob in the level - not the levels of warframe it is best suited to, but you should easily be able to complete it with the right mods and a full squad - are you playing with other people or not?

Anyway - you really shoudln't leave the game over such a small annoyance as this - just find better mods and level up - and try again with a different strategy - this game has so much more to give, trust me.

Are you using vitality and cheild mods - these will be very useful to you in a boss fight.

Please persevere.

Edited by Bennyworld

I agree Hyena is overpowered at the moment, it can be quite irritating. However here are some tips to make it easier. Kill all of the other enemies nearby first so that everyone can focus the boss. Bring a Loki or Saryn to drop decoy/moult and distract him from firing at tennos. Do not engage him at close range where his stomp will interrupt firing; everyone needs to keep the dps continuous so his shield doesn't recharge. Gorgon rifle tears him down quickly, slow firing weapons such as Snipetron or Paris are not as effective against this boss.

Depending where you fight him, I found running around a box and line of sighting him after each charged melee hit proved effective. However, this is impossible solo as its shield regenerates at a ridiculous rate. You need 2 people minimum (full group ideally) just to make sure he doesn't get a chance to regenerate his shield.

Joke's on you. Hyena doesn't drop Rhino blueprints. Jackal does.

Hyena drops the Control Module for all Warframes. OP did actually say he has the blueprints minus the Control Module.

I'm not sure what you are doing with your warframe but if the missiles oneshot you, then you are not adding anything to increase your shield and health values which should be a priority unless you can turn invisible, deploy decoys or have some sort of way to make sure you aren't attacked.

As for connection issues... Are you sure it isn't on your part? I don't have any of that at all nor with the people I play with and bear in mind the people ~I play with are not even close to me, they are for the most part in different countries in the world for that matter and no one has connection issues. If anything I have one small problem that is not being able to join other people's sessions, but since they are able to join mine everything works out.

Umm, connection issues have nothing to do with DE. It's P2P. So it's either one of your friends has network problems, or it could be a client issue I guess, then it would be DE's fault.

And yup, Hyena is OP. Don't try to to Solo him. Mainly what people do in this case is go to the Find a Squad forum and go: "I WANTZ CONTROL MODULE PLZ HALP".

The community is nice. Most of us >:) You'll get some good response.

And with the Hyena, you've absolutely got to have at least 250 shields. His minigun takes out like 25 shields per shot, and it's rapid fire. So you'll pretty much get instadowned.

Out of interest, what frame do you use? Because if it's Frost or Volt, the shield comes in handy for the rockets. If it's not, get behind a wall. As quick as you can. And the rockets don't instadown, they just do insane damage. I've got 750 shields and I can tank both rockets. Still hurts though.

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

Hyena OP? What? How? I don't even...

I really don't understand how people have so much trouble with this boss, could somebody please explain :s

Anyway, with regards to the OP, the boss is always going to be harder than the run-of-the-mill mobs in the planet you're playing.

Edited by Notso

Hyena OP? What? How? I don't even...

I really don't understand how people have so much trouble with this boss, could somebody please explain :s

He does a ton of damage, I'm not sure what you dont understand. Way more than all the other early bosses. I wouldnt say he's op, but until him, all the bosses are pretty much cake.

I've been playing this game since it's been out and so far i've been very impressed. but i am very angry about the Hyena boss battle. first off. you lied about what level it was. it says on the mission level 15-24. yet hyena is level 30, second of all he has missiles that will find you no matter where you are and ONE SHOT YOU?? SERIOUSLY? don't you think thats a little too overpowered and ridiculous? im trying ot kill him to get the rhino armor and it kind of &!$$es me hoff how i have everything but the control module yet i have to wait till level 30 to even get it now because this boss is waaay higher level than the mission says. false advertisement. and your connection issues SUCK. me and friends have been playing it and we always get disconnected. we all have fast computers and internet. so PLEASE fix this problem. im about to leave the game because of it.

I have had the same issue with that boss, but do not overreact please. First of all, the game is still in beta, second: Hyena indeed has way too much health for the starting, basic guns.

The only thing i can suggest is to ask a higher leveled player to help, or wait till you have better equipment, but quit &!$$ing yourself off. It does no good to nobody.

Well I've reached the hyena boss today and did it with just a friend. To say that he was easy is an understatement. Granted I have over 800 shield and over 400 health but that's not hard to get, I use volt for the moment and don't use abillities other than run fast to get somewhere I need. I doubt I even needed any help to kill him to be very honest.

Now when you get to a boss, no matter what boss is it what do you need? High DPS, that's what you need. Get AFuris, those things shoot so damn fast, level them up a bit put a few mods (easier if you put a catalist on it to double the amount of mods). Every time you unload a clip on it you'll see a considerable chunk of health disapear. I almost bet you're going with high damage but low DPS weapons in this bosses and of course, low survivabillity in the matter of shields and health. If you don't help yourself it's normal you'll end up disapointed. I am only sad I don't really have a satisfying main weapon with a high DPS as there simply isn't one (no, the heavy machine gun doesn't works for me for the wind up cicle).

So far, for defense mission, infested missions and boss missions that's what I feel works best, DPS. Bring AFuris and you starting rifle well modded and you should have no problems at all, don't forget survivabillity mods for your warframe as well.

The problem with this, is that it (Jackal as well) spam the shockwave until it hits someone. Maybe it's a bug, but it's not a fun one :D

it's based on distance from him

also even if he spams you can still jump over them all

unless of course you're doing the jump while holding a direction and you do that dumb roll forward after, but that's your own fault

it's based on distance from him

also even if he spams you can still jump over them all

unless of course you're doing the jump while holding a direction and you do that dumb roll forward after, but that's your own fault

I know, lets have a DDR dance off with him instead of meleeing him ;)

You can't melee and jump at the same time. If you use the jump melee attack you're grounded too long to be able to make the next jump. Unless you stack Charge Speed/Fire Rate on a sword (sorry, us big axe/sword people are screwed) you wont be able to do a thing.