Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Key Redundant?

Trystram

Hi All,

Since the Clan Dojo is on the star map now, would it be possible to simply remove the "Dojo Key" requirement.  It seems a little weird that I can invite a person who is not in a clan to the dojo to trade, but I can't invite new members of the clan to the dojo until they wait 12 hours for the key to get crafted.

What do you think?

Well it should certainly be one or the other. There are reasons the clan key duration exists, but you shouldn't be barred from inviting members to your dojo who are currently wait for the key to finish. The dojo marker should either not be visible until the member has finished building the key OR the member should be able to be invited to the dojo even when the clan key hasn't yet completed. 

I know for my clan, I allow everyone to host, so people can come and go whenever they want.  I do understand that other clan's may choose to limit hosting to only officers, but that permission based system I think negates the need for a key. 

caln key timer is there to stop players from "hoping" around clans.
so someone from a low/new clan wont be able to leave, enter a high level clan, buy every BP and return to his old clan in a fluid form.

Edited by EagleRise

The key's purpose is to make it difficult to be a clan nomad.

My thought exactly. It's a small price to pay to so a player can't just join a clan, grab something, a leave - it doesn't STOP them, of course, but it slows them down enough to make them reconsider.

I dunno, it doesn't cost that much plat to just speed it up.  If the reason for the 12h is to prevent clan hoping, then it shouldn't be accelerate-able.  .  I mean a person could sell a mod or two for the plat, speed the key, grab whatever BPs they want and go.  And even if they didn't use the plat,  12 hours isn't exactly a huge hurdle.