Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp-Gameplay Suggestion

Kasp0me

okay guys i wanna be the tie breaker here i am with and against PvP make sense? XD

here is what i mean,

i am with PvP because like some players that have mentioned they become bored of the PVE because of some stuff and it can also be something else players can do when they cant find any othe players to go on missions with and that if the devs might not add pvp it might lessen the playerbase because of no pvp, and i mean come on pvp isnt all that bad it actually gets more fun if others tried to win instead of complain about loosing all the time. and it can also help us improve our game strategies against npcs i mean sure npcs are different from players but there are some players who are good and some that will just kick your &#! in pvp, this will help you think of ways to get them, and if you can think of ways to surpass someone who thinks individually constantly developing new ideas then i am sure as hell you can think of ways to own npcs.

i am against PvP cuz the players that talk trash are just irritating, especially if they get you the same way everytime(f*ckincamper and it can make you rage quit (videogames don't make people more violent lag does) and like other pvp in games you die they take your stuff you get angry and stuff then rage quit and i really hate it when there are players who abuse players on pvp especially on mmorpgs, they know you're weak and then they kill you. but unlike in fps where its mostly player against player there isnt much rage to that since you expect that.

like newton said, with every action there is an equal and oppposite reaction.

Good points... As for players talking trash... You just need to learn to "Burn" them, works everytime. :p

And seriously? Campers? They are easy to deal with.

But... My god... the lagg! I mean, if we get lagg just from having a few more people in pve i'ld hate to know what the lagg will be like in pvp... O.o

Not gonna lie... With how the warframes are with thier skills and such, PvP would not be balanced in the slightest. There are gonna end up being 1 or 2 choice warframes for PvP. The rest will be cried about "not receiving enough love" or "being useless".

A great deal of revamping has to be done to make these classes fair for PvP, to the point where PvP would be an entirely different game than PvE.

So really, stop asking for PvP. You don't know what you are asking for.

Well thats all people want... Dueling=PVP...

Edit: And are you guys being so rude? I simply said it needed pvp or something more then what it has now... This is a SUGGESTION topic anyway. -_- And I full well know and understand that this is a beta, again, I'm merely suggesting.

I didn't think I was being rude. If you read the full posting I was pointing out the PVP topic and the only mode talked about was dueling and the main PVP thread is in off-topic section right now. However, like I posted in previous postings there's a lot of these posts because it's off the beaten path and newbies can't find it.

Edited by shoudra

I understand the communities wishes for PvP, but lets face it, based on the story/backstory we are given about the tenno and there various adversaries (to which I hope to see more type...-cough- space samurais or space pirates -cough-) it is unfeasable for a tenno vs tenno confrontation.

HOWEVER (yes I intentionally bolded and underlined)

There is room for direct competition between tenno. Let us review what we have been given:

1. Tenno revive from a long sleep

2. They are unsure of their "place" in the present galaxy/world/etc

3. If you read the intro, it even says "maybe mercenaries for hire"

Therefore I present you, my warframe community with the idea loosly named "PvE vs PvE"

Although we as players do not actually fight each other, we may compete for the same objective. For argument's sake let us say that Tenno Cell A (for further reference we will call it TCA) wishes to use Artifact X to further their desires. In opposition to TCA we have Tenno Cell B who also wishes to claim artifact X. Since there is only 1 artifact both must "race" for the objective. Thus this is where the game comes in given the appropriate map.

1. TCA and TCB have their seperate starting points of equal distance and equal # of enemies/obstacles blocking their path.

2. As TCA/TCB progress there are a number of "twists" (ill leave this to the devs) which complicate the mission, both sides experience them of equal # and complexity.

3. The 1st team to grab the artifact goes home the overall winner. BUT the team who leaves empty handed is "rewarded" with consolation prize in the form of a boss with drops/exp/etc. something so that players just won't drop when their team loses.

4. To retrieve the artifact/final objective all 4 members of the team must be present, in addition with other sets of team oriented tasks thus 1 person cannot just run through the entire thing by themself.

Via this idea the devs can also give rise to other things for in game content such as new mission types, larger team content (maybe 5-8). My personal favourite would be putting a solid clan/guild system so it isnt just an extra friend list of some sort.

Kuroko, that kind of sounds like the system war thread and its similar thread (forgot its name). Good suggestion though. Also, right now the devs I think they are talking about dueling which would be I guess a "friendly tenno training session"?

P.S. Wish I had the links offhand

PVP will break the game in all the ways possible. This is a Co-Op PVE game. It born like this. You chose to play it for this. If they make PVP the mechanics of the game will need a total rebalance otherwise it will be a 1 shooting powers fest. Every one will use 1-2 dash and slash and the matches will last 2 mins. And something that no one mention is if this game gets PVP it will be infested with hackers like any other online shooter. Name any of the courrent free online shooters. All of they have hacks and no one want to play it any more. Take a look of AVA. That FPS is all ready doom.

I know my idea is old but considering what we have in place now and the story we have to work with, I feel this is the best answer for those of us who wish for a more competitive forum within our game. I say "our" in light of, they make it, we play it and test it. There cannot be a game if there is no creator or player thus we must be respectful to both our fellow gamers and the devs who put their blood and tears into such things.

Every single PVP topic creator seems to believe he has stumbled upon a goldmine of original ideas and groundbreaking concepts.

Yeah it's funny lol

And for all of you, just relax... The game was made for PvP, the only reason it doesn't have yet is because of bugs, Tennos would react exactly as Grineer, and Corpus if PvP was on, so we can expect some PvP when the game release, remember, we're still in Beta.

PVP will break the game in all the ways possible. This is a Co-Op PVE game. It born like this. You chose to play it for this. If they make PVP the mechanics of the game will need a total rebalance otherwise it will be a 1 shooting powers fest. Every one will use 1-2 dash and slash and the matches will last 2 mins. And something that no one mention is if this game gets PVP it will be infested with hackers like any other online shooter. Name any of the courrent free online shooters. All of they have hacks and no one want to play it any more. Take a look of AVA. That FPS is all ready doom.

This is very true my good man. But on the other hand they do have a possiblity of an arena. Either the devs could go the classic PvP which would be 1v1 duel, no abilities. Or if they want to get creative they could keep the PvE perspective and have it as an arena where people team up and fight different waves of enimies. Either way would be bad &#! XP

P.S. Pardon my spelling I know its terrible

Yeah it's funny lol

And for all of you, just relax... The game was made for PvP, the only reason it doesn't have yet is because of bugs, Tennos would react exactly as Grineer, and Corpus if PvP was on, so we can expect some PvP when the game release, remember, we're still in Beta.

Made for PVP? XD I would love to see where you got these information.....

Edited by Venarge

Yeah it's funny lol

Except you know... DE_STEVE has even said that the game was made for co-op PVE and not PVP and that PVP was *maybe* coming but not a priority of any sort....so you know, stop lying.

Except you know... DE_STEVE has even said that the game was made for co-op PVE and not PVP and that PVP was *maybe* coming but not a priority of any sort....so you know, stop lying.

Either way, limiting it to pve will damage the game, hopefully they can come up with some form of pvp which is balanced and, to some degree, un-hackabe.

I mean, look at Guild Wars 2, yes it is pve to start off, but pvp comes in as sort of an end game feature where you have to work as a team to have any chance of winning. What could be done is to make it so that the more diverse a team is with the warframes which they use the better chance they have at winning.

And, although this game wasn't Phyically made for pvp... what he is getting at is that the game is too good for it not to have it.

But still... Even though you are a "grandmaster" i have to regard you as "newbish." You should know that you should at least post a link to that topic instead of just talking about it. (It's not showing up in the search or the off-topic forums for me... (Why is it even classed as "Off-topic"? O.o))

But still... Even though you are a "grandmaster" i have to regard you as "newbish." You should know that you should at least post a link to that topic instead of just talking about it. (It's not showing up in the search or the off-topic forums for me... (Why is it even classed as "Off-topic"? O.o))

That was my issue when I tried to find the link, though I know it is in some post labled as an FAQ somewhere (and for a while it wasn't in off-topic but was then moved there)..

But here is the FAQ:

https://forums.warfr...8-warframe-faq/

And directly from that post:

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

Edit: This was found in "News and Announcements"

Edited by Tsukinoki

Either way, limiting it to pve will damage the game, hopefully they can come up with some form of pvp which is balanced and, to some degree, un-hackabe.

I mean, look at Guild Wars 2, yes it is pve to start off, but pvp comes in as sort of an end game feature where you have to work as a team to have any chance of winning. What could be done is to make it so that the more diverse a team is with the warframes which they use the better chance they have at winning.

And, although this game wasn't Phyically made for pvp... what he is getting at is that the game is too good for it not to have it.

Just because some people want pvp doesnt mean its actually a good thing.

The PVP in GW was actually a part of the game in the beginning of development. This game was designed as PVE.

To the rest of your post.

How can a good pvp exist if the characters of this game arent even made for pvp.

Maybe you just watch the Q&A to find out that Steve actually said that this was always meant to be PVE.

Its off topic cause almost every day, a new member shows up, not reading the FAQ´s of course, and posts a new thread about pvp.

So most PVP threads got locked. The only one that actually was allowed to stay was the one in the off topic section, to give people a place where they can talk about pvp. But yeah. it seems its easier to simply spam the whole forum with pvp threads than taking some time to read the FAQ.....

I feel that the idea of PvP is leading us in the wrong direction. I think we should be more concentrated not of PvP but rather competition between players/teams via systems already in place. I don't see how to create a successful pvp experience in this game without grinding it down to what the market is already oversaturated with. I personally do not want to see this game turn into "Gunz". If you are curious as to my suggestion please read my idea on the previous page (page 2 of this thread). While we may not be able to hack/shred each other, we may have bragging rights in each others' faces.

For a quick idea, think of Army of Two, the competitive mode between 2 teams of 2 men. Not in direct competion with each other but rather against the clock/scoreboard. Think of it as a cross country race or triathalon between 2 teams for an objective.