The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Elite? Like Prime But Not?

Lakais

So this idea's been stuck in my head for a good while now, so lets see how it goes over. 

Since Excalibur (my favorite frame at this time) has the first prime, that incidentally is also Founders only and as such unobtainable. I got the idea for an alternate version. Or two, actually. 

They "special thing" is same for both. Stuff like Arc traps and Laser doors and other such traps don't trigger or otherwise have a smaller effect. Going with their "elite or veteran" status, they have an innate knack of avoiding or just not triggering these. Of course such a bonus doesn't affect void traps since these usually also open up loot areas, so we'd get an issue if they were also not triggered (unless we get a way to trigger them remotely) 

Veteran.

Unlike other warframes that you farm parts for and then go through the standard crafting procedure, this frame is created from a standard Excal frame. Basically after a certain moddedness threshold has been reached, the player will be given an option to convert their current standard into a veteran model. Basically once you've put a reactor in, formad it 3+ times and have earned a lot of affinity and/or spent a huge ammount of time as Excal will you be given an option to convert your excal into a Veteran.

Visually it'd look similar but more weathered. Scars and gashes. Some really interesting markings (like tattoos and such) over areas that have seemingly been rebuilt. Basically something that indicates that this particular Tenno has seen a lot of combat, it's been through hell and back enough times to have a month's pass. 

Elite

Basically, it's Prime without the bling. other then having the same "no traps" bonus effect as the veteran, since the "get 250 energy from void trap spheres" doesn't make sense with them. It has altered polarities (like all the new primes) and visually is a lot less flashy. No gold trim and looks less organic. If anything I'll link the first concept of Dark Sector as reference. 

The idea is to give the excal fans a cookie. What do you think? Maybe a new line of special frames? 

Edited by Lakais

that's a good thought, i like using Excalibur; not the best warframe out there but still a great balanced warframe with a great support move (Radial Blind) it could be a nice consolation prize for those who don't get Excal Prime; however, considering that it's just Excalibur powered up, i'm fine using just regular Excalibur; they should try making the Prime forms have some more stats than their regular counterparts. what do you guys think?

Wouldn't adding more "improved" versions of warframes just cheapen the idea of the prime? Just to appease the people who didn't buy the founder's pack. Yes, I know, it's unfair for those who were not aware of it. But for those who were here, for those who were are, and for those who were willing to sacrifice at least 50$ they got something that no one can ever get again.

Loto, I'd agree with you if, and only if. Primes were hard to get. They are not. A bit more time consuming but hardly what I'd call an accomplishment. Hell, a frost is rarer these days then a frost prime. (I got my prime before the standard). Then again I wouldn't be against buffing Primes a bit. But only a bit. The special thing (get 250 power from trap spheres in void) is a bit lackluster in the rest of the game. If they had something else, some other funky thing about them I'd be fine. 

Shadowsaur, why should excal remain the only frame with no alternate version? And what is it so bad about truly rewarding EFFORT. I mean of the two ideas I made, the Veteran version is closest to my heart. Because to get it you have to actually SPEND valuable resources. You are effectively using a whole frame, a potato, multiple formas and a lot of time and effort to make it. What's so bad about it? Why is THAT worth less then dropping some money way back when? I mean you could technically "buy" this enhanced version but it'd cost you quite a pretty penny. 

Loto, I'd agree with you if, and only if. Primes were hard to get. They are not. A bit more time consuming but hardly what I'd call an accomplishment. Hell, a frost is rarer these days then a frost prime. (I got my prime before the standard). Then again I wouldn't be against buffing Primes a bit. But only a bit. The special thing (get 250 power from trap spheres in void) is a bit lackluster in the rest of the game. If they had something else, some other funky thing about them I'd be fine. 

That was my point Lakais; make the Primes harder to get than they are now (increase difficulty to rare for every part or higher if possible) in exchange for making these Warframes in Prime form even stronger than ever

It would be cool to have the Dark Sector skin for Excalibur (Maybe a sort of prototype armor, to fit the lore.), and some other armors alike for other Warframes, just as cosmetics.

I would pay for a Dark Sector Excal skin.