Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If?

Hayden Tenno is not a character in the warframe universe. 

But he is speculated to be the early ancestor of who we now know as the tenno order.  DE have said that dark sector and warframe are connected, but warframe is more like a spiritual sequal to dark sector, showing how it would of been had publishers not demolished the original idea in favor of a less "out there" idea.

But he is speculated to be the early ancestor of who we now know as the tenno order.  DE have said that dark sector and warframe are connected, but warframe is more like a spiritual sequal to dark sector, showing how it would of been had publishers not demolished the original idea in favor of a less "out there" idea.

They actually did state on one live stream that it's more than a spiritual sequel. In that stream they stated that they see Hayden as the first every Tenno that existed in the Warframe universe.

They actually did state on one live stream that it's more than a spiritual sequel. In that stream they stated that they see Hayden as the first every Tenno that existed in the Warframe universe.

Not the hayden tenno from the released version of dark sector, but the hayden tenno from the early alpha dark sector that warframe is based off of.

two entirely different games

Not the hayden tenno from the released version of dark sector, but the hayden tenno from the early alpha dark sector that warframe is based off of.

two entirely different games

the hadyen tenno from dark sector is the one the glaive (and in-game lore) refers too, since the glaive was his signature weapon, hence the one who is relevant. also the glaive was not present in the dark sector trailer

while the dark sector trailer eventually became warframe itself, it does not mean that the released version of dark sector and warframe do not have very strong ties, both spiritually and literally 

Hayden Tenno is not a character in the warframe universe.

Hayden Tenno is a character in the warframe universe, he was the first Tenno. I can ref a livestream. What have you got but wishes and a hatred for darksector?

I also don't buy the trailer Hayden thing, could still be true but super dumb thing to do. No one will associate what was said in that livestream with the trailer and not the game. Does make the statement a perfect red herring though.

Edited by NevanChambers

Hayden Tenno is a character in the warframe universe, he was the first Tenno. I can ref a livestream. What have you got but wishes and a hatred for darksector?

I also don't buy the trailer Hayden thing, could still be true but super dumb thing to do. No one will associate what was said in that livestream with the trailer and not the game. Does make the statement a perfect red herring though.

I am sorry what, I have no hatred for dark sector I have no feeling for it at all I have not played the game.

Dark sector is the spiritual predecessor to warframe they are made by the same devs with similar concepts but they are completely unrelated when it comes to cannon (The same way that Demon souls is similar to dark souls but has no lore connections)

What live stream did they say he was cannon in the warframe universe and I will happily go and watch it again.

Edited by BrotherIcarus

I am sorry what, I have no hatred for dark sector I have no feeling for it at all I have not played the game.

Dark sector is the spiritual successor to warframe they are made by the same devs with similar concepts but they are completely unrelated when it comes to cannon (The same way that Demon souls is similar to dark souls but has no lore connections)

What live stream did they say he was cannon in the warframe universe and I will happily go and watch it again.

I apologize for the assumption as I can't fathom why people cannot accept the cannon nature of darksector and have had people in other lore discussions essentially say that it's not cannon cause it's a crappy game. Livestream 10, also we are supposed to get origin lore in the update today, after a prime time DESteve stated in chat that we would soon be getting more lore connecting darksector to warframe which could be the same stuff we're getting today or something in the near future. Either way some of this should be cleared up fairly soon. 

EDIT: they don't come out and say that DS is cannon just that hayden tenno was the first tenno. Some will argue that they mean the one from trailer almost no one saw vs. the many trailers and actual game associated with the released DS. 

Edited by NevanChambers

Dark sector is the spiritual successor to warframe they are made by the same devs with similar concepts but they are completely unrelated...

lol wut

First off, Warframe is the successor to Dark Sector, not the other way around. Second, do you know what happens in Dark Sector? The two games tie into eachother.

lol wut

First off, Warframe is the successor to Dark Sector, not the other way around. Second, do you know what happens in Dark Sector? The two games tie into eachother.

My bad but you new what I meant.

It remains to be seen whether or not dark sector is cannon to warframe.

lol wut

How? Because, according to the origin of the Tenno we have now, they're two separate things entirely.

How? Because, according to the origin of the Tenno we have now, they're two separate things entirely.

You must realise that the info given in warframe about the Tennos' past is shrouded in mystery for a reason.

The tenno themselves aren't supposed to know how they came about. They don;t question it. They were created in the void, a place where physics and laws of nature bend regularly, and the Orokin designed them to know only to kill their enemies and follow orders.

The Orokin Void and the Tenno are the only two reliable sources of information on the origin of the Tenno in Warframe's story. However, because neither can explain themselves or be explained by anyone in this time (at this stage all other information has destroyed through years of war, erradication and separation of the remaining surviving factions), the past history of Warframe is uncertain.

However, after Dark Sector, some things (for the player, not the characters in the game) are supposed to be assumed: Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno (if not the creator of the first Tenno) and the Orokin empire was made either after his dissapearance or he created it. Hell, even the infested existed in Dark Sector, and don't forget the influence of the Glaive in Warframe.

It may not be confirmed, but you cant say that Dark Sector definitely isn't canon. It wouldn't make sense.

Edited by IANOBW