Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Misson Item] Weapon Drop Pod

Elestor

Idea : 

To have an ability that allows you to call a ship (same ship as one as extraction) that drops down a Tenno POD  durring mission . (Preferably by pressing a key on the keyboard)

The ability charges from the start of the mission so you cannot call when you want , only 1 time during mission. 

POD : 

- gives you the abilty to change your loadout mid game

- has 1 weapon slot by default

- weapon slots can be unlocked by platinum (15 platinum )

- Inside the slots you can put 1 weapon type (primary , secondary or melee)

- Pod also has ITEM slots  , 1 by default 

- more item slots can be unlocked by paying (5 platinum )

Note : Weapons inside the slots will always have the default A apparance and the default A customization mod setup. It cannot be changed. 

Changes are permanent

"ok ... so WHY ????"

Well :

-imagine your in missions such as defence and you need more ammo because you used up or forgot to attach additional ammo 

-Imagine your in the void and you took the WRONG VAULT KEY 

-Imagine you didint equip the vault key. 

- Imagine you are in survival and the mobs are getting so strong your bearly scraching them or wasting too much ammo on doing so .... Call in a drop pod . Put away the vipers and the Burston and Get out the SHINY OGRIS  and BRAKK to have more FUN 

Ideas are made as inspirational material for DE.

Edited by Elestor

Yeah, let me change my Soma + Brakk to Penta + Another Brakk when I run out of ammo...

Sorry, but no. Doesn't make much sense either - pod with weapons tearing through the walls of a Grineer ship to land near us? While it can make sense on certain spots on certain tilesets, it just doesn't work everywhere.

Not everyone has Brakk . (i do own it as well, but considering others)

Didint you ever want to change your load out mid mission ?

I personally got to this idea while lvl-ing new weapons and meeting the stalker ..... hearing his taunts i always hoped i had the chance to change my loud out. 

Also  -- REALLY ? you want to call a pod while your inside a grineer ship ? 

Calling a pod automatically implies that its outdors or in a place that has access to outdoors ..... IMHO ...ofc its not ment for every mission .

But ok ,.. For EVERYWHERE , ill just say the same way you get lifesupport pods inside from the Lotus in survival 

Its plausible that the Lotus helps you out while your indoors . 

So it shouldnt be a problem.

Edited by Elestor

Oooh, but I wanted to change my loadout multiple times! But that's what you get for not planning. You got Deathmark? Take at least one strong weapon with you. Are you going on Survival or Defence? Take the weapons that'll be sufficient even for higher levels. You forgot to equip your Dragon Key? Well, that's what you get for forgetting things like that.

Angius - yes , agree with you . You mess up you pay. 

I sometimes get when im in a squad that the loadout dose not change whith what i choose before the mission. You can see the problems it may cause. Especially now with different dmg types. 

I consider it benefical to be able to change weapons 1 time during mission.  Be it to a better weapon or a worse one to lvl or for fun. 

On longer missions it comes to mind as a good. In order to optimize your play, teamwork and so on. Reasons are but there is no obligation for using it if you dont need to. 

Also 

Zergla - touche , you got me there