Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Difficult (Solo Missions) For A Casual Gamer/beginner

keskejesuis

But OP has a point : "as a new player" you shouldn't have to think about such things. And vitality and redirection aren't assured to drop. I played 20 hours before getting a vitality mod.

The warframes should scale a little with levels (like 5% health/energy per level of base health/energy)

I agree that there is a great difference in difficulty between solo and multiplayer. While the pacing is definately different when going solo, and it can be done, it is quite obvious that the game is geared to multiplayer.

Great game though

Solo is harder than multiplayer. I'm not bad at this game by any means, but I find solo quite difficult at times.

There doesn't seem to be any scaling between co-op and solo games, which means you're basically carrying the weight of four players if you're by yourself. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, and I could definitely see how it could be intentional... but I think that one could very safely say there's a big difference in difficulty between solo and co-op. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but i just busted up to Eris last night... and yet I have trouble with solo missions around Saturn or even lower. Again, maybe that's intentional, maybe you're supposed to co-op with people. The game makes it easy enough to find a squad that you can't really complain about the co-op focus.

Solo is harder than multiplayer. I'm not bad at this game by any means, but I find solo quite difficult at times.

There doesn't seem to be any scaling between co-op and solo games, which means you're basically carrying the weight of four players if you're by yourself. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, and I could definitely see how it could be intentional... but I think that one could very safely say there's a big difference in difficulty between solo and co-op. It's kind of embarrassing to admit, but i just busted up to Eris last night... and yet I have trouble with solo missions around Saturn or even lower. Again, maybe that's intentional, maybe you're supposed to co-op with people. The game makes it easy enough to find a squad that you can't really complain about the co-op focus.

Sounds like you were getting carried by people with better mods/weapons :|

Saturn is a cake walk to solo by the time you've hit eris.

Curious about the frame and strategies used, was a loki, no mods soloed all the way up to and beating tolstoj with only 2deaths in total. I don't believe I'm good, or god like. I just can't imagine any mission that can be failed with 4 people playing esepecially on Mercury. And as fo enemiesandwhiching frm behind? that's why you don't make your defensive position a door, get a corner or a wall. And usually back-spawns occur only if you kill too slowly or forgot to clear the room entirely before moving on (AI does get caught in the side rooms and can take a while to reach you, that is a flaw, 100%)

Sounds like you were getting carried by people with better mods/weapons :|

Saturn is a cake walk to solo by the time you've hit eris.

I suppose that's the logical thing to assume, but I was routinely doing the highest damage out of the whole group by a significant margin, as well as performing at or above the rest of the team. I guess that's some empirical proof that I don't suck. My self-respect isn't tied into my performance in games, which I may or may not be good at, but I honestly find that I'm pretty good at Warframe. Maybe I just need to adapt my solo strategies, but that doesn't even start negate the entire point -- which is that solo is harder than co-op. (And, note, my performance in co-op is because it's co-op, the Loki lends itself to that, I find... outside, it would be difficult, require different strategies, and so on...) Again, there doesn't seem to be a difference between the level or enemies on co-op and solo. It seems pretty apparent, honestly, even outside of the question of my own skill.

EDIT: Also, epic fail on my part. I did not mean Saturn when I said Saturn (3-8 to start with? really? yeah, that's easy). I was thinking of rather higher level locations, yeah.

Edited by Imseti

Until you get Vitality and/or Redirection solo play can be incredibly hard. The thing is that new players don't know about these mods and likely won't look out for them / farm them.

On the other hand, as soon as you have them, nothing stops you from meleeing a group of 15 grineer without any problem.

I can understand the OP. After the first missions it can get pretty tough until you learn how to play the game.

Problem is, without proper informations, we cannot give you tips how to handle these tough situations. What frame u use?, what weapons? wich mods? wich missions are you talking about? How good is your gamepplay (moving, shooting, enemy awareness, knowledge of enemy types and their weaknesses, how good is your execution?)

I dont play warframe that long but here are the steps i would do if i had to start from scratch:

-Pick Excalibur as first frame (Easy to use, great skills, overall very good for beginners)

-complete the first 3 missions

-Farm mission 3 on mercury till you have 10000 credits (thats the mission where you just have to kill grineer. This missions doesnt respawn enemys, because it has only has a set amount of enemys wich you have to kill to complete the mission. You know when you killed all the enemys in the room and all the enemys on the map, wich makes this really save).

-Buy the braton for your 10k credits (this gun is very similar to your starting rifle but can dish out way more damage due to the higher fire rate)

- kill the first boss to get your blueprin for your new sword and build that in the forge.

- farm the boss or mission 3 (if the boss is too hard) till you get eighter the vitality or redirection mod (wich increases health or shield).

With these uprgades you are pretty much set for everything saturn has to offer, and should pick everything you need up on the way to advance further.

No....

What would be the purpose for teams and bosses if you can still solo them. There have to be levels you cant solo to actually force people to work together.

No game should force you to work together. Especially a game that has a mode called SOLO. They need to get a base difficulty that is possible to solo and then scale that with the number of players in a game. A lot of games do that, so it shouldn't be all that hard.

No game should force you to work together. Especially a game that has a mode called SOLO. They need to get a base difficulty that is possible to solo and then scale that with the number of players in a game. A lot of games do that, so it shouldn't be all that hard.

All that hard xD srly. Its still doeable. But I dont see a point in creating a COOP game if everything is possible to do solo. Do you ask for for nerfs on a instance in an MMO just because you cant solo it? I dont think so. And just because there is a solo option doesnt mean that every freakin mission has to be soloable. Why should anyone form groups if they can beat everything alone. Doesnt make sense at all....

I slightly agree with what you say. I'm not "new" in any way considering that I was in Closed Beta, however, I am jsut coming back, and just coming back to it, I'm finding it very difficult compared to how it used to be. Even with the Bow and Pistols, it's starting to get very difficult to make it through levels, especially assassinations, and mods seem to be few and far between, and they're never mods for weapons that I use. For example.. I get rifle mods left and right.. yet I'm not using a rifle.

Edited by Prettyfox

I slightly agree with what you say. I'm not "new" in any way considering that I was in Closed Beta, however, I am jsut coming back, and just coming back to it, I'm finding it very difficult compared to how it used to be. Even with the Bow and Pistols, it's starting to get very difficult to make it through levels, especially assassinations, and mods seem to be few and far between, and they're never mods for weapons that I use. For example.. I get rifle mods left and right.. yet I'm not using a rifle.

rifle mods works on the paris (aka the bow), since there is no "bow" catagory or sniper catagory anymore when it comes to mods rifle mods are for sniper rifles and bows.

I seriously...have little to no idea what any of the people complaining are talking about.

I've been mainly a solo player in this game and many others. Before the update, I ran solo fine with a few challenge bumps here and there. After the update, I still ran them fine.

Enemy spawns DO scale depending on how many people are in the group. I've seen it and realized it with my own eyes.

Bosses aren't meant to be soloed (though they can be if you know their weaknesses), so sitting here wailing about bosses being too hard makes me rofl. They're called BOSSES for a damned reason.

Defense mode was purely meant for group play (Though I've soloed one till wave 10). Why do you think they put the cryopod literally smack dab in the middle of an area where it can easily be surrounded? Wailing about its solo difficulty is also laughable.

If you're going to solo, either learn how to aim for headshots or learn how to use every weapon at your disposal so you don't run out of ammo. You have a primary, secondary, melee, and a set of abilities. You also have gear slots - if your favored weapon is an ammo hog, buy some damn ammo boxes for it if you're soloing. Easiest fix in the universe.

Do NOT sit here and try to make DE think that solo mode is too hard and must be nerfed. I enjoy actually having the odds against me - enjoy being surrounded and needing to use my skills and wits to survive. Nerfing solo mode for those who can't or won't acclimate to its difficulty in comparison to full games would ruin the mode for those of us who enjoy it and built our frames and loadouts to accomodate for it.

I seriously...have little to no idea what any of the people complaining are talking about.

I've been mainly a solo player in this game and many others. Before the update, I ran solo fine with a few challenge bumps here and there. After the update, I still ran them fine.

Enemy spawns DO scale depending on how many people are in the group. I've seen it and realized it with my own eyes.

Bosses aren't meant to be soloed (though they can be if you know their weaknesses), so sitting here wailing about bosses being too hard makes me rofl. They're called BOSSES for a damned reason.

Defense mode was purely meant for group play (Though I've soloed one till wave 10). Why do you think they put the cryopod literally smack dab in the middle of an area where it can easily be surrounded? Wailing about its solo difficulty is also laughable.

If you're going to solo, either learn how to aim for headshots or learn how to use every weapon at your disposal so you don't run out of ammo. You have a primary, secondary, melee, and a set of abilities. You also have gear slots - if your favored weapon is an ammo hog, buy some damn ammo boxes for it if you're soloing. Easiest fix in the universe.

Do NOT sit here and try to make DE think that solo mode is too hard and must be nerfed. I enjoy actually having the odds against me - enjoy being surrounded and needing to use my skills and wits to survive. Nerfing solo mode for those who can't or won't acclimate to its difficulty in comparison to full games would ruin the mode for those of us who enjoy it and built our frames and loadouts to accomodate for it.

I don't think anyone ever said Solo should be nerfed.

It doesn't allow me to put the mods on my bow though.

if you dont have the mod capacity you cant equip a mod so that might be the problem but it should show up in the bottom bar of the mod page for your weapon when in there to fiddle with mods and your capacity should show up in the top right (how much you have left) and in the top left (how much you can use over all)

if you dont have the mod capacity you cant equip a mod so that might be the problem but it should show up in the bottom bar of the mod page for your weapon when in there to fiddle with mods and your capacity should show up in the top right (how much you have left) and in the top left (how much you can use over all)

Considering there are no mods on it at all, the mods are common and low cost, and my bow is level 9, I don't think its lack of capacity.

Considering there are no mods on it at all, the mods are common and low cost, and my bow is level 9, I don't think its lack of capacity.

still something i would check, course my friend uses nothing but the bow unless hes doing infested missions and he uses rifle mods in it and even when i had it i put rifle mods in it.

Soloing in begining of the game is actually easier compared to later on but still kinda rough...untill get your gear to lvl 10ish and can actually slot a few decent mods. But one of major things prevents alot of new players from doing well are 2 mods seem to be ultra rare...

1: Vitality, its so vital to staying alive... and not getting it can be detrimental to your play through... i didnt get a vit mod till almost end of mercury...

2: Redirection: i cant tell you how this mod changed my experiences solo... i went from struggling with missions to making them manageable because the buffer of hp was a HUGE leap and bound better!

Worse thing is was in to my 20's before i found a redirection mod... these two mods are SO vital to the game i really encourage devs to make these mods quest rewards and boost there drop rate! because right now i have had a total of ONE redirection mod drop, and have had to use fusion mods to level it up...

Still things really will make you rage solo... coming into a tight coordor... with 3 heavy greenier gunners... or walking into a vent with a napalm guy... or opening a door to 3 toxic ancients... stuff like this needs to be toned back i feel for solo play least for first couple of zones. While i am now starting to reach max level on amm my chosen gear, and mods starting to slowly creep up in level... one thing i noticed was this weird randomness in the levels where i'd get swamped by 3 or 4 of the heavies... and just get wrecked!

I do love grouping but i feel like grouping also makes levels way to easy... only time i group seems to be for hyena/jackle mission as most of the others i can manage on my own. NOT to say i dont enjoy grouping as i play with my friend alot. I just feel like some of the randomness in levels needs to be tweaked to insure that solo players arent throw a scenario would probably give some groups some pause, if not kill someone.

Soloing in begining of the game is actually easier compared to later on but still kinda rough...untill get your gear to lvl 10ish and can actually slot a few decent mods. But one of major things prevents alot of new players from doing well are 2 mods seem to be ultra rare...

1: Vitality, its so vital to staying alive... and not getting it can be detrimental to your play through... i didnt get a vit mod till almost end of mercury...

2: Redirection: i cant tell you how this mod changed my experiences solo... i went from struggling with missions to making them manageable because the buffer of hp was a HUGE leap and bound better!

Worse thing is was in to my 20's before i found a redirection mod... these two mods are SO vital to the game i really encourage devs to make these mods quest rewards and boost there drop rate! because right now i have had a total of ONE redirection mod drop, and have had to use fusion mods to level it up...

Still things really will make you rage solo... coming into a tight coordor... with 3 heavy greenier gunners... or walking into a vent with a napalm guy... or opening a door to 3 toxic ancients... stuff like this needs to be toned back i feel for solo play least for first couple of zones. While i am now starting to reach max level on amm my chosen gear, and mods starting to slowly creep up in level... one thing i noticed was this weird randomness in the levels where i'd get swamped by 3 or 4 of the heavies... and just get wrecked!

I do love grouping but i feel like grouping also makes levels way to easy... only time i group seems to be for hyena/jackle mission as most of the others i can manage on my own. NOT to say i dont enjoy grouping as i play with my friend alot. I just feel like some of the randomness in levels needs to be tweaked to insure that solo players arent throw a scenario would probably give some groups some pause, if not kill someone.

dont know if its just me, but having vitality with a steel fiber mod aswell does wonders for soloing i just got my shield mod and thats after unlocking almost all of ceres. dont know if its course i use a rhino this is a thing but i never really use iron skin unless im really surrounded and even then a few swings of a melee weapon can get you out of that

I honestly have no trouble with solo missions. Every now and then I've got a mission failure but it's rare.

I can only infer why people are having difficulty:

1. Mods. Many people don't seem to understand this (simple) mechanic. I found it quite intuitive.

2. Platinum. People spend money on stuff thinking that the game is pay to win, only to get wrecked by the lowliest enemies.

3. Skill. I'm not saying 'you suck', I'm saying you need to re-evaluate what you're doing and adapt and overcome.