Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puncture Melee Weapons Other Than Daggers And The Jaw Sword Should Exist, Such As Javelins And Spears [Visual Examples And Animations Included]

Robitron

I posted this in reddit and the fan ideas area, but I have been told this is the place to put these. enjoy.

At the moment, the only melee weapons that do primarily puncture damage are daggers and the jaw sword. to rectify this, I suggest adding in spears. these would require a new type of attack animation to work properly: a lunge, that would hit targets in front of the player, but would also hit every target in range of it's attack, fully going though targets in the way. Adding spears would also add interesting charge attack mechanics as seen below. Other specs are included in the pictures below.

uKJRX9s.png

cprm1Q7.gif

ygp0jLo.png

NnIlHZq.gif

Edited by Robitron

For Concepts go to Fan Concepts area, methinks. HOWEVER this is the place for suggestions, and suggesting more Puncture melee weapons and suggesting straight-up Spear weapons gets all of my yes. Love this, +1.

I like spears a lot..prob my favorite weapon next to swords but i dont agree with only doing attacks in front of you..spears can also do a wide range of attacks and is very versatile and limiting the attacks to just in front of you undermines what spears are about. As long as they have the wide range of attacks i say yes.

I like spears a lot..prob my favorite weapon next to swords but i dont agree with only doing attacks in front of you..spears can also do a wide range of attacks and is very versatile and limiting the attacks to just in front of you undermines what spears are about. As long as they have the wide range of attacks i say yes.

Absolutely, I simply wanted to point out that a lunge attack mechanic would need to be implimented. With how melee 2.0 will work, I would be very surprised if any weapon had a single type of attack animation.

I'd also like to see... Ugh... It's called "Nadziak" in my language... Kind of a one-handed hammer, with long handle, one side blunt and a spike on the other side.

Edit: Isn't it called horseman's pick?

Kind of like what I submitted for Community Meele Concept: Pic's too big to post it normally

Or just a classic version:
05-001887001_1295556211291.jpg

Though, I must agree - we need spears, true medium-range weapons besides some fancy Orthos and Jat Kittag. There is a huge lack of puncture meele.

Edited by Angius

Absolutely, I simply wanted to point out that a lunge attack mechanic would need to be implimented. With how melee 2.0 will work, I would be very surprised if any weapon had a single type of attack animation.

Oh ok yes i do agree spears need to be implemented.. they have every other weapon type might as well put them in also..surprised they havent yet..they closest thing to a spear i use in game is orthos. I do hope the mechanics fit spears like you said.

these a great +1, i particularly like the teleporting javelin

an idea ive always had is technocyte javelin, that forms a javelin for you basically from 'nothing' via nanites

the actual weapon u hold is basically a hollow cylindrical type object and it forms a new javelin everytime after u throw one

that solves the return problem of javelins and it could have a cool graphic effect forming a new javelin