Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Got An Idea For A New Frame And Need Help

weromty1

U change the name into Talos, a broze giant who guarded the island Crete in Greek myth

Actually, I was unaware that was his name. Looking it up, curiously enough, his name is "Talos" or "Talon". So the original name actually fits.

Cretian coin featuring him, named "Talon": or, specifically, ΤΑΛΩΝ. Which is spelled "Talon", but pronounced "Tal-own"

Didrachm_Phaistos_obverse_CdM.jpg

I have an idea for your first skill, that would probably fit with the "Gunner" concept more:

Suppress (WIP name, feel free to name it whatever you want): Talon activates a shoulder-mounted turret for a certain duration that automatically attacks any enemies to the side or behind him if there are any. If there are no enemies to the side or behind him, the turret will simply lay down suppressing fire to any enemies in front of Talos.

So basically, the turret has priority on enemies outside your field of view, and then targets any remaining baddies for you. It's duration based, so probably a base time of 15s would seem adequate? The turret wouldn't do too much damage, but it would have a high fire rate. I feel this would fit in line with the "fortress" theme that Llyssa suggested with the nest of turrets.

I like this better than the grenade--had suggested the grenade based on the original concept.

Additionally, this is something like the ult weromty was talking about. Same rough concept, but more in line with the suggested power level.

I think it should be perhaps two turrets, though, one on each shoulder--if there's only one, we get issues when it comes to firing through the head.

In keeping with earlier theme, it would make sense if it did swarm missiles--dozens of high-speed projectils that did small AoE blast damage with 100% proc chance. The slowing effect wouldn't be needed, since this would just re-proc on anyone who manages to stand up The duration could be merely based on missile number--base of 40 missiles(20 per side). Fire rate should be like one per second per turret base(for general suppression), alternating between turrets, but with the independent rear guard. That way, in a forward-facing battle,it would strike once every 1/2 second, and if it targets flankers, it's 1 second between attacks.

The average standing animation for enemies is roughly 1 second, so this means that any flankers would be repeatedly KD'd until they were dispatched or Talon ran out of missiles.

While that may sound stronger than a #1 skill, it's not really much different than Nova's null star, but would have lower damage per-missile for balance, as it's meant to be used primarily for the KD effect, not the damage. I think this would solidify him as a heavy gunner, and give a more useful base skill.

The shoulder-mounted turret would be slightly elevated above the head, in order to avoid clipping issues

Like so:

1334516-1273572989_warmachine01f.jpg

The swarm missiles are a good idea, although I do personally find it a bit overkill. It does however, fit nicely with the frame's theme.

The shoulder-mounted turret would be slightly elevated above the head, in order to avoid clipping issues

Like so:

img

The swarm missiles are a good idea, although I do personally find it a bit overkill. It does however, fit nicely with the frame's theme.

Would it still be overkill If the missiles only did like 30 damage each?

• 2 weeks later...

Wooow!! so many ideas, thanks to everybody for all your sugestions, frankly its refreshing to know that the original name actually fits, thanks for that Quatrez and Llyssa, also I really like Darknightk's idea about the shoulder mounted gun but what Llyssa sugested about the missiles actually fits a bit better since the 3rd skill gives you an actual minigun, I played fossa recently and realized the jackal launches some sort of missiles to attack players, this can be moded to work with such a skill, I imagine a back mounted missile rack instead that fires swarm missiles, since I have been no good stats-wise, how would you pice together such a skill, also I imagine it could be the ult. any sugestions?

Also the greek background made me think about a mix as Llyssa sugested between the german like soldier suits and the greek hoplites, something like an additional spartan looking helmet of some sort. I guess it would be a very cool and mean loking frame :P

Thanks to everyone for your support and ideas!!

Edited by weromty1