The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Must Be Fast Because He Is A Tank

Garuger

More and more i see post like : Nerf Rhino with X helmet because he is too fast and X frame cant keep up with.

And that is wrong tanks must be fast because it is their role . Let me explain the pure purpose of a tank is to go first against the enemy  so the infantry be able to infiltrate and destroy the enemy easier and with less casualties .Thus Rhino being fast is a strategic advancement that helps the team more that being in the back.So stop with the nerf posts because you have no idea about strategies that being used for quite some time .Also  believe frost should be also fast like rhino prime at 1.0 

Better explanation is this : Well the normal role of a tank is shock action. They can destroy the enemy who hold ground, but the infantry need to actually physically seize and hold the ground. A tank can't "hold" ground. They support each other, in the sense that tanks can advance under fire, infantry cannot (without massive losses). And the Inf can then be fighting force that fills and holds the void that the tank creates. A tank can't hold ground the same way Inf can because they are large targets, most often "above ground" (as opposed to Inf who can be dug in with overhead protection. 

Edit : Same goes for the helm of Saryn she is tanky too 

2 edit : Removing stats helm will only apply we receive and create from the update will come with it and it wont affect current helms.The reason for that is that if they removed helm stats from already excist helms they should refound us the recources we used to make but that is impossible because some people have bought them thus they cant determine if helms were bought or created 

Edited by Garuger

Please mention the Hemlock Saryn helmet too. I won't survive without it!

Besides, they said anyone who possess a helmet with stats WILL get to keep it with the stats on, but all new helmets will not have stats. That is, after future update, Hemlocks and Vanguards obtained after it won't have stats

Let's hope our helmets are safe.

Edited by ConcretePie

Besides, they said anyone who possess a helmet with stats WILL get to keep it with the stats on, but all new helmets will not have stats. That is, after future update, Hemlocks and Vanguards obtained after it won't have stats

I wish the hemlock stats can roll over to the normal saryn helmet, it just looks better to me.

Dammit he's not a tank he's a juggernaut!

unstoppable force =iron skin? Headbutts the enemy = charge?

Come on it's so obvious ......

His purpose is to prepare the ground for the infantry to claim the ground 

IRL rhinos and tanks are fast, but depending on the tank i guess.

I am talking mostly for the  German usage that they did in ww2 were they broke the lines with tanks 

Edited by Garuger

Saryn helm mentioned she is kinda tanky also :D

Fine. Then make him like that.

Remove all damage powers or buffs and add powers that draw aggro to him.

You cant have a frame that outpreforms 75% of the competition in all areas, it doesn't work and I don't understand why people think it does.

I don't give a bumble bee what he is called, that's not okay. I own a rhino, I play without vanguard because it is ugly. I already feel OP as a t-rex with chainsaw arms, I can hardly imagine it with vanguard.

Edited by Letter13
language

You cant have a frame that outpreforms 75% of the competition in all areas, it doesn't work and I don't understand why people think it does.

I don't give a bumble bee what he is called, that's not okay. I own a rhino, I play without vanguard because it is ugly. I already feel OP as a t-rex with chainsaw arms, I can hardly imagine it with vanguard.

Lol rhino op? what do you play mercury?Srs rhino is the most balanced warframe and his iron skin already draws agro .As they say rhino is jack of all trades but master of none 

Lol rhino op? what do you play mercury?Srs rhino is the most balanced warframe and his iron skin already draws agro .As they say rhino is jack of all trades but master of none 

That argument doesn't hold up.

I have played for only one month less then you.

You can deny it all you want, but the power gap is pretty freaking obvious.

Also, nice edits letter7+6, sorry about that :<

That argument doesn't hold up.

I have played for only one month less then you.

You can deny it all you want, but the power gap is pretty freaking obvious.

Also, nice edits letter7+6, sorry about that :<

There is not a power gap play Rhino at a high survival grineer ata around 40~50 min + his iron skin is depleted instantly and that is with a 2 from the top blind rage . You consider him op because maybe you have played him in lower level areas and not in high ones .For high ones you need trinity not RHino 

Edited by Garuger

More and more i see post like : Nerf Rhino with X helmet because he is too fast and X frame cant keep up with.

And that is wrong tanks must be fast because it is their role . Let me explain the pure purpose of a tank is to go first against the enemy  so the infantry be able to infiltrate and destroy the enemy easier and with less casualties .Thus Rhino being fast is a strategic advancement that helps the team more that being in the back.So stop with the nerf posts because you have no idea about strategies that being used for quite some time .Also  believe frost should be also fast like rhino prime at 1.0 

So much wrong with this. Tank doesnt need speed to rush with rest of the team. If team really needs a tank they should regroup 1st then let him go aggro everything, then they actually need higher speed than tank to get to positions faster. All tank should have is teleport/charge or cc ability and rhino have both.

Theres no need for tank to be fast and theres no need for tank at all in warframe.

So much wrong with this. Tank doesnt need speed to rush with rest of the team. If team really needs a tank they should regroup 1st then let him go aggro everything, then they actually need higher speed than tank to get to positions faster. All tank should have is teleport/charge or cc ability and rhino have both.

Theres no need for tank to be fast and theres no need for tank at all in warframe.

There is a second explanation below that that it explains better 

I don't give a bumble bee what he is called, that's not okay. I own a rhino, I play without vanguard because it is ugly. I already feel OP as a t-rex with chainsaw arms, I can hardly imagine it with vanguard.

go up against lvl 1XX mobs lets see what you out perfrom there, rhino only seems to out perfrom low to mid tiers at high teirs due to him being strength based duration based frames out perform him.

There is a second explanation below that that it explains better 

Better explanation is this : Well the normal role of a tank is shock action. They can destroy the enemy who hold ground, but the infantry need to actually physically seize and hold the ground. A tank can't "hold" ground. They support each other, in the sense that tanks can advance under fire, infantry cannot (without massive losses). And the Inf can then be fighting force that fills and holds the void that the tank creates. A tank can't hold ground the same way Inf can because they are large targets, most often "above ground" (as opposed to Inf who can be dug in with overhead protection. 

This is also bad metaphor, if you consider rhino a literal tank then volt is tank destroyer, loki is scout car, nekros is troop carrier and zephyr is heavily armored jet fighter(to the point of being more armored than rhino and it doesnt make sense at all).

Out of these heavy tank is still slowest.

Edited by Davoodoo

go up against lvl 1XX mobs lets see what you out perfrom there, rhino only seems to out perfrom low to mid tiers at high teirs due to him being strength based duration based frames out perform him.

^^^ This exactly 

Go up against 1XXXX mobs and see how strong your weapon is, following your logic soma is on par with mk1.

Dont take endless missions as content.

Edited by Davoodoo

Go up against 1XXXX mobs and see how strong your weapon is, following your logic soma is on par with mk1.

Dont take endless missions as content.

So much this.

People tell DE to balance around ENDLESS defense or survival.

It's flipping endless with endless scaling. Balancing towards infinity is idiotic. 

The only reason you feel like it should be this way is that it's currently your "end game". 

Well, I can tell you this...DE has released three different "End Game"s previously. Void, Nightmare mode, and Derelict missions. You ask me, warframes should be balanced around TIII levels (50 or so on normal missions, I refuse to count endless missions)

Your argument is idiotic because you are comparing rhino to a vehicle and the other frames to infantry. Tanks are relatively slow given that their top speed is 60mph when a Humvee's max speed is 113.

So if I give Rhino/Frost a tank role at 1.0 base speed and I give frames with mobility/stealth abilities twice that given your military vehicles comparison it is quite just that I give them 2.0 base speed.

I don't care what "strategies" you have come up with due to rhino having a stupidly strong helmet that gets rid of his only flaw. Would you give Loki rhino's shields health and armor of course you wouldn't. So why give Rhino Loki's speed?

I'll make this easy, when Zerg rushing was a thing in StarCraft, people hopped on the bandwagon and since it was so little skill to so much reward it was what people did. And when it was taken away, people didn't know how to function. What you're arguing for is DE to keep imbalanced mechanics around because people have "strategies" made around them.

When someone can be the fastest frame, and make absolutely no sacrifices for it, something is wrong. If you tell me a 5% decrease in your power is a sacrifice I will ask. Is a fight automatically over because one side has 95 people and the other has 100?

The fastest frame, Loki has low shields and health but incredible distraction diversion and disabling abilities

Second Fastest frame is broken and will not be mentioned

3rd Fastest frame is a tie. One being Ash a stealth, damage, survivalist frame with high HP and in need of tweaks, Next is Zephyr with incredible mobility, a self defense and destructive ability.and apparently isn't as durable as her HP/Shields suggest

None of those frames are tanks. Before you mention Ash being a survivalist, that comes directly from his stealth ability.

Pretty much this.  And you see this behavior when content can actually hurt the players instead of players just slaughtering it.  They slow down, start to work as a team, and the more survivable frames lead the way.

Of course, weapons with the current mod system go through the roof, Efficiency is overpowered, and the game constantly encourages us to do lower level content, all of which means that the best defense is typically just a good offense.

Also, if you do want to try and equate Rhino with real world tanks and others to infantry, then Rhino should be the one wanting to slow down for the infantry, because enemy infantry takes him out if his isn't there to support him.  So basically, trash mobs should do 10x the damage to Rhinos to simulate that ;)

Edited by Axterix13