The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why My Main Frames Are Females, How Weird It Is And One Last Buff For Ember

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Now that more people have been asking for the ability to change the gender of Warframes i got to say: that would be Handy.

You see DE mentioned once that they didnt want to add voices or remove the helmet off the warframes so people could feel that they are in the Warframe, that they are the ones inside the warframe to help immersion. Is not a bad idea, in fact is pretty good but the problema is that how am i suposed to feel like im the one in the Warframe if said warframe is a very ahem... developed woman (Saryn breast OP).

Especially when your like me and prefer Warframes that are actually creative and fun like my three mains: Valkyr because doing the spiderman as a space ninja rocks and cant wait to see what will bring Melee 2.0 on her, Ember cause some just want to see the world burn and Saryn to turn enemies in big piles of goo, special mentions goes to Nova and her aNTIMATTER dROP EXPLOTIONS and teleport and Nyx cause mind@(*()$ is fun.

On the other hand most of the male frames are kinda... meh. The only ones that are interresting and inventive are Vauban, Nekros and Volt, and Loki but hes not really my thing. The rest either only have 1 skill useful or theyr skills arent that well put togueter. Examples:

- Rhino, you know how hard is to see a Rhino that actually helps? not just stoping to his hearts content? not imposible but as rare as Vauban alerts.

- Excalibur just feels awkward, sure his Blind is like God tier CC but thats it, Super jump is only good for trolling whit Heavy impact and Zephir does it much better, Slash dash is nothing especial and his ult is only usefull whit the Bullet Attractor combo. If i want a Warframe that is good at close quarter combat i would keep my Saryn thank you.

- Frost only usefull ability is Snow Glove and MAYBE Avalanche but thats really streching it. If i want to slow and damage enemies might as well cast snowglove again, cost half the energy and its has more utility, same whit his other two abilities.

- Ash is ok i guess, waiting to see how Melee 2.0 will affect him.

Thankfully whit the appearance of Oberon and inclusions of Volt, Nekros and Vauban the male frames are starting to look better.

Beside i cant be the only one who wants to see a Female Rhino. Am i?

Now ON TO THE EMBER BUFF!

Ember, pyromaniac's wet (or hot) dream in warframe. A caster frame cnetered around dealing as much damage as posible. I mean come on shes a hot chicken lady who can turn anything she touches into ashes in seconds, how can you go wrong whit that?

Ember was the first frame i crafted (after dropping Rhino cause he was "meh" for me) and has been my go to frame for anything from Events, alerts and now the void. We have gone trhough hell and back but will admit i know why so many people hate her.

Shes still god tier when it comes to Infested busting but for the rest her damage can be surpassed by any high lv weapon (Boar prime, soma, Supra), to add insult to injury she has this awkward combination of stats: normally if a warframe is squishy its pretty fast (Nova, Loki), the balanced ones who arent the fastes or the tankies but are very well rounded (Ash, Excalibur, Nekros) and then the tanks who are slow as F*** but almost indestructible (Frost, Rhino) but after thousands of missions i feel Ember is a bit low on stats for how slow she really is, specially sinc she is suposed to run around bruning people whit WoF.

Worst still she had no real mean of CC, accelerant helped whit a small stun and increased fire damage but there are a few things that could help her:

- Make World on Fire increase her movement speed while active, i do have almots maxed Rush on my Ember but i think she should be naturally faster to get the most out of this ult.

- Fireblast may be buggy, its suposed to deal DoT to enemies that walk into the flame right after the cast but for me i have seen Tech and Crewmen walking around the fire blast and not getting any damage after the initial Fire proc once they enter.

- Turn fireblast into her first skill and remove fireball, is kinda useless at the momento. Now as a third ability why not something on the lines of "Fiery Dinner" or "flame feeding". Once cast Ember gains HP by a set amount + an increased % per burning enemy, max +100%. Afer making Fireblast actually burn enemies that are walking inside the ring you could use it as a oh S#&$ button to get some hp back from enemies in CQC.

- Ember feels like she belongs to melee combat rather than range so maybe buffing her Shields and Hp a bit would be Handy.

I like Ember not only cause i want to see everything in the screen burn to death but also cause unlike other caster frames Ember feels like she wants to not just burn everything but also she wants to be there and watching first hand how her enemies cry for help as their skin melts away. And i just noticed how morbid that sounds... but shes a Fire Chicken Space Ninja what you expected?

Thats all for me, as always leave your comment for either theme and if you want thump up this threat too.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

@Plasmaface Not just utility but better theme and creativity overall. Like Ember shes a Flame Chicke Space Ninja (how you even...), Mag is master of magnetism, Nova and her op &#! (and her skills are very creative too), Saryn and all her poisonous swang.

When you look at the males though: Frost is only good for his snowglove, Ash feels like missed potential (waiting for Melee 2.0 see if he changes), Even Oberón is kinda weird, like why he has higher high heels than Saryn, how you even!

Rhino is saved cause of how over the top he is, Nekros is good though i feel he could have been much more, Loki is pretty good, Volt is fun and Vauban is god, in fact lets call him Deus Ex Vauban, because Ogris is silent.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist