Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Prime Time #23!

[DE]Megan

I saw the topic just prior of going to sleep, and still had no time for watching the stream live as usual (that, and twitch mocks up frequently on my computer)

I'm still shocked and in awe how the low production quality of my submission stood a chance against the rest, apart from the majority of electronic music being sent in and nominated. Not only that, but I even thought that just because I used lyrics, it would be a no-go as it wouldn't fit a background primetime tune. I tried nonetheless - it was quite a while ago since last I recorded something, and it was a fun process nonetheless.

And then the most unbelievable thing happened as I watched primetime this (my) forenoon on youtube, seeing Rebecca's face lighting up as realization struck when Megan stumbled over my name, grabbing the piece of paper... *speechless*

I again apologize for not only the low quality of my song, but also that some of it's vibe got lost during the stream recording, all the stereo effects from panning out effects and vocals were compressed into a mono channel, and the echo, both of which also diluted UnmaskedMark's track. Which, by the way, I found very catchy! Great job there! :)
I would have picked a different electronic tune from the playlist, but since they are on a PLAYLIST... thankfully this is a convenient way to keep all tracks going :)

*me rambling about more about the crappy song, and how I'm going to flesh this "demo" into a full song*

Currently I get my hands going on post production for the song, because I cannot stand the way it is mixed. Incredibly crappy, and this all jumped me in the middle of the gruesome process of completely reworking my guitar sound, which is the reason why it is so extremely muddy on the track. The only thing I am happy with is the excessive overdubbing working out pretty well. Considering I had only a window of opportunity for about less than 2 hours to record every voice, and doing this recording only to a metronome and the original bass-line with no other backing note to latch on to, I'm grateful that it I didn't miss as hard (still missed a bit, as Banshee knows)... there was no chance to re-record it before deadline.

After that, I still consider it a "demo." The actual song should be 4 to 5 minutes long, less hectic ((180bpm instead of the current 200 one, just to FIT it into 1:59 )) and cover all the rest I couldn't deliver in terms of lyrics. I left nothing untouched. Bosses, Factions, Missions, Lore. But sadly I could only condense half of it to still fit the time limit!

And to top it off, in the last hour of arranging as I split the midi-tracks from the drum mapping into several pieces for the stereo panning and applying generic equalizer settings, some things got screwed up and some drum hits are where they should not be.

And despite all this, I scored top 3? I still cannot believe it, and probably only REALLY will do when I see " 1001 " instead of " 1 " Platinum ingame. That means investing for more testing to do and more bug reports to jot down! Because Beta is Beta! :D

Thanks for everyone looking behind the shoddy coat and enjoying an upbeat thing of questionable humour - at least it made some smile :)

(( by the way, since the origin of the nickname is not rooted in the English language, the correct pronunciation would be "Coon-Vee-El" , as opposed to "Coon-Vai-El" as most English speakers do, so there you go, no more tongue twisters XD ))

Congrats to all the winners. 

I might try participate in this next contest for once. A screen-shot of you and your favorite melee weapon in earth, and you have to be alone. No enemies or allies around. Sounds simple enough.

Contest is to get your favorite frame and favorite melee weapon and go to Earth. You must take a screenshot in the forests of Earth with NO enemies and NO team mates. Just you and your favorite melee weapon and frame. It's to bring last memories of melee 1.0. I'm doing Zephyr and Dakra Prime. What're you all doing?

I was thinking the same thing actually.

So I guess it is time to finally get grounded in reality - 1001 Platinum blinked on my profile ingame. It actually happened.

I would tip my hat to everyone supporting my entry, but I don't have one, so take a firm handshake / hug / bow of your preference instead!

As a token of my appreciation, I do not want to let this earbleeding piece continue to exist, and am currently working to properly edit and remaster it. Once that is done, I'll post it on soundcloud and send a notification so that it might be swapped out from the Tenno-Tunes playlist.

After that is done I'll probably look forward to do a complete overhaul by recording everything anew, and this time doing the full ~5 minute song with a bit less of a neckbreaking tempo.

I'm very humbled by all the overwhelming, positive feedback I've received so far on all possible ends, and I absolutely agree with the negative feedback of "sounds like crap, and dude can't sing" - because it is true! :D Definitely not my best performance and an atrocious job of editing.

*sends Warframeslowers*

Contest is to get your favorite frame and favorite melee weapon and go to Earth. You must take a screenshot in the forests of Earth with NO enemies and NO team mates. Just you and your favorite melee weapon and frame. It's to bring last memories of melee 1.0. I'm doing Zephyr and Dakra Prime. What're you all doing?