Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've Been Hearing Word About Boltor Prime (In Comparison, Does Braton Prime Need A Buff?)

LoGicMoTion

-Snipe-

Yes, because you are ignoring everything other than modified base, such as fire-rate status effects and magazine size.

What really places the other primes ahead of the braton prime is that they are usually superior upgrades in terms of non-damage characteristics such as accuracy, rof, crit chances, etc over their non-prime counterparts.  But in terms of the damage boost metric, the braton prime falls right in line with most primes.

That is the wrong metric to use. Braton prime doesn't even exceed the DPS or TTK range of a mastery 2 weapon. Braton prime does not beat the median for non-mastery ranked secondary pistol.

Edited by LazyKnight

The braton deserve no buff.

Just because the boltor gets introduce as the highest dealing rifle,

doesn't mean the the primes need to keep up with it.

I can easily get to 50 minutes on t3 survival with the braton and still manage to keep my kills up

All it takes is some forma & good modding.

Thats it. Thats all.

Buff unnecessary.

BOLTOR:  24-54 = 125% boost

Latron Prime can get as much as 16k DPS(not counting status effects), Burston prime can easily get 13k (not counting status effects). Paris prime has 12k DPS and Boar prime has 17K DPS(36k burst).  The highest Braton prime can get is 8kDPS.

Lets see, the two weakest rifles are Boltor and Braton they could have their stats doubled and they wouldn't match the average DPS of a pistol.

Edited by LazyKnight

Latron Prime can get as much as 16k DPS(not counting status effects), Burston prime can easily get 13k (not counting status effects). Paris prime has 12k DPS and Boar prime has 17K DPS(36k burst).  The highest Braton prime can get is 8kDPS.

Lets see, the two weakest rifles are Boltor and Braton they could have their stats doubled and they wouldn't match the average DPS of a pistol.

Braton was 2nd prime primary and despite having lowest dps of all prime primaries atm its more than enough to clear 100 waves on t3 def. Does it need a buff? ofc it doesnt.

Did latron need a buff?? imo no

Paris?? imo no

Did burston needs to have 13k dps?? imo no

Boar prime 17k dps?? here im actually conflicted, short range and terrible ammo efficiency will mean that if this weapon dps is lowered it will be nearly useless compared to 8k dps from braton.

And if you havent noticed braton prime got a huge nerf at dmg2.0, dmg went down to 24 from 25 and rof went down to 8.8 from 10.

Braton prime is not too weak, majority on newly released weapons are actually way too strong.

Only thing that might change my mind is content that actually needs such huge dps and this wont happen anywhere soon.

Edited by Davoodoo

majority on newly released weapons are actually way too strong. 

If the DE Staff makes all prime of a certain range, then it is not too strong; they are the ones to make that determination, and not you.

The people that complained to DE non-stop about the bullet sponge NPC most certainly do not share your view. DE tracks sales, if people wanted weaker guns they would be the highest item on their sale list, and weapons would be made weak to keep player interest. Also, If people wanted a weaker gun then spectra would be the most made weapon.

Only thing that might change my mind is content that actually needs such huge dps and this wont happen anywhere soon.

They haven't made the upper band of content yet, and if interception is going to be the challenge standard, according to Sheldon, then these weapons are fine. Grineer>Void to the extreme end of the spectrum on how this game is balanced. Void is totally a joke, go to Eurasia and past extraction opportunity 4, and the tell me if you still think the voids should even be taken into consideration as an useful measure of content difficulty (do not use Trinity).  

Braton was 2nd prime primary and despite having lowest dps of all prime primaries atm its more than enough to clear 100 waves on t3 def. Does it need a buff? ofc it doesn't.

This type of exaggeration is both boring to read and contrived to the point I do not want to read what you said under it.

Primes are the end-game goal weapons, Braton prime is imbalanced relative to other Primes weapons and mastery weapons higher than 2. It is inferior compared to full-auto pistol and semi-auto pistol and an entire list of other weapons. There is no reason beyond an aesthetic reason to bother making Braton prime when Karak can do a better job, and other easier to acquire weapons blow it away.

Edited by LazyKnight