The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Were All Noobs, Once Upon A Time.

Shalver

Hello the name's Shalver,

(the names Shadow+Silver= Shalver, also my two Favorite names)

A long time ago, while I was playing Warframe, My Brothers and I made the Jsames Clan

(I know it's a Strange name but it's our last name in the real world)

We had fun together, but they soon got bored because they say they were doing the same thing over and over again. What do I do?

I left my Clan, and tried to find another Clan that would help me and support me. But every where I went it seemed as though nobody really cared if you joined or not, all some people cared about was having a big clan.

When I Finally Joined I was so relived to have finally found a Clan, I made my key and then tried to go in the dojo, it wouldn't let me in cause I couldn't be host.

That made me Mad.

What Kind of Clan doesn't even let the "noobs" learn how a dojo works?

So I left that clan angrily and tried to find another, and so I did.

I found a Clan that let "noobs" roam the dojo without having another person with you.

I made my key as quick as possible, but I got inside the dojo, it felt so empty, as if nobody ever came in to even mop the floors.

So I left that Clan feeling lost.

Then I thought, why not go back to the old clan you still have, I was like, what a Great IDEA!!!

But I couldn't just reinvite myself, I had to get one of my brothers, who was the Warlord, to reinvite me back in.

I convinced them both to help me back into the Jsames Clan, but I had much work to do since the other clans had lost of members.

There I was constructing and building, and beautifying the dojo, sure it took long, but it was worth my while.

I construted the Jsames Clan for all.

Noobs and Experts.

I'm disappointed at so many people trying to bigger up there Clan without looking back at what or who made you start it all.

For me, it was for those who were just beginning to understand the game.

Like the main topic says; We were all noobs, once upon time.

Thank you for reading my story.

Edited by Shalver

I definitely know the feeling you are talking about, and its the main issue I had with clans I was in before I decided to create one with 3 friends.  Clans that only recognize you as one of the masses are common, but then again, with 100+ members, how can the members converse and help every new player that joins.  Hopefully with the new alliance interactions we will be getting, feeling like you are in a family won't be at the cost of being the only person contributing.  Good to hear you got back into your clan, and I (along with at least 95% of players) hope you the best in developing your clan further.

I know how you feel bro, my clan shares the same purpose:

Let me quote something I wrote on my clan recruitment video

"The
is a fun clan full of Newbies and Pros. We help the needy and kick the greedy. Humour is our clans middle name. Female Players as well as Male players are welcome to join xD"

I personally take this issue about the gap between new players and veterans seriously and I have devised many methods to personally shorten this gap in the form of guides and videos, I just hope more people like you are out there to help do this.
Edited by Jithvan

I completely agree with OP, hell I pretty much preach the title whenever some person acts all superior and treat newbie questions like it's a crime to ask such questions.

Built a clan right after the clan update came out with exactly this problem in mind, made it clear that all those who join, newbies or pros, are expected to work together and help out those who need it.

I can happily say we haven't had any problems with players refusing to help others because they are too weak by their standards and have not heard a single complaint about such issues. 

OP hopefully you'll find a clan where you can feel comfortable in, there are some out there mixed in with the bad you just gotta find them :)

The fact that people are starting to pull rank and claim they are better than each other in the game is almost enough to make me quit if not for the majority of the playerbase shunning those people as it should be.

Either way bro, we've all been in  a match with "the ultimate tenno" or so to speak, who consider themselves better than everyone for being rank 15 or for playing the longest and so forth. Don't let these people pull you down.

#BoobanforPresident ( :3 )

The OP..... reminds me of stuff I see happening in a lot of games. Numbers, numbers, numbers. The introduction, requirements, and rules are incredibly impressive for many popular and self-proposed "great" guilds, but when you actually get into one of them, you find that it's heavily lacking in any real meaningful substance. I tend to quit guilds like those once I learn the truth. Ironically, it's the smaller, less impressive clans that makes you feel welcomed, wanted, and gives the gameplay experience more meaning.

And hello Shalver, it's nice to meet you.

I've a loooong background in TPS's, had a really good IRL friend with 700+ hours in the game get me into his own clan and teach me some basics, and when I play, I have the wiki open in the background throughout the entirety of my playtime.

I play solo mostly, and 200 hours in myself now (over 2.5 weeks, yes... I have no life.) But I got the hang of it, I imply no that everyone starts with the resources I did, but srsly, don't need to get into a clan. But the clan you do get into should be contain a good friend to back you up in.

Well, bump.

Second, that's why my usual place of hanging out usually are the Mercury, often teaching stuff to new Tenno fresh from cryopods (especially regarding Survival). Thinking of moving it to Earth (since that place is a huge wall for new players) later, but that's another story.

Perhaps the lack-of-efficiency of our chat system is one of the reasons why. Also language barrier. Don't forget not everyone can buy a microphone or a gaming headset. We all needed help when we are starting any online games. and when we're are in the upper position, we forgot who we was.

Kinda the basic of human nature.

And about clan, there's a serious clan (i think I don't need to speak names here) aiming of domination, and there's a clan that just a gathering of people wanted to enjoy the game together. While having clan isn't a necessity, but continue going down this path, and it will be lonely later on (Dark Souls all over again).

We are social creatures, after all. We need others to talk to, to argue with, to laugh together, to share the pain regarding in the mercy of RNGod, or just having fun committing a 'virtual genocide' on Grineer/Corpus/Infested together.

That's what online game is about, and we often forget about that.

Edited by Lorche