Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Thoughts For Oberon

Jin_Lightning

I like what Oberon is, but it just seems like...he's missing something.

I can't put my finger on it, but that could be me.

Anyways, I think he needs a few tweaks, and here are my thoughts

Base Stats: Only thing I kind of have an issue with, is his armour rating. It seems too low for what he's supposed to be: Paladin

Smite: I love this power, but the break-away projectiles need to seek nearby targets better. They do already, but sometmes they miss completely.

Hallowed Ground: I think this skill should be a circular radius, with Oberon at the centre. Plus, an additional effect. Not Radiation proc, because then it's just a Chaos carpet. I've had a few ideas.

1) Give stability to allies (knockdown resistance)

2) Cure status effects, or give immunity to status effects

3) Revive downed allies

Renewal: Simple healing skill, but should heal for more I think, and should heal Sentinels

Reckoning: Maybe just a better chance at spawning health orbs

Nothing big, just small adjustments.

What do you all think?

-Jin

I think Id like to see renewnal as purley a skill that picks people who are bleeding out and maybe give them 3-5 secs of blessing godmode to get them out of the "Oh SH!T" moment. would make him alot different to trin's god mode, not broken ^^

Agreed on the sentinel healing. Also I feel like Hallowed ground should have a CC effect to keep enemies within it longer, and give it some use in higher end content, but I feel the rectangular shape is fine.

Very true, but what kind of CC? Knockdown maybe? Also I feel the rectangle is too small, and stretch only makes it longer, not wider. If it did both, it'l be alot better.

I think Id like to see renewnal as purley a skill that picks people who are bleeding out and maybe give them 3-5 secs of blessing godmode to get them out of the "Oh SH!T" moment. would make him alot different to trin's god mode, not broken ^^

So you want Renewal as a status curing skill only? Hmm, that could work, but I say keep the healing aspect of it on top of that. But there DOES need to be a skill that cures status.

-Jin

Very true, but what kind of CC? Knockdown maybe? Also I feel the rectangle is too small, and stretch only makes it longer, not wider. If it did both, it'l be alot better.

So you want Renewal as a status curing skill only? Hmm, that could work, but I say keep the healing aspect of it on top of that. But there DOES need to be a skill that cures status.

-Jin

Well one of my oberon builds uses both Stretch and Overextended. From using both it seems the width is increased. Also using both stretch mods is the only way i'll ever use Hallowed Ground outside of a doorway/thin walkway.. So I agree it is thin, but used in appropriate places enemies can't get around it even if they could try.