Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Return Of The Ether Daggers

A.o.D.

If you don't like a weapon's attack animations, don't use it.

I like their design. Same goes for the Fang Prime, for which i still need a single blade. Also as i said, i hope the 3x attack pattern gets reduced to 1x attack per button press, when you equip them manualy.

Also what's with the dead beat argument "Oh you don't like Y on X? Then don't use it!". Seen it too many times in various threads, it's always such an easy way for people to try shoot down a discussion rather than argue that something is fine/wrong the way it is.

I dislike the "crazy drummer" effect, you apperently seem to be fine with it. Than say you are fine with it and note why, instead of telling me i should drop the weapon and stop complaining.

Edited by Othergrunty

I like their design. Same goes for the Fang Prime, for which i still need a single blade. Also as i said, i hope the 3x attack pattern gets reduced to 1x attack per button press, when you equip them manualy.

Also what's with the dead beat argument "Oh you don't like Y on X? Then don't use it!". Seen it too many times in various threads, it's always such an easy way for people to try shoot down a discussion rather than argue that something is fine/wrong the way it is.

I dislike the "crazy drummer" effect, you apperently seem to be fine with it. Than say you are fine with it and note why, instead of telling me i should drop the weapon and stop complaining.

It's a perfectly valid argument when the thing you dislike is an aesthetic. I hope they DON'T get rid of the 3 attack per button press. I hope they work it into the combos. That attack pattern is what makes the Fang(prime) and ether daggers stand out. It also allows them to attack really fast without forcing players to mash E like crazy.

But as I said, if you don't like a weapon's attack animation, don't use it. If you don't like a frame's appearance, don't use it. If you don't like a sentinel's appearance, don't use it.

Edit: The only other solution is just to not equip fire rate mods.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

It's a perfectly valid argument when the thing you dislike is an aesthetic. I hope they DON'T get rid of the 3 attack per button press. I hope they work it into the combos. That attack pattern is what makes the Fang(prime) and ether daggers stand out. It also allows them to attack really fast without forcing players to mash E like crazy.

On the other hand it locks you in an attack animation. Once you press the melee key, the attacks will happen even if the first strike killed your opponent allready or the enemy moved out of range, which in both cases means you are stupidly hitting empty air and have to wait until the animation is over until you can sprint again or redirect your attacks.

It's kind of like the burst fire mode on the firearms but more restricting.

Of course like burst fire it has it's advantages. Less button smashing as you said being the obvious one.

Let's leave it at that.

Edited by Othergrunty

On the other hand it locks you in an attack animation. Once you press the melee key, the attacks will happen even if the first strike killed your opponent allready or the enemy moved out of range, which in both cases means you are stupidly hitting empty air and have to wait until the animation is over until you can sprint again or redirect your attacks.

It's kind of like the burst fire mode on the firearms but more restricting.

Of course like burst fire it has it's advantages. Less button smashing as you said being the obvious one.

Let's leave it at that.

So your complaint is that you can miss? Whatever, agree to disagree.