Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Return Of The Ether Daggers

A.o.D.

So I stumbled across the ether daggers codex entry the other day, noticing they got pretty decent stats with damage 2.0.

Back in damage 1.0 they were inferior to most melees, due to having "blade damage" on both, charged and normal attack while dual ethers had "serrated blade damage" on charged and normal attacks, making them a much better choice(at least for me). Most other melee weapons also dealt "serrated blade" on charge attacks.

Due to being inferior to most of the other melee weapons, they were therefore used by only a small amount of players - in my case for testing/leveling them only to substitute them with other melees after a short time of usage.

With overhauled stats, I honestly don't see a reason why the ether daggers shouldn't return to the game. IMO the permanent loss is a waste of the beautiful models and it would also be cool to have dual daggers other than the Fang(Prime).

So what do you think? Should they return to the market?

rr1gSQD.jpg

Edit: Added "Tenno Reinforcements" Picture

Edited by A.o.D.

I have two minds about this. If they're brought back, a certain clanmate of mine will have less reason to complain that I have more weapons. On the other hand, if they come back, said clanmate will come just that little bit closer to me in terms of mastery XP.

a lot of things at codex are unobtainable and u cant cannot scan etc

we should be able to obtain any weapons/ scan any enemies at codex

so we dont have an unfinished codex when we dont have even started wroking for it, i think

Edited by Gio21

Ah the Ether family... They are still my favorite Melee weapons of all time... :P

I think they should add weapons they removed from the Market either to Clan Research or to Alerts and make item rewarding alerts more common... I can't say how many Gorgon Blueprints I already got from Login rewards and I'm sick of seeing them over and over.

I think they should add weapons they removed from the Market either to Clan Research or to Alerts and make item rewarding alerts more common... I can't say how many Gorgon Blueprints I already got from Login rewards and I'm sick of seeing them over and over.

I agree with that.

So i finaly took mine out of the forge and i must say they are indeed not bad.

However does anyone else find it annoying that the strikes are almost 3 in a row, locking you down in the melee animation, rather than being able to coordinate your strikes more clearly?

Though this might change with the comming melee upgrade, but if it stays i find it rather annoying. With a speed increase it also makes your Warframe look more like a crazy drummer than a skilled melee fighter because your arms will throw around like crazy.

Thinking about daggers in general, i always felt like they should be more crit focused than speed focused. After all daggers are usualy the critical strike weapons in RPGs.

So i finaly took mine out of the forge and i must say they are indeed not bad.

However does anyone else find it annoying that the strikes are almost 3 in a row, locking you down in the melee animation, rather than being able to coordinate your strikes more clearly?

Though this might change with the comming melee upgrade, but if it stays i find it rather annoying. With a speed increase it also makes your Warframe look more like a crazy drummer than a skilled melee fighter because your arms will throw around like crazy.

Thinking about daggers in general, i always felt like they should be more crit focused than speed focused. After all daggers are usualy the critical strike weapons in RPGs.

I take it you've never used the fang before?