Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Torid - My Idea Is Here

darkenpol

When you add other elemental type dmg, torid dont have toxic, because toxic + other = other so... better change dmg to gas, and torid always can have  gas dmg.

Next step is change statistics.

-change dmg to gas

-give a wider AoE

Firing Rate 1.0 rounds/sec >> 1,2
Magazine Size 5 rounds/mag  >> 20
Max Ammo 540 rounds  >> 240

Elemental Dmg 300.0  >> 100 per second (one granade 7 sec work, of course and scaling with mods)

Why Change Max ammo ? Because ammunition and so does not stop at raising a single packet of ammunition, get as many as the entire wave we used, so enough.

Why Change damage ? Because Ogris have 600 damage, and it's a lot more than two shots of Torid, if this weapon is to be original, in my opinion, should be temporary damage, and time damage is weaker, so add stronger damage per time than ogris

Why Change Fire Rate and Magazine capacity ? Because this weapon should be different than Ogris, and increased magazine and attack speed really miss her, that was not the OP, fire rate increased by a little.

Penta is a normal weapon and is much better than Torid. If the gun in dojo must be her rival, according to my opinion should get buff.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :]

EDIT:no more need gas dmg, toxic is good "We were afraid that we lose the effect of poisoning, so I wanted to use the gas, but this is not necessary because in my changes I wrote about change dmg on time."

UPDATE:

Firing Rate 1.0 rounds/sec >>1.3

Magazine Size 5 rounds/mag >> 20

Max Ammo 540 rounds >>240

Elemental Dmg (tick) 300.0 >> 50 per second (7 sec work)

+ Wider AOE

Edited by darkenpol

Hmmm Good idea why ? when we have toxic and use other elemental, We were afraid that we lose the effect of poisoning, so I wanted to use the gas, but this is not necessary because in my changes I wrote about change dmg on time.

Hmmm Good idea why ? when we have toxic and use other elemental, We were afraid that we lose the effect of poisoning, so I wanted to use the gas, but this is not necessary because in my changes I wrote about change dmg on time.

I figured if we want it to be gas damage we can just add a fire mod, but if we want something else we have more options.

I figured if we want it to be gas damage we can just add a fire mod, but if we want something else we have more options.

More options we have, unfortunately, if it is a gas damage. why? because the gas is Retained, and in addition you can add other combinations like in Ogris - 3 elemental (blast dmg + other 2). 
The same mogłobybyć here, so I no longer know what to gas, but it is not necessary because the time damage should be enough time

More options we have, unfortunately, if it is a gas damage. why? because the gas is Retained, and in addition you can add other combinations like in Ogris - 3 elemental (blast dmg + other 2). 
The same mogłobybyć here, so I no longer know what to gas, but it is not necessary because the time damage should be enough time

Sorry I don't understand. I'd rather have toxin damage so its not only good against infested. I can add fire to make it gas, ice for viral, and electric for corrosive.

Sorry I don't understand. I'd rather have toxin damage so its not only good against infested. I can add fire to make it gas, ice for viral, and electric for corrosive.

If Toride may have gas base damage, you can add additional damage viral and other, and then HAVE 3, Ogris may also have 3

Look here: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Ogris/t_30_30202222_131-3-5-132-5-5-133-1-5-137-4-10-141-0-5-149-7-5-150-6-10-265-2-3_141-6-133-11-265-4-131-9-137-7-132-8-150-8-149-5/en/2-0-37/0 Blast + corrosive + Cold

Sry for my bad english

100 dmg/sec is OP, no way it should be buffed so much. Strength of torid not damage itself but procing dual status in area with decent chance. It's "supportive" version of ogris/penta which is very useful in defense missions. I don't mention you can't kill yourself with it.

As for Gas Element, I completely agree with Immolator1001.

If Toride may have gas base damage, you can add additional damage viral and other, and then HAVE 3, Ogris may also have 3

Look here: http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Ogris/t_30_30202222_131-3-5-132-5-5-133-1-5-137-4-10-141-0-5-149-7-5-150-6-10-265-2-3_141-6-133-11-265-4-131-9-137-7-132-8-150-8-149-5/en/2-0-37/0 Blast + corrosive + Cold

Sry for my bad english

I'd rather have a lot of the one damage type that I want, than a bunch of damage types where there is only one I want.

600 ogris and 2 X or 3 X more AOe is not op ? One hit 600 is better than 700 as time. Penta is very, very better than Torid, This weapon need a buff/rework, so what do you suggest? about this weapon damage ? 100 per sec is not op, this is very slow killing as opposed to a single blow something like penta / Ogris, and can have 5 missiles on board, so just something similar to be able to be in Torid  That only the damage from Torid would be time.

Now i think 100 is really too much with upgrade magaizne and fire rate, so i think 350 is fine (50 X 7)

Edited by darkenpol

I'd rather have a lot of the one damage type that I want, than a bunch of damage types where there is only one I want.

I do not see the problem stay with the toxin, but now it was just needed to change the other attributes which I wrote in game ^ ^

I really want to make it so, but it depends on DE :]

Edited by darkenpol

600 ogris and 2 X or 3 X more AOe is not op ? One hit 600 is better than 700 as time. Penta is very, very better than Torid, This weapon need a buff/rework, so what do you suggest? about this weapon damage ? 100 per sec is not op, this is very slow killing as opposed to a single blow something like penta / Ogris, and can have 5 missiles on board, so just something similar to be able to be in Torid  That only the damage from Torid would be time.

Now i think 100 is really too much with upgrade magaizne and fire rate, so i think 350 is fine (50 X 7)

I'm not going to discuss penta or ogris. Only because they are good doesn't make torid bad. As I said above, torid is everything about status not simple digits of damage. Have you ever thought what is actual dps would be if it procs Heavy Gunner 61 with viral/corrosive twice? Or thrice.

Edited by 2ndBreath

Torid just needs a damage buff, the rest of its mechanics are solid minus some reloading issues.  Gas damage sucks generally, forcing us to use it would be a major nerf to an already niche weapon.  Try to focus on what's already good about the weapon instead of trying to force your vision for it on the rest of us.  A 20% damage buff would make this weapon reliable in T3 Void content (in which it is fairly serviceable already,) which is the only place where it starts to taper off in the regular game.  

Increase the proc chance, currently enemies simply walk through the cloud. It would be awesome to stop them with Blast procs.

I agree with every thing but changing the damage type. Toxin is more adaptable than gas.

You can add Toxin with mods. Builds like Blast + Corrosive + Gas or Radiation + Viral + Gas would be awesome!

I love this idea, I agree!

Edited by Taikaponi

Increase the proc chance, currently enemies simply walk through the cloud. It would be awesome to stop them with Blast procs.

You can add Toxin with mods. Builds like Blast + Corrosive + Gas or Radiation + Viral + Gas would be awesome!

I love this idea, I agree!

Usually not much point in having three elements, it just dilutes your chance of getting a favorable proc and will likely put a useless damage type on your weapon.  The base Toxin damage is what makes this weapon good in the first place since Toxin is the best base element type, bypassing shields and effective against Ferrite as well.  Viral and Corosive procs are also excellent in the right places. 

Usually not much point in having three elements, it just dilutes your chance of getting a favorable proc and will likely put a useless damage type on your weapon.  The base Toxin damage is what makes this weapon good in the first place since Toxin is the best base element type, bypassing shields and effective against Ferrite as well.  Viral and Corosive procs are also excellent in the right places. 

If you put Viral or Corrosive, enemies will simply walk past your cloud.

If you put Viral or Corrosive, enemies will simply walk past your cloud.

Put your cloud in a choke point or on an enemy.  If you have a decoy or something out there, even better.  There is also nothing stopping you from putting Blast or Radiation on.  I must also reiterate, this is not the "gas launcher" you had envisioned.  This is a hybrid weapon that can destroy single targets with the impact damage and weaken groups of enemies with the clouds.  

Edited by RealPandemonium