Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector. Oh. My. Gawd.

Drakontis

I don't know about anyone else. But I am finding this game to be a complete pain in the genitalia to control! Difficulty is all in trying to get this twat to do what I need him to do. Running is just aggravating. The Glaive is aggravating. The aiming is aggravating (I hate the bloody circle). Using cover is aggravating. Moving around in general is aggravating. And trying to kill this damned Shield Grineer bastard is ESPECIALLY. BLOODY. AGGRAVATING. 

I have no problem with the Dark Sector control scheme, in fact, I think it's a much better game than Warframe overall. And might I ask what you were expecting from a cover based 3RD person shooter? :p

Though, if you are playing the horrible PC port, I can see why you would be so frustrated.

I have no problem with the Dark Sector control scheme, in fact, I think it's a much better game than Warframe overall. And might I ask what you were expecting from a cover based 3RD person shooter? :p

Though, if you are playing the horrible PC port, I can see why you would be so frustrated.

I'm playing on PC. That may be a factor. I just... I'm trying to get through it. But it makes me want to strangle small children with how the mechanics work. A very stark difference between this and Warframe. 

Also, I don't mind cover based systems, but this one is just annoying. 

Yeah, moving in Dark Sector feels like you are trying to walk trough a swamp. I don't mind since it compliments the oppressive atmosphere, but I can see how it could turn off some people. Makes combat with melee enemies a huge chore too.

Edited by Ittia

Yeah, moving in Dark Sector feels like you are trying to walk trough a swamp. I don't mind since it compliments the oppressive atmosphere, but I can see how it could turn off some people. Makes combat with melee enemies a huge chore too.

It really does... I'm just finding the mechanics of the game in general to be a huge pain. Like locking onto that bloody helicopter... That was a chore. The governers on the guns is pretty neat, though. That's a cool addition. 

The jankiness of the controls I can deal with, but the crazy camera shake and low FoV gives me headaches

An interesting experience in seeing the influences on Warframe though, and seeing what the publisher turned their original vision into when Dark Sector was in development

The jankiness of the controls I can deal with,

I'm just having a hard time adapting. The combat suffers because of it. I now wish there was a mod where I could switch the combat to be more like Warframe because why not... Also, I HATE NOT BEING ABLE TO JUMP! :C

Also, the glaive range is weird... 

Edited by Drakontis

I don't know about anyone else. But I am finding this game to be a complete pain in the genitalia to control! Difficulty is all in trying to get this twat to do what I need him to do. Running is just aggravating. The Glaive is aggravating. The aiming is aggravating (I hate the bloody circle). Using cover is aggravating. Moving around in general is aggravating. And trying to kill this damned Shield Grineer bastard is ESPECIALLY. BLOODY. AGGRAVATING. 

I can't imagine what gave the developers a "Psychic Wound" then...