Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Tweak

Chrome_Dragon

It's probably been observed by most of you that the Penta can be zoomed in - but only if no grenades are out.  Firing it in this state is usually a quick and nasty form of suicide, but if you can buy your team enough breathing room, it's occasionally worth doing.  (If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win!)

My suggestion is that, if the Penta is fired while zoomed in, the grenades are armed in the barrel and detonate on their first impact.

This would have the benefit of making the Penta a thinking man's weapon, rewarding skill and practice beyond what is necessary to simply level it to 30.

Also, Penta grenades with tailfins?  Considering they're so … not aerodynamic, big fat fins, folded forward along the grenade's sides which flip open upon firing would go a long way to making their flight path make intuitive sense.

I agree with Izaatuw, the weapon is designed to fire with the gernades following a quadratic formula, changing it so it fires in a linear pattern is not something it really needs.

No linear flight path here, just impact fuzing.  The tail fins are purely cosmetic; they're there to explain why the flying bricks that are Penta grenades don't tumble and suffer some extremely erratic flight paths.

Edited by Chrome_Dragon

No linear flight path here, just impact fuzing.  The tail fins are purely cosmetic; they're there to explain why the flying bricks that are Penta grenades don't tumble and suffer some extremely erratic flight paths.

Sorry, I misread that slightly, still, it doesn't make the weapon a "thinking mans" gun. It actually makes it simpler as you don't need to time detonation...

I personally think that "on impact" would be nice for the penta, if zoomed in. And "on rightclick" if yo use it in "hip-fire" mode. This would give the weapon more flexibility. However it should be mentioned, that penta is one of the strongest weapons atm, and can one-shot most of the enemies anyway, and this change would be rather minor atm.

Honestly, I've blown a five-pack of (magnetic) Penta grenades on the Jackal, and … scraped off 15% of his shields.

Then I walk up with the Wraith Vipers, unload one mag, and … well, he went down within the second.  Brakk and Seer can both also do more single-shot damage than the Penta.

Stol3n, that's exactly the sort of thing I was imagining.  Mostly because suicide-bomber mode is totally a dumb function 99% or more of the time.  :-/