The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's Ultimate Is Lacking

Pixues

Actually Excalibur's theme has never been defined...but could best be defined by 'swordsman'.

Slash Dash speaks for itself.

Super Jump has always been lame and will probably be the first 'general' warframe ability (when they make those).

Radial Blind gets its roots from the story of the sword Excalibur; when Arthur first drew Excalibur on the battlefield, it blinded his enemies.

Radial Javelin shoots Skanas.

Honestly, Radial Javelin should be changed to Blade Storm (I know, I'm like a broken record) and just given three new properties:

• Pierce walls
  • Pierce targets
  • Stack a large bleed on targets hit

The problem with Radial Javelin is that it's blocked by all obstacles and goes out only in horizontal lane. These two characteristics in my opinion make it the worst ultimate ability in the game.

Excalibur is my most played frame ,but his abilities are just so lackluster in late game that it is not fun to play ,because all comes down only to spamming Radial Blind - and that's it! All his other abilities are simply waste of space (again, in late game).

My proposal would be to change Radial Javelin to something like Radial Blast. The animation/execution stays the same, but instead of shooting Skana swords a blast bauble goes outwards damaging and knocking back all enemies ,without that S#&$y line of sight requirement. Imagine something that looks like a mix of Frost's Snow Globe and Rhino's Stomp. This would really fix this frame and make it more fun to play.

And Super Jump... well there is no fix for that - it's just garbage, everyone agrees on that. Totally useless ability. I have been playing this game since closed beta and I have NEVER seen ANYONE using Super Jump.  The only fix would be exchanging this ability with something completely different.

Apart from me liking superjump... no joke. You can use it pretty well in void.

However, this endgame talk doesn't cut it at all, because every damage skill becomes a lackluster there and CC becomes superior.

Only CC and broken things are viable there because the gamedesign ended after level 40.

I agree though, that excal needs a buff.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

the ending animation is horrible, plainly and simply. I've never seen that on any other frame : 2 or 3 seconds where you are just in plain sight making non usefull gesture (it's bad but at least with the banshee you are actually casting when imobilized, it's not after the casting !!!), with a non CC ability that have done little damages.. Just waiting for a big punch from an ancient right in your face.

I'm playing Excalibur a lot lately and a good placed radial javelin is very satisfying to look at.

However, it happened from time to time that I didn't hit every enemy despite having +95% power strength, so that animation hurts very bad then.