Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Abilities Need To Fuction Better

JohnMarkLee

Some Warframes abilities don't work the same way in PvP in PvE. That just annoys me so I thought why don't we just...

Nekros

- Shadow of the Dead: When its 1v2 or 2v2. You kill the other guy's teammate and he can be summoned to help you as a shadow for the 30-50 seconds. However modded or maxed you are...

- Terrify: Getting close to Nekros will make him appear in and covering your screen with his face, like a Slenderman fashion. You are completely blind or can see perfectly based off of your distance between him. UI should not be affected.

Oberon

- Reckoning: Make it actually work please. Its completely broken right now.

Nyx

- Mind Control: Makes enemy player's teammate look like you, not the hologram thing like in Chaos. His Warframe actually looks like your Nyx walking around and stuff. This will, if they are ignorant, make him/her mistaken him/her  partner for you and shoot him because when ability is on friendly fire is on for their team. However he can still see the actual you so be careful.

- Chaos: The current one is good. However like the idea above except both players are like that.

Excalibur

- Radial Javelin: More effectiveness or damage torwards somebody. It doesn't really do anything. 

Ash & Loki

- Invisibility: More transparent.

- Smoke Screen: When enemy player is in range, the smoke bomb explosion will temporarily stun and blind him.

Frost

- Avalanche: Same problem with Reckoning & Radial Javelin.

Now I have not had all the Warframes yet! So if theres anything else you guys wanna say about other warframes don't be afraid to share. Also the please don't complain about being OP. Ash currently is 1-hit KO Blade Storm... Unless they change that also i don't really think it matters.

Edited by JohnMarkLee

I agree with you, even though Warframe isn't specifically built around PvP.

The problem with some CC moves like Reckoning, Avalanche, and so on is that it would become VERY unfair while players were under the effect of the CC, being blasted by another teammate while under the effect. Abilities like Vortex could cause some very unfair set-ups, especially with weapons like Torid (if it gets buffed), Soma, and so on.

A complete rework would be necessary just for PvP in order to make abilities viable. I don't think Dev is interested in that at this point right now. PvE comes first.

The Mind Control idea is ingenous however, I would definitely love to see that put into PvP.

Edited by DarknightK

Nyx

- Mind Control: Makes enemy player's teammate look like you, not the hologram thing like in Chaos. His Warframe actually looks like your Nyx walking around and stuff. This will, if they are ignorant, make him/her mistaken him/her  partner for you and shoot him because when ability is on friendly fire is on for their team. However he can still see the actual you so be careful.

this is actually a very good idea imo

the enemy with mindcontrol on him should be seeing enemies where there are friends, and friends where there are enemies

make sure the crosshair identifier is also altered so they cant see that it is someone else

Ash & Loki

- Invisibility: More transparent.

just no....

a pro loki/ash is already pretty much invisible, only the lower rank players are visible

you apparently haven't applied the trick correctly