Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion - Ground On Planets [Game-Changing Environment]

JohnMarkLee

Alright... This might be more of an RPG-style gameplay... However I heard personal ships or something like that is coming soon [https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/199372-personal-ship/]

Lets get to the point! Instead of having some linked system of missions on a planet... Why not us actually going to the ground of the planet into a city or something with different areas? Then there can be people there to give us missions and quest. Explains with pictures used from Star Wars Universe:

Phobos

downloadgog.jpg

download1dcd.jpg

Earth

download2aja.jpg

download3dmd.jpg

Planetoids (Grineer) & Space Stations (Corpus)

downloadiqi.jpg

downloaduuu.jpg

download1uju.jpg

Tundras 

download1wkw.jpg

downloadfpf.jpg

Jupiter

download1nxn.jpg

downloadpkp.jpg

[The Details]

- General: Just be a bunch of civilians walking around in a civilization. 

- Missions: There will be operatives around to assigning you missions.

- Alerts: There is a type of futuristic phone booth around right? Except it looks like a terminal & its not really a phone. Its a computer thing with info on it. You click on Darvo's page and a bunch of alerts come on!

- Operations: Same way with the alerts. However there is a NEWS tab and you click that instead for Inner-stellar News Channel. Tells you about which planets are having conflict or whatever you go to that planet and you do it.

- Market: There will be stands and shops around the civilization.

- Selling: There will be merchants around the civilization willing to buy your gear or whatever, then you get your credits.

- [Additional Idea] Wild: Like Desert Skates, they will be in some city areas or remote areas and probably is eating out of the trashcan or something. 

- Weapons: Are allowed to have armed however cannot kill anyone innocent.

- [Additional Idea] Patrols: Grineer and Corpus patrols around the city. (Not like a bunch of them in one spot. That is $&*&*#(%&) Like 1 or 2 per block and 5 or 10 per map. They are just hanging out patrolling. They won't bother you unless you hurt them. Walking up to them, touching them, shooting randomly won't cause a disturbance. Will not go to jail killing them. Other patrols in other areas/districts will not notice anything in the other area/district. 

- [Additional Idea] Optional Missions: I made some optional missions that can be found through the city. Some being... (You will not end up in jail doing these)

- Law Enforcer, basicly sometimes patrols will run after a civilian and you can help the patrol by chasing after him. To avoid accidental conflict when you strike the target for the first time, patrol cannot be harmed. 

Crime Partnership, which is the opposite. Instead of getting the runner, you attack the patrol that is chasing him so he can get away. 

- Lost Valuables, civilian on the street lost something valuable to him. It will be somewhere in the 50 meter radius. Sometimes it will be laying on the floor somewhere, other times you see a thief has it. You can choose to stealthily take it from him to just attack him for it.

Thug Life, a guy might ask you to kill a few to several patrols in the area for his organization (Proxy Wars Reference). 

If you succeed you return the the guy for your reward.

Charity, there will be some civilians who are sitting on the streets poor. You can decide option 1, their fault for not being born as Bill Gate's Kid and forget them. Or option 2, go up to them and donate credits. Ranging from 1 to 10000 credits. The more credits you get the better the rewards. You can get reward with: Fusion Cores, Mods, Keys, Resources or rare Blueprint PARTS. (Blueprint parts is really rare, like 1 out of every 100 people rare)

Dead or Alive, the terminal/phone booth/computer will have a option tab for bounties. This will have a list of people with bounties on their heads. They can be assassinated or captured in the area. Some targets can be: Leaders, Advance Infantry (Napalm, Ancients, Fusion MOA...etc), Civilians.

- [Additional Idea] Energy: +10 Energy for every patrol killed. +25 for every optional mission.

- Optimizations: Everyone knows this is going to be quite laggy so heres what I thought. 

- The type of game the map is hosted on is not based off the player but DE generates a server location for it. Ex. U.S. East, U.S. Central, U.S. West, EU. 

- Map can only hold at max of 8 players. 

- Planet/Moon has different districts or areas instead of just one large map. When you enter a new district or area your character will be transitioned to that district/area map.

- Not a whole bunch of AI, maybe like at most 100 AI per map.

- Allow Private/Solo/Invite Only servers. I don't think the server location will be possible for these so it will be based off of the host like the current system.

- [Additional Idea] Wanted: No not Wanted Stars like in GTA or Notoriety Level like in AC3 & APB Reloaded. This is a system where when you fight the boss and kill him, the patrols on the planet will be after you.

- Twice as much patrols will be around and less civilians. Earlier I said 5-10 Civilians so double that to 10-20. You will be wanted for 12 hours and they will go back to normal.

- Stronger Patrols - So if patrols on planet were usually level 1 than they will be leveled 2. Enemies can go up to level 60! This almost forces you to be careful and stealthy.

- This will not affect anyone else in the map except for the AI change and patrol investigations.

- They won't shoot you on sight. First they will notice you, timer on top of their heads will count down 10 to 0. After that they will walk up to you and ask you questions. This will be a new mini-game like hacking puzzles. You have choices A,B & C. Pick the wrong one and they will get suspicious, 3 wrong answers and you will get shot at. There will be a total of 5 answers till they leave you alone until you change district/area. 

- Ex Of Above: (Lancer) How are you today sir? (A) Bloodthirsty. (B) Get out of my face ugly. © Good how about you fine gentleman?

- Any time they spot you, you may walk away without being alerted. However running, jumping & free running blows your cover. If they catch you the whole planet will be after you. So you better get to your ship and get outta there fast!

- Other players might help you as you become a part of the Criminal Partnership mission.

- For this to work servers will be hosted by host instead of the Server Location idea.

- Space Port: Where you dock your ship and deport from.

- Assassins: Stalker, Harvester and Grustrag Three may come after you in the area. Depending on the faction on the planet patrols will attack or help you. For Ex. Corpus Planet & Harvester, patrols will attack. Grineer Planet & Harvester, patrols will aid you. Stalker is faction less which means all factions will attack him. Other players in the area may help if they wish to also.

- [Additional Idea] Escape Mission: I know that there is already a escape mission when the Harvester catches you. So that is what motivate me for this. If you are caught during a Wanted Session by the patrols. You will be transported into a prison on the planet which is a different mission from the planet/moon's districts/areas. The same rules will apply all weapons, abilities & sentinel are scattered throughout the facility. You find them and "extract". After extracting you will be in the beginning district with the space port. If you escaped stealthily you have a chance to escape the planet without causing a disturbance. If you made a big ruckess while breaking out then the patrols will shoot you at sight and they will not be buffed up leveled and doubled in numbers like the Wanted Sessions because they thought you were in jail. As the optional mission Criminal Partnership you are allowed to be helped by another player. 

[About the Comments]

I like how have are you are like: FUDGE NO! THIS IS NO WARFRAME MATERIAL! And the other half is like: HELL YEA! This is a awesome idea!

Edited by JohnMarkLee

Makes more sense to do something like this instead of having a UI screen for the planets but it seems to much like RPG which warframe is not. I think instead having quest or missions that people give you just make the game more immersive like they mentioned actually traveling in a space ship planet to planet and I also heard that the market place was actually gonna be put in-game.

Hmm... may there should actually be an "Open-World" kind of mission where everyone is free to join and leave whenever they want, then these idea should be implimented into the game and applied to these "Open-World" missions. It's basically a place where multiple players would be and could mess around with the public a lot, or just combat eachother in public, or mess around the places because we want to! 

Makes more sense to do something like this instead of having a UI screen for the planets but it seems to much like RPG which warframe is not. I think instead having quest or missions that people give you just make the game more immersive like they mentioned actually traveling in a space ship planet to planet and I also heard that the market place was actually gonna be put in-game.

I already said in the beginning of the topic this might be too much of an RPG. I can see why you have complaints but this seems more fun than looking at map of the Solar System.

Whilst there are apparently neutral human settlements which the Tenno are defending, anything with a Grineer soldier walking around is guaranteed to be hostile to us. On the other hand, I'd kind of like to see populated areas we can explore.

Human settlements? Why have we not even seen these in the game yet or even hear the word human? >_>