Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More/improved Chat Tabs For Ingame Chat?

AnatharsWrath

i dont think it is awful in its currant state but i feel it could definitely be improved with a a couple or so more tabs possibly. here are some i thought of:

1.) Help channel = a channel dedicated to fellow Tenno asking simple questions about the game (boss drops ect.) without the constant region chat spam that washes their question away that can occur when a heated debate or discussion takes place. i know that region chat isnt always burning with constant messages but when it is, it can be hard for a new guy to get a question answered.

2.) split trade channel into 2 being WTB/WTS = 2 channels to support 2 different trade styles. i dont feel this is all that good of an idea but its one that came to mind regardless. basically when i look at trade channel i just look for people BUYING and if i have what they seek i whisper them. but sometimes the channel can get flooded with 12 different people sending blocks of text causing the messages to fly away quickly. 

*main problem i see with this one is that with it split potential sales can be missed unless people switch back and forth between the tabs which is why i think this is a bad idea mostly.*

3.) whisper channel = it can be fairly annoying getting spammed with 5 to 15 or more whispers when you host a mission or are selling  a hot ticket item. with the whisper channel, one could potentially set up a pseudo auction house or lobby as all the people who whispered you will be connected via the original whisper receiver. In other words if the host recipient speaks or anyone else, everyone can see it and the host can "choose" to whisper a specific person back if the reply needs to be secret. All the names of the whispers would be in name/lobby list of the channel for easy access and once w/e deal or mission is done the window can be closed. no closing 20 different chat tabs. 

*I have no idea how feasible this one is or if its a good idea or not but again just throwing ideas down.* 

feel free to share your own ideas or yell emphatic NOPES to your hearts content. also sorry if in the wrong section.

I for one like the idea of a help channel. Splitting the trade one, not too bad of an idea really.... And the whisper lobby ones, well that could potentially work, ... I would like it since I buy and sell quite a lot. The