Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having A Few Options For First Weapons

yarash2110

So currently i know you got the option to choose three warframes when you start, but how about deciding on the type of gun play as well? Not everything, i think that primery is enough, write in te comments if you think diffrantly, i think there should be 3 options, a primery similar to latron, sniper/rifle type gun, automatic (mk1 braton) and a shotgun, which should all be abou the same strength, i know that mk1 braton is a great starting weapon but this will make the game a little bit more inviting to new players.

Thanks for reading and as always please write what you think in the comments :)

a good idea in theory, if all the weapons are essentially balanced. but when you start out in the game you probably won't know how the damage system works (impact vs. puncture vs.  slash and the enemy types), and most likely one weapon will be more effective than the others

I think it's good to limit the options at the beginning, because you don't know what kind of weapon you will like, so making that decision outright is pretty arbitrary. kinda like deciding which frame to use. you really don't know their strengths or how their abilities are used, or even which of their abilities you should use. in the early game, your frame is mainly just what you get around in, you haven't had the chance to check out other frames and find which abilities suit your playstyle, or which ones you can use to control the battlefield. that was my experience with mag, at least. I never used bullet attractor and back in those days, pull was just single target, I believe. and I didn't think about the tactical uses of shield polarize. but I did have crush equipped, and used it as intended: to turn the tide of battle in our favor if things started going wrong. otherwise, I used mag just because I had to, and just ran around shooting stuff. loki is kinda forced to rely on his abilities, though, since his defenses are paper thin

the whole point of that was new players will use whatever they're forced to use. if you include more choices, you may see imbalance between players, but if you have all players essentially at the same level when they start, they all progress together, and once they move away from the starting gear, then hopefully at that point they're ready to explore the intricacies of warframe and the differences between all the weapons. just based on the somewhat poor explanations of the starter frames when the new players are given that choice, I don't think another choice of starting weapons on top of that will go well. too much variation