Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Player's Pet Peeves And Annoyances.

mpastor

@mpastor

Only issue with your hypothetical is that already happened with bitcoin (and all of its derivatives such as dogecoin).

And IRS so far hasn't done much for it......

Actually this is not true.  The IRS has weighed in and declared it would tax bit coins and declared that "General tax principles that apply to property transactions apply to transactions using virtual currency,"  They can be taxed as ordinary income or as assets subject to capital gains tax.

So, if you claim plat is like bit coins then I would definitely be concerned.  Especially since bit coins are not generated in exchange for real money (they are mined).  Unlike plat in warframe.    However, I am not a tax attorney but I do know that a company may have you sign terms and agreements but this does not automatically make these terms necessarily legal or legally binding.  This plat is associated with real money so therefore falls under various laws.   They issue plat for money and allow trades without any real oversight (I am not talking just the player base here either).  Serious issues could occur.   Why on earth would you want to involve yourself in that potential mess?

@mpastor

I didn't liken plat to bitcoin. You did. I just said that the IRS hasn't done much about currencies like that yet.

Plat is like karmakoin or any of that stuff. ANd games have quite a few protections when it comes to people buying and using that currency.

And I have to ask:

So you dont want free players to ever have a chance at getting cosmetics or more slots for gear?

Why not?

Why would you want to limit them like that instead of providing a way for them to get the plat they need in a free manner?

I am building warframes, weapons, sentinals, sentinal weapons...  Each require a reactor or cat and these require neural sensors.  Each forma used to upgrade the masses of polarity changes requires NS.  If you get bolted by the G3 you need Ns's.  There are also some melee weapons and helmet sensors that require them.  Pretty much anything really useful uses them.  Have you really not noticed this?  I guess you buy a lot from the store.

Haven't bought any resources from the store (Except for ONE Neruode back when I was a stupid noob. Which I still regret).

None of the NS-using Melee weapons really interest me, and I've always found Orokin Cells to be the limiting factor on building Reactors and Forma.

As for the G3, I haven't actually fought 'em yet. I have TERRIBLE luck with Deathmark enemies. >.<

Plats are more comparable to arcade tokens IRL, usable in only one place and cannot be traded back to standard forms of money.

Yes, I think this is a good analogy.  Bit coins are setup to be mined from computers.  They actually are similar to the in-game currency we collect for doing missions and stuff.  One thing to keep in mind though.  Arcade game tokens are more regulated than bit coins.  There is typically licensing and taxes to be paid by the issuer.  And the sort of mischief I alluded to above has been occurring recently wrt arcade tokens in China.

anyone who has played this game for more then a week could make a list of things they want changed. and i dont even mean the idiots like "Free platinum!" and crap like that. play more then a month and anyone could think of at least 5 good things just to improve the game for 99% of the players. threads like this all the time. best of luck to you